Alan Pardew

Dave

We've now conceded more goals than the whole of last season, which included some right stuffings. Only Villa, Wigan and Reading have let in more.

That common ploy of trying to stop the opposition isn't working too well.

Anybody who thinks Pardew has a positive effect on us is deluded.  I know that’s a fairly harsh thing to say but I genuinely believe that Pardew is hopeless and I struggle to see how others don’t see it while I understand it’s an opinion and we all have one.

I know other managers are worse but that doesn’t make him any better than he is.

70 mins and only 1 shot on target against a rookie keeper says it all for me.  That type of performance happens way too often for it to be the players fault.

That it has taken 2 years to come to that conclusion for some is beyond me. We won´t improve with this man it´s a fact.

Look...I'm slow okay but I get there in the end! :cheesy:

I must admit I've lost a lot of faith in him but it doesn't matter, he's going nowhere. We've been through all this before.  :)

I agree with the bit in bold, that doesn't meant that we have to accept it.

Guest GeordieAce

I'm not his biggest fan by any stretch, but fuck me, a very hard fixture on Thursday against a quality side, injuries to key players and being fucked over by the ref on 2 occasions and yet it's somehow Pardews fault? Have a word man. Yes he gets criticised and rightly so at times, but today I can't see what he did wrong. The players looked fatigued but we still give that a go, Taylor being unlucky with the header, Debuchy offside, Cisse snatching at chances and the flukiest goal you'll ever see. The refs fucked us over today, make no mistake.

We've now conceded more goals than the whole of last season, which included some right stuffings. Only Villa, Wigan and Reading have let in more.

Think dozens of us have been saying it for ages...That possesion football ideally in their half is the first line of def. Pards seems to set up to do the opp. Longballish and midfield sit deep - isolated forwards. Sissoko alone has managed to bridge tha unbalance for a few games but he can't do it every game.

70 mins and only 1 shot on target against a rookie keeper says it all for me.  That type of performance happens way too often for it to be the players fault.

That it has taken 2 years to come to that conclusion for some is beyond me. We won´t improve with this man it´s a fact.

Look...I'm slow okay but I get there in the end! :cheesy:

Even if I quoted you, so was my post not directed to you :)

Guest icemanblue

But for a second shocking referee decision, we'd have got a point today. A results that many of those complaining said they'd accept before the game. His much maligned subs changed the game in our favour.

It was, however, a largely shite performance against a fresher team, who move the ball about well. It's probably our first truly 'bad' performance since Villa away. If you can't accept that a team will have bad games (especially on the back of a hard fought game three days previously), and feel it should cost a manager his job. Well, there's not much hope for you.

Regardless of the result or performance, he'll be panned by the usual crowd.

Anybody who thinks Pardew has a positive effect on us is deluded.  I know that’s a fairly harsh thing to say but I genuinely believe that Pardew is hopeless and I struggle to see how others don’t see it while I understand it’s an opinion and we all have one.

I know other managers are worse but that doesn’t make him any better than he is.

I'm resigned to the fact that we're stuck with the fella. He's here for the long term. I pray to god he actually realises how shite we are going forward and puts that right over pre-season with some time to build an effective system around players who will be around for the year next season.

I think he's genuinely unlucky with injuries at points but my main (actually, massive....) concern is that we have no recognisable style of play nor do we have any form of game plan other than 'stay solid, keep the shape and try not to get beat'.

He plays a formation, week after week, that sees a front man in Cisse up top on his own with nobody for company for 90% of the game. Meaning the ball comes winging back towards us, everytime we lose possession or resort to hoofing it up (which is always the case towards the end of every match).

I think that's where his interest in Carroll stems. He can win headers, hold the ball up pretty well and is a traditional target man. The fear is that AC would compound this god-awful game plan of his rather than see out attacking play revolutionised into some recognisable system/plan.

But for a second shocking referee decision, we'd have got a point today. A results that many of those complaining said they'd accept before the game. His much maligned subs changed the game in our favour.

It was, however, a largely shite performance against a fresher team, who move the ball about well. It's probably our first truly 'bad' performance since Villa away. If you can't accept that a team will have bad games (especially on the back of a hard fought game three days previously), and feel it should cost a manager his job. Well, there's not much hope for you.

Today shouldn't cost him his job, his overall performance this season certainly should.

Guest Dontooner

Fits the annotation that is just a lousy manager

It was, however, a largely s**** performance against a fresher team, who move the ball about well. It's probably our first truly 'bad' performance since Villa away. If you can't accept that a team will have bad games (especially on the back of a hard fought game three days previously), and feel it should cost a manager his job. Well, there's not much hope for you.

Today shouldn't cost him his job, his overall performance this season certainly should.

