Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest Dontooner

Get rid in summer, i have never seen such a negative manager in my lifetime.

We showed today that if we lets or flair players play football we can be a dominate team, we wont have to lower of standards to a stoke or west ham.

We can definitely win games more comfortably without this negative defend 1st mentally. Newcastle United and the Newcastle Current team of players deserve a better man at the helm. Cannot imagine how Bobby or Keegan can do wonders for this group of players.

Good lord get rid and get a better qualified manager in

Think I'll give this thread a miss tonight. He's overachieved in Europe with that squad, as s*** as he's been for us in the PL this year.

I don't agree whatsoever. The first real good team we played and we went out. No discredit either. I think he's done well, but he hasn't overachieved in my opinion at least. Don't like his approach to football but he's a likeable guy and I'll give him that.

Anzhi are definitely a good team like. Not as good as Benfica, but we did well to get past them.

Right, we complain about or squad yet their squad is bunch of unknown Russians and couple of start players, where one didn't play more than 10minutes and we beat them when they had one man less too.

Yeah Anzhi are shite like, bunch of unknown foreigners!

I remember the hilarity thinking Pardew might put one over Hiddink. As if that could ever happen LOL!

They're not shite, but but they are a team who are woefully off-form at the moment. No wins in their last 7 and only scored once in 6 games. (That's the run which included the 2 games against us) 

Do any of the haters who are now crying  think we couldnt do it at 80 mins?

We had a 10 minute spell and then ran out of steam when Benfica had re organised themselves.

10 minutes out of 90 is fucking terrible.

Exactly, I'd imagine I'm classed as a "hater" and was horrified to see the lineup, the pre-match comments, and the first 70 minutes as I'm proud of our club and would always like to see us go out to get teams.  Most weeks we don't even try to, yet I'm a "hater" for criticising the man responsible.

cp40 - you've been watching us for years.  I hate watching this shite in general.  How do you feel about watching it?

I dont like aspects of our game, but I understand the bigger picture and accept, as I anticipate better things next season.

edit, and I love being in euro quater finals and feel proud

This game sums Pardew up. He believed there was only two approaches to the game, all out attack or contain and then go for it. He simply didnt trust his players to go out and play another type of game, or rather he lacked the balls to allow them to. He didnt see another way and that is criminal. We didnt have to go all out attack, all we had to do was to keep the ball and work their back four but for 70 minutes we watched the opposition do that to us while we tried to err, contain them. He is a coward, a charlatan. I counted 20 times Cabaye on the edge of our box playing it to Williamson who then moved into midfield to play it forward. These tactics were in use even after the 70 minute mark, simply awful from a clueless idiot. He makes Souness look good this c***.

Yep, Cabaye was way way to deep.

People need to understand first and foremost, 

First the problem with Pardew is not the line-up and formation, yes it can be the problem but it goes before that.

And that is what he actually tells his team to do/not to do before matches even kicks off.

I love the way people blame Pardew for how everything that happens in all our games. Did no one see Benfica harassing us and getting pretty much everyone behind the ball every time we even looked to attack first half? I swear some people just see a football pitch with only our players on it and just expect us to tear teams to shreds.

We lost this tie because of two brain lapses in the first leg from players. We had a game plan, scored two (rightly) offside goals and had a side who have been on an incredible run completely under the kosh, hammering the ball away in a panic. I personally think we can be proud of how we played tonight and Pardew deserves credit for picking a side that kept us in this tie until it was there to be stretched. Tired legs were much more at threat for the likes of Ben Arfa and Marveaux tonight.

Do any of the haters who are now crying  think we couldnt do it at 80 mins?

We had a 10 minute spell and then ran out of steam when Benfica had re organised themselves.

10 minutes out of 90 is fucking terrible.

Exactly, I'd imagine I'm classed as a "hater" and was horrified to see the lineup, the pre-match comments, and the first 70 minutes as I'm proud of our club and would always like to see us go out to get teams.  Most weeks we don't even try to, yet I'm a "hater" for criticising the man responsible.

cp40 - you've been watching us for years.  I hate watching this shite in general.  How do you feel about watching it?

