Alan Pardew

Dave

I'll take back what I said about Obertan/Marveaux then. Just seen the interview and he's said Marveaux has a very mild groin strain so they were worried about playing him.

He really needs a big performance out of the team next sunday against Fulham. None of this cautious approach, have to go for it and put them away.

I'm still to get my ticket for the Fulham match but if we go a goal up and I'm sitting there in the freezing cold and we sit back as we so often do............... :rant:

Need the 3 points to take into the derby.

We do have to "do" Fulham (which is usually easier said than done for us).

But for the torch and pitchfork brigade, I really don't know how you can "have a go" at the reigning champions when you're missing three of your first choice back four, your first reserve fullback, your first choice keeper (although Elliot's done nowt wrong) your first choice DM and your best "threat" player. That's half a team right there.

He's not going anywhere, if next season starts poorly, different ballgame. As for the "it follows the pattern of his career", no-one's stuck with him to see what happens next in "the pattern", we are going to, may as well get used to it.

I've said it before, if it was up to this forum,you all would have had Fergie and Moyes sacked in their 3rd years.

I'll take back what I said about Obertan/Marveaux then. Just seen the interview and he's said Marveaux has a very mild groin strain so they were worried about playing him.

He really needs a big performance out of the team next sunday against Fulham. None of this cautious approach, have to go for it and put them away.

I'm still to get my ticket for the Fulham match but if we go a goal up and I'm sitting there in the freezing cold and we sit back as we so often do............... :rant:

But for the torch and pitchfork brigade, I really don't know how you can "have a go" at the reigning champions when you're missing three of your first choice back four, your first reserve fullback, your first choice keeper (although Elliot's done nowt wrong) your first choice DM and your best "threat" player. That's half a team right there.

He's not going anywhere, if next season starts poorly, different ballgame. As for the "it follows the pattern of his career", no-one's stuck with him to see what happens next in "the pattern", we are going to, may as well get used to it.

I've said it before, if it was up to this forum,you all would have had Fergie and Moyes sacked in their 3rd years.

should sunderland have stuck with mon then?

How do you work that out when he was at West Ham for 50% more games and Reading for nearly double he's had here?

Yes they should have, changing a manager at this point is a panic measure, you may get a new manager bounce, but its not guarenteed.

Pardew has had a poor season, but you would be mad to get rid of him now, 10 games into next season with no improvement, yes, it would probably be the right thing to do.

The extra money in TV rights next season is affecting judgment for many chairmen I suspect.

Would be hard to like Poyet giving how the c*** cost us the FA Cup under Bobby.

You mean like the 2 goals KK scored against us in the FA Cup Final at Wembley in 74....!??

Somehow, everyone forgot about that......

Incomparable situations, MoN's had near as damn-it his full first choice all season and isn't in the quarter finals of a European competition (which take a huge amount of effort/games to get to).

We got beat off the Champions (with half our team missing) as expected IMO and we got hosed by the ref at Wigan. We won't go down. If we lose to Fulham and Sunderland, then yes the manager has to be looked at, but I don't think we will.

I am not a "save Pardew at any cost" merchant, but I am thoroughly sick and tired of managerial shuffling, it's never worked for us, lets see if sticking with someone does. I see no justification to fire him just now, because I do believe there are exstenuating circumstances (some will call them excuses).

I ain't changing my mind on this, we have had decades of manager changing not working for us and turning shit into more and often deeper shit, I'm prepared to stick it out a bit longer.

If it was up to the forum we would change managers every 6 weeks. :lol:

Incomparable situations, MoN's had near as damn-it his full first choice all season and isn't in the quarter finals of a European competition (which take a huge amount of effort/games to get to).

We got beat off the Champions (with half our team missing) as expected IMO and we got hosed by the ref at Wigan. We won't go down. If we lose to Fulham and Sunderland, then yes the manager has to be looked at, but I don't think we will.

I am not a "save Pardew at any cost" merchant, but I am thoroughly sick and tired of managerial shuffling, it's never worked for us, lets see if sticking with someone does. I see no justification to fire him just now, because I do believe there are exstenuating circumstances (some will call them excuses).

I ain't changing my mind on this, we have had decades of manager changing not working for us and turning shit into more and often deeper shit, I'm prepared to stick it out a bit longer.

incomparable indeed, mon didn't get 5 new players in january iirc

also the bit in bold beggars belief :lol:

“Benfica are top of the Portuguese league and are going very well. They could be on a par with this City side in terms of quality, but I don’t think anyone else we are going to play will be as good.

“That gives us more of a chance to win games that remain.

“There is nothing I can do about the other results.

“Even with my best players today I think we would have struggled against City.

“They were as strong as I have seen them for a while.

“We have got to our business in the other games coming up, let’s be honest. They are the ones we look forward to now.”

BUT THE INJURIES

Would be hard to like Poyet giving how the c*** cost us the FA Cup under Bobby.

You mean like the 2 goals KK scored against us in the FA Cup Final at Wembley in 74....!??

Somehow, everyone forgot about that......

Except us who watched it.

I ain't changing my mind on this, we have had decades of manager changing not working for us and turning s*** into more and often deeper s***, I'm prepared to stick it out a bit longer.

OK, so who should we appoint tomorrow then ??

One name, that guarantees we win all our games from here on in (because that what folks on here seem to expect).

I don't want him as manager next season but I don't think there will be any benefit in sacking him now with 7 games to go. Any replacement won't radically change things in that time.

I ain't changing my mind on this, we have had decades of manager changing not working for us and turning s*** into more and often deeper s***, I'm prepared to stick it out a bit longer.

OK, so who should we appoint tomorrow then ??

One name, that guarantees we win all our games from here on in (because that what folks on here seem to expect).

i've already said what i think we should do, i honestly feel pardew is holding us back so badly now that the simple factor of removing from from the equation would be more than enough

Toon Pack wants us to lose all our games from here on in.

Easy game, this.

Give me a name, who's the realistic and sure fire upgrade on Pardew ???

P.S. No I don't, I just want "balance" not the apparently rampant "I want it NOW or I'll thcweam and thcweam until I'm sick" bollocks that follows EVERY loss, no matter what the circumstances.

Easy game, this.

P.S. No I don't, I just want "balance" not the apparently rampant "I want it NOW or I'll thcweam and thcweam until I'm sick" bollocks that follows EVERY loss, no matter what the circumstances.

I don't want us to sack Pardew, so why would I give you a name?

Easy game, this.

i've been very consistent in my opinion of pardew for a long time thanks, individual defeats don't change that

what annoys me consistently is yesterday i could only watch the 2nd half on delay, when the screen flashed up and we were 2-0 down there was no surprise from me, in fact i was surprised it wasn't more by then, that's where we are under pardew mate

we couldn't realistically expect anything out of that game yesterday but some fight and pride, did we show enough of either?  not for me

What I really don't get is how the players always seem to have such glowing praise for him. He may be a brilliant man-manager and speak to them all individually like a second Dad but don't they notice on the field of play that it's his instructions that have them so ineffective?