Guest Howaythetoon

There is nowt good about a Pardew NUFC side. We cannot defend, we cannot attack. We lose far too many games. There is no consistency, no movement, no real tactical basis to our play, just nothing. I am fucking sick of watching us look so fucking clueless and watching talented players look so, well untalented. Sissoko looked a carthorse today, Cisse a dummy, Marveux a headless chicken, Tiote a train wreck on the ball, Perch a rabbit caught between headlights, Jonas all over the place. Only player looking decent is Steven Taylor and is it any wonder when we are constantly under the cosh or forced into defensive play. And for our corners and free-kicks... the man doesn't have a fucking clue how to get a team playing good football. With the talent we have, he has no business at this club. I hope to god we get rid once the season ends or he shags a player's wife or something and has to go. Oh and we are still not safe.

I'm not his biggest fan by any stretch, but f*** me, a very hard fixture on Thursday against a quality side, injuries to key players and being f***ed over by the ref on 2 occasions and yet it's somehow Pardews fault? Have a word man. Yes he gets criticised and rightly so at times, but today I can't see what he did wrong. The players looked fatigued but we still give that a go, Taylor being unlucky with the header, Debuchy offside, Cisse snatching at chances and the flukiest goal you'll ever see. The refs f***ed us over today, make no mistake.

Today wasn't a one off, you have a word.

Guest strongbow69

I'm not his biggest fan by any stretch, but f*** me, a very hard fixture on Thursday against a quality side, injuries to key players and being f***ed over by the ref on 2 occasions and yet it's somehow Pardews fault? Have a word man. Yes he gets criticised and rightly so at times, but today I can't see what he did wrong. The players looked fatigued but we still give that a go, Taylor being unlucky with the header, Debuchy offside, Cisse snatching at chances and the flukiest goal you'll ever see. The refs f***ed us over today, make no mistake.

:clap:

There is nowt good about a Pardew NUFC side. We cannot defend, we cannot attack. We lose far too many games. There is no consistency, no movement, no real tactical basis to our play, just nothing. I am fucking sick of watching us look so fucking clueless and watching talented players look so, well untalented. Sissoko looked a carthorse today, Cisse a dummy, Marveux a headless chicken, Tiote a train wreck on the ball, Perch a rabbit caught between headlights, Jonas all over the place. Only player looking decent is Steven Taylor and is it any wonder when we are constantly under the cosh or forced into defensive play. And for our corners and free-kicks... the man doesn't have a fucking clue how to get a team playing good football. With the talent we have, he has no business at this club. I hope to god we get rid once the season ends or he shags a player's wife or something and has to go. Oh and we are still not safe.

I agree.

Guest Howaythetoon

:clap:

I can only assume you are actually onto your 69th strong bow for clapping to that pile of steaming bollocks of a post. Of course its his fucking fault, he is the man responsible for the way the team plays. Players can have off days and they are responsible for that but the team is having an off day every fucking week because of the bearded cunt and his fucking total inability to get them performing well as a team.

I wonder sometimes what HE thinks is going on out there. :lol:

Guest icemanblue

HTT comes out with the same guff every game, regardless of the result. If we've won, people laugh and post memes. If we've lost, they all agree. :lol:

Its not so much it being Pardew's fault but how he sets us up to deal with factors such as physicality, poor decisions and footballing sides. I and many of the others who subscribe to a certain viewpoint believe he doesnt so this adequately and certainly doesn't do it compentently.

In fact we don't create, we don't contain and we don't play football. We've had an influx of players of a high quality in Jan (which we had before imo good enough to hold our own in the top 10) and the combined wisdom of the manager and owners up to that point failed spectacularly to deliver that. Now Ashley has acquieseced to Pardew's pleas and we're still seeing no real term improvements. I'm fed up of it.

FWIW I think we gave the Russian side far too much respect the other night against 10 men and they were a good side but not anywhere the quality of a side the likes of Benfica and if we play as negatively as we continue to do so then the Europa League is pie in the sky stuff in all honesty.

There is nowt good about a Pardew NUFC side. We cannot defend, we cannot attack. We lose far too many games. There is no consistency, no movement, no real tactical basis to our play, just nothing. I am f***ing sick of watching us look so f***ing clueless and watching talented players look so, well untalented. Sissoko looked a carthorse today, Cisse a dummy, Marveux a headless chicken, Tiote a train wreck on the ball, Perch a rabbit caught between headlights, Jonas all over the place. Only player looking decent is Steven Taylor and is it any wonder when we are constantly under the cosh or forced into defensive play. And for our corners and free-kicks... the man doesn't have a f***ing clue how to get a team playing good football. With the talent we have, he has no business at this club. I hope to god we get rid once the season ends or he shags a player's wife or something and has to go. Oh and we are still not safe.

This is all true , very very good post.  No excuses for the position we are currently in.