Alan Pardew

Dave

If the premier league is a priority over the EL though, as he suggested, why wouldnt he spend the week preparing for the Premier League game?

And why does he change the system from one competition to another? Most clubs have a way of playing and buy/coach players to fit it. We're lucky if we last 45 minutes without having to shuffle the pack.

Surely the logical thing to do is to play the same system Sunday and Thursday so players right through the squad can get used to it and find it less difficult to fit into one particular system, and the coaching staff will obviously benefit from preparation time because they're not coaching something completely different depending on what day of the week it is.

Guest bimpy474

Ahhhhh.....i see.

Pardew out this week is it.......s*** manager anyway :lol:

Who's said Pardew out?

FFS :D......i was being sarcastic, well trying to insert a bit of humour in the thread my friend.....come sit with Uncle Bimps and have a nice cup of tea.....i find calms the nerves you know :D

If the premier league is a priority over the EL though, as he suggested, why wouldnt he spend the week preparing for the Premier League game?

And why does he change the system from one competition to another? Most clubs have a way of playing and buy/coach players to fit it. We're lucky if we last 45 minutes without having to shuffle the pack.

Surely the logical thing to do is to play the same system Sunday and Thursday so players right through the squad can get used to it and find it less difficult to fit into one particular system?

Indeed, it seems to me that he prefers 4-3-3 but he thinks 4-4-2 is less likely to leak goals, that's to do with the style of play that comes with each formation imo. With 4-4-2 we see long ball and with 4-3-3 more build up. This is the reason why I think we'll progress to 4-3-3 when he's happy with the defence. We tend to play 4-3-3 when he doesn't think there's much danger in the other team.

What in the name thats all holy in fuckety uppedness is this madness  :idiot2: :kasper:

The anti-pardew parade is divided into three large camps

1) I'm still butthurt about mean old alan getting the job when my bezzie chris was sacked

2) How dare he defend a shitty transfer window and not publicly slate his boss, as any normal person clearly would

3) 4-4-2?  WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

NWOAP, this isn't RTG son.

I'm not sure what RTG is but everyone's entitled to an opinion and mine is the whinging is ott so I represent that through hyperbole.  This isn't communist russia, sunshine.

Cherish that ignorance, precious, it's not somewhere you want to see.  Hyperbole is all very well but you're just being needlessly divisive dropping people who don't share your view into their convenient little boxes.  Petal.

How dare I step out of line of the hivemind.  Ignorance is strength.  Uniformity of opinion is truth.  :lol:

Man, now you've gone all RAWK, we doing a forum tour?  Nobody says you have to agree with everyone else because nobody else agrees with everyone else.  Opinion is a nuanced thing, not black and white as you've painted it.  I'm disappointed with how we've played this season, do I want Pardew out?  No I don't.  Mick will give a different opinion and Mole another.  There's no big clique or gang, you can't just pigeonhole people into convenient little boxes because they disagree with you because for a large part they also disagree with each other.

Opinion is a spectrum and we're all here to discuss NUFC, no need to try and come up with little labels because everyone will have different opinions on everything anyway.

Ahhhhh.....i see.

Who's said Pardew out?

FFS :D......i was being sarcastic, well trying to insert a bit of humour in the thread my friend.....come sit with Uncle Bimps and have a nice cup of tea.....i find calms the nerves you know :D

Heh, it's late here and i've had a few, my meter must be broken.  I'm not going to sit with uncle Bimps though, he made me do things last time.

What in the name thats all holy in fuckety uppedness is this madness  :idiot2: :kasper:

1) I'm still butthurt about mean old alan getting the job when my bezzie chris was sacked

2) How dare he defend a shitty transfer window and not publicly slate his boss, as any normal person clearly would

I'm not sure what RTG is but everyone's entitled to an opinion and mine is the whinging is ott so I represent that through hyperbole.  This isn't communist russia, sunshine.

Cherish that ignorance, precious, it's not somewhere you want to see.  Hyperbole is all very well but you're just being needlessly divisive dropping people who don't share your view into their convenient little boxes.  Petal.

How dare I step out of line of the hivemind.  Ignorance is strength.  Uniformity of opinion is truth.  :lol:

Man, now you've gone all RAWK, we doing a forum tour?  Nobody says you have to agree with everyone else because nobody else agrees with everyone else.  Opinion is a nuanced thing, not black and white as you've painted it.  I'm disappointed with how we've played this season, do I want Pardew out?  No I don't.  Mick will give a different opinion and Mole another.  There's no big clique or gang, you can't just pigeonhole people into convenient little boxes because they disagree with you because for a large part they also disagree with each other.

Opinion is a spectrum and we're all here to discuss NUFC, no need to try and come up with little labels because everyone will have different opinions on everything anyway.

Man, the irony of you railing against me for labeling people while you're busy describing my posts in terms of what forums they resemble is too much :lol:  I'm going to go have a victory wank and a nap. :lol: :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Ahhhhh.....i see.

Who's said Pardew out?

Heh, it's late here and i've had a few, my meter must be broken.  I'm not going to sit with uncle Bimps though, he made me do things last time.

Shhhh have you seen the news lately.....:lol:

Man, the irony of you railing against me for labeling people while you're busy describing my posts in terms of what forums they resemble is too much :lol:  I'm going to go have a victory w*** and a nap. :lol: :lol:

Have a good one sugarplum, there's nothing wrong with being a wanker, specially if you're a victory wanker.

