Alan Pardew

Dave

you actually realy think we could attack like the last twenty mins for a full 90? seriously ?

edit- almost every pro ive heard today say this tactic was the correct approach btw. of course you disagree with them all simply because you dont like the manager.

Did I say that we could attack like the last 20 minutes for the full 90?

ridiculous, he stated theres more chance of the opponents scoring in that 70 mins if you attack them, simple fact, and in this scenario that would have ended the game by half time. People are just making things up. :lol:

I don't know what Pardew has or hasn't said but that really is a one sided outlook.  Can the opponents not score after the 70th minute?

As it was the game was over when they scored because we had absolutely no chance of scoring twice in the remaining time.  That wouldn't have been the case if they'd scored during the first 70 minutes.  It would have been a tough ask but it was a possibility that we could have come back, we didn't have that option later on.

you actually realy think we could attack like the last twenty mins for a full 90? seriously ?

edit- almost every pro ive heard today say this tactic was the correct approach btw. of course you disagree with them all simply because you dont like the manager.

Nobody has said all out attack for 90, merely for us to have some ambition attack wise. We had absolutely no ambition in the first hour, and apparently that was a deliberate ploy. That to me is a terrible indictment of a cowardly and negative manager. To fill your home stadium, create a hostile atmosphere for your opponent and then just totally sit back off them. They must've thought it was fucking Christmas again.

Exactly apparently Pardew has convinced these people that attack and defending cant happen within first 45 mins of a football match. 

Doesn't ever happen apparently.

I'm convinced Pardew is clueless when it comes to combining the two yeah..... He's the Danny Simpson of managers.

Guest bimpy474

Exactly apparently Pardew has convinced these people that attack and defending cant happen within first 45 mins of a football match. 

Doesn't happen ever apparently.

Thing is they are taking this game in isolation, fair enough you could say as it was a 2nd leg. 1-3 etc.

But this how we have played for the most part, all season, and that's the thing they seem to be forgetting. It's not just about last night, it's a tactic that is turd in the long run. Now just because it could have worked last night, oh great. Well fuck me, it's looked great against Readings of the league hasn't it.

It's mind boggling that they can't see the underlying theme. Yet everything i just said is explained away by injuries, Europa league or last summer. None of those explain long ball, Cisse on the wing, set penises, the worst defence away in the league, one win away all season in the league.

Please can i see what they see, because all i see is a poor manager with a lack of ideas and ability to change things for the better, and a massive inability to have his team play decent football.

ridiculous, he stated theres more chance of the opponents scoring in that 70 mins if you attack them, simple fact, and in this scenario that would have ended the game by half time. People are just making things up. :lol:

I don't know what Pardew has or hasn't said but that really is a one sided outlook.  Can the opponents not score after the 70th minute?

As it was the game was over when they scored because we had absolutely no chance of scoring twice in the remaining time.  That wouldn't have been the case if they'd scored during the first 70 minutes.  It would have been a tough ask but it was a possibility that we could have come back, we didn't have that option later on.

Please tell me what pro's. Because I was looking on the Premier League TV (called that here in Sweden at least) and there no one was praising the approach. I think the players did exceptionally well, but I thought we shouldn't been so cautious in the first half. Should've attacked from the off and used the backing and atmosphere to get us an early goal and shake them up a little, instead we let them settle in and pass the ball around a bit too much for my liking.

I don't like the way we were set up, Bigi didn't offer anything on the right and Siss - Cabaye sat super deep with Anita. It was like we had won the first leg. 

He doesn't seem to have a great deal of faith in the team keeping the ball and preventing the opposition from scoring for someone who claims to favour the former and allegedly spends most of the week's training on the latter. If the tactics were indeed spot on, then the ONLY way we could fathom to stop them scoring at will was to not be so bold as to shoot at their goal. And this is a good thing? :lol:

Meh, it's gone now. We gave it a decent shot in the end. Just wished we'd gone for it a bit more because I think we had it in us to progress.

Going by Pardew's logic, there's more chance of us scoring 2 goals during 70-90 mins than there is,

Compared to scoring 2 goals during a full 0-90 mins.

Strange man.

This.

Re your point of if HBA had scored that shot-

Some of us here have been saying for a while that we can't keep-on relying on individual brilliance to get us out of jail. Last night showed exactly why.