I dont like aspects of our game, but I understand the bigger picture and accept, as I anticipate better things next season.

edit, and I love being in euro quater finals and feel proud

What aspects do you like? :lol: And wouldn't you have felt prouder if we'd had a proper go at getting to the semi's?

He's indocrinating a small club, plucky underdog mentality with some people and it's sad to see.

The last twenty minutes show that if he plays the flair players and let's them play we can have even a quality side like Benfica shitting themselves. He rarely ever allows that though. He's reached his limit here. He doesn't suit the players we have now or the squad Ashley and co are trying to build.

I love the way people blame Pardew for how everything that happens in all our games. Did no one see Benfica harassing us and getting pretty much everyone behind the ball every time we even looked to attack first half? I swear some people just see a football pitch with only our players on it and just expect us to tear teams to shreds.

We lost this tie because of two brain lapses in the first leg from players. We had a game plan, scored two (rightly) offside goals and had a side who have been on an incredible run completely under the kosh, hammering the ball away in a panic. I personally think we can be proud of how we played tonight and Pardew deserves credit for picking a side that kept us in this tie until it was there to be stretched. Tired legs were much more at threat for the likes of Ben Arfa and Marveaux tonight.

:thup:

Guest Howaythetoon

I fail to see what he did wrong personally, if we opened up they would have scored a lot sooner as they are a superior football team.

The plan was perfect but it wasn't executed to said perfection sadly :(.

There are other ways to play FFS! For 70 minutes we simply did fuck all. You don't have to open up and be all gung ho to win 2-0. But our idiot of a manager didnt know this.

:lol: Not one shot in the first 40 minutes and that's down to us just not being able to get near their goal, no matter how hard we tried.

I fail to see what he did wrong personally, if we opened up they would have scored a lot sooner as they are a superior football team.

There are other ways to play FFS! For 70 minutes we simply did f*** all. You don't have to open up and be all gung ho to win 2-0. But our idiot of a manager didnt know this.

Have you not slit your wrists yet? :lol:

I think some people have genuine concern for our style of play. If anything people who gives credit to Pardew time and time again are those who probably don't see football enough outside of our club.

I'm not being harsh on Pardew tonight, he did what he was capable of, but I do disagree with his approach.

Guest Howaythetoon

There are other ways to play FFS! For 70 minutes we simply did f*** all. You don't have to open up and be all gung ho to win 2-0. But our idiot of a manager didnt know this.

Have you to slit your wrists yet? :lol:

Not quite but your posts have me reaching for the razor...

He got it wrong and deserves stick, but I don't think he got things much wrong on first leg, you can't legislate for errors like Saylor's and  Santon's, and he got it wrong here but we still nearly made it. Bad day for Pardew but not the worst.

I know that but you must realise by now Pardew isn't capable of that? you are asking him to do things he isn't capable of.

The plan was fine, sadly we couldn't take the chances we did have.

He got it wrong and deserves stick, but I don't think he got things much wrong on first leg, you can't legislate for errors like Saylor's and  Santon's, and he got it wrong here but we still nearly made it. Bad day for Pardew but not the worst.

This sums it up completely.

Yeah, first leg "ish"  Second leg, at home...sit for 70 minutes?

Have you to slit your wrists yet? :lol:

Not quite but your posts have me reaching for the razor...

Come on you can do better than that :lol: I'm only on a windup,  I feel "some" of your pain

This sums it up completely.

We scored our goal tonight through as bad a defending.

Guest bimpy474

I think some people have genuine concern for our style of play. If anything people who gives credit to Pardew time and time again are those who probably don't see football enough outside of our club.

I'm not being harsh on Pardew tonight, he did what he was capable of, but I do disagree with his approach.

This would be me, the style of play is the thing i hate. I want decent football, attacking football and it's never happening under Pardew.

2 years is long enough to see what football he wants us to play, and it's ugly mostly defensive tripe imo.