And yet you were satisfied enough?

As HTT said, some of those that are making these pathetic excuses deserve the s*** that have been thrown at their faces this season.

Feel very sorry for the likes of yourself and HTT that you couldn't enjoy a night and be proud of the team after that tbh. If you can't put an agenda against a manager aside after a tie where we came across a better and more experienced European team then I pity you.

Pros are thick as mince.

Edit: I'm not wading in on this argument. Just don't think pro opinions matter in general.

Doesn't ever happen apparently.

I'm convinced Pardew is clueless when it comes to combining the two yeah.

That's something that I've commented on about him, it's either one or the other. We got to Old Trafford and The Emirates and try and play football and we get battered at the back. We try and keep things tight which means we aren't very good at attacking.

Basically our transitional play under him is dreadful.

Please tell me what pro's

Steve Mclaren,John Anderson, Bob Moncur, only ones Ive heard. the only people ive seen/heard saying it was wrong were the usual whingers in this thread.

Going by Pardew's logic, there's more chance of us scoring 2 goals during 70-90 mins than there is,

Strange man.

This.

Some of us here have been saying for a while that we can't keep-on relying on individual brilliance to get us out of jail. Last night showed exactly why.

As HTT said, some of those that are making these pathetic excuses deserve the s*** that have been thrown at their faces this season.

Feel very sorry for the likes of yourself and HTT that you couldn't enjoy a night and be proud of the team after that tbh. If you can't put an agenda against a manager aside after a tie where we came across a better and more experienced European team then I pity you.

Proud of that performance? :lol: What.... all 15-20 minutes of pressure? :lol: (Probably not even that.) Yeah.... dead proud. :memelol:

I don't have an agenda against Pardew. In fact, this was my final straw with him. I was happy to be patient and give him the benefit of the doubt all season. It was only last night that I completely lost all faith in him...... and you say I have an agenda?

I don't feel sorry for the likes of you who clearly forgot what it was like for a Newcastle side, especially at SJP, to give European oppositions a real game. Go and put on a DVD of SBR's era, will you.

Guest bimpy474

Does this site have to take a certain amount of people with learning difficulties, rather like where i work.

Strange man.

This.

Proud of that performance? :lol: What.... all 15-20 minutes of pressure? :lol: (Probably not even that.) Yeah.... dead proud. :memelol:

I don't have an agenda against Pardew. In fact, this was my final straw with him. I was happy to be patient and give him the benefit of the doubt all season. It was only last night that I completely lost all faith in him...... and you say I have an agenda?

I feel sorry for the likes of you who clearly forgot what it was like for a Newcastle side, especially at SJP, to give European oppositions a real game. Go and put on a DVD of SBR's era, will you.

Where did I say proud of the performance?

Strange man.

This.

I feel sorry for the likes of you who clearly forgot what it was like for a Newcastle side, especially at SJP, to give European oppositions a real game. Go and put on a DVD of SBR's era, will you.

Where did I say proud of the performance?

Then what should we be proud of?

Pardewganda has truly gotten into you.

Guest bimpy474

Does this site have to take a certain amount of people with learning difficulties, rather like where i work.

:lol:  is that a clue? :lol:

As in website ?  not that hard is it ?

cp40 requires olde timey speak. He does not understand modern words. He is not of this generation.

:lol: Then why are you proud of the team, if not for their performance!?

Because I thought they executed the game plan almost perfectly. I'm not particularly proud of the fact the only way we were going to qualify last night was by playing how we set up last night, but I do genuinely believe that was the only way it was ever going to happen.

Guest bimpy474

cp40 requires olde timey speak. He does not understand modern words. He is not of this generation.

Ah, duly noted :lol:

I'm confident we'll do better next season. Primarily because aside from the EL run I'm not really sure how it could have been much worse tbh.

I just want Pardew and the club to learn from their mistakes.

I would guess your the only one using this site and working at your place- is there a link?  :lol:

that was the joke btw- Im aware the Pardew  Angryists have lost thier sense of humour like, Pity them tbh.

some people on here need to take a serious look at themselves. This is just how things are right now. We can't change that. Don't you see the sheer futility in what your doing? It can't be good for you and I know it's upsetting Dave.