Surely the logical thing to do is to play the same system Sunday and Thursday so players right through the squad can get used to it and find it less difficult to fit into one particular system?

Indeed, it seems to me that he prefers 4-3-3 but he thinks 4-4-2 is less likely to leak goals, that's to do with the style of play that comes with each formation imo. With 4-4-2 we see long ball and with 4-3-3 more build up. This is the reason why I think we'll progress to 4-3-3 when he's happy with the defence. We tend to play 4-3-3 when he doesn't think there's much danger in the other team.

I'm not so sure, it's not like he goes from 4-3-3 to 4-4-2 game-by-game, the only time we've played the former in the league is that run of six or seven wins ending with the hammering at Wigan, and we played it no matter who we faced. The defence hadn't been particularly good in the run-up to that game either.

I fear it comes down to the simple matter of keeping Ba happy, that's the only way I can see the logic. We have very few players capable and experienced of playing up to standard as a wide forward - only two in fact, and one of them really does not want to play there, and I think at the moment Pardew's position is that his form means that we have to keep him happy, with the added bonus that Cisse seems a lot more laid back.

Guest bimpy474

I'm not so sure, it's not like he goes from 4-3-3 to 4-4-2 game-by-game, the only time we've played the former in the league is that run of six or seven wins ending with the hammering at Wigan, and we played it no matter who we faced. The defence hadn't been particularly good in the run-up to that game either.

I fear it comes down to the simple matter of keeping Ba happy, that's the only way I can see the logic.

I also think its his defensive outlook too, he likes the two banks of four.

Guest bimpy474

If he's just trying to keep Ba happy then couldn't he just play him as the central of the three?

You are using far too much common sense there, for me we are still too wrapped up in who play left/right/centre.

Just play Ba, Cisse and Barfa and let them roam, whoever is left, whoever is right, whoever is in the middle when the play breaks down then they defend that area. English teams are still far too rigid.

If he's just trying to keep Ba happy then couldn't he just play him as the central of the three?

You are using far too much common sense there, for me we are still too wrapped up in who play left/right/centre.

Just play Ba, Cisse and Barfa and let them roam, whoever is left, whoever is right, whoever is in the middle when the play breaks down then they defend that area. English teams are still far too rigid.

Yeah, i'd love to see that and I think those three could make it work.  I don't think Pards will do that though, so for me we're stuck to trying to get players into those positions.  Ferguson could maybe do a job on the left of a three, not sure he poses enough goal threat though and we'd need a midfielder getting into the box too.

I've edited above, we don't have anyone else capable of playing that wide forward role.

Yep Ba is the only CF we have that is capable of playing wide consistently and with Ba scoring all the goals you can sort of understand it.

I think an ideal world Pardew would like a wide player who is a goal threat so he could rotate Ba and Cisse and keep the balance.

I don't think for one second he would buy all these midfielders and then not bother using them i just think he's concerned with the lack of goal threat on the pitch with just Ba or Cisse.

He definitely likes at least 2 goalscorers on the pitch at all times whether that be a front 2 or a front 3 so being linked with the likes of Tom Ince etc etc makes sense.

It is also to make Ba happy which does annoy me a bit as no one is above the team but i do think there's more to it than just keeping Ba happy.

Guest bimpy474

Yeah, i'd love to see that and I think those three could make it work.  I don't think Pards will do that though, so for me we're stuck to trying to get players into those positions.  Ferguson could maybe do a job on the left of a three, not sure he poses enough goal threat though and we'd need a midfielder getting into the box too.

Well i'd go two holding players, let Cabaye free to link up with a front 3 that roam about, we will never see it under Pardew i'm afraid, not having a go at him its just something English managers will never give players the freedom to do.

I'd try Fergie too but thats looking at it like Left wing/Right Wing/Centre Forward. Where as i want 3 forwards to do what they like. Fergie it is then :lol:

Well i'd go two holding players, let Cabaye free to link up with a front 3 that roam about, we will never see it under Pardew i'm afraid, not having a go at him its just something English managers will never give players the freedom to do.

I'd try Fergie to but thats looking at it like Left wing/Right Wing/Centre Forward. Where as i want 3 forwards to do what they like. Fergie it is then :lol:

He's very concerned with what we're doing when the opposition has the ball.  Watch us when a move breaks down and they get it, players drop into positions like they're on autopilot it's so well drilled.  Everyone knows exactly where they should be when the opposition has the ball.  I'm not sure how you could square that defensive discipline with a floating front three.

But we've already done that, that's the exact system we played at the end of last season and it worked a charm. This season when we do play a 3 Ba is NEVER out of the centre, even to the point where Shola is playing on the right.

Guest bimpy474

But we've already done that, that's the exact system we played at the end of last season and it worked a charm. This season when we do play a 3 Ba is NEVER out of the centre, even to the point where Shola is playing on the right.

Aye, that has been a problem with whatever system we play, the lack of movement. Players easy to pick up and no players to show for passes. Its down to Pardew to come up with something different. Certainly not Shola on the right, that was very Souness and made me die a little inside.

Guest bimpy474

I'd try Fergie to but thats looking at it like Left wing/Right Wing/Centre Forward. Where as i want 3 forwards to do what they like. Fergie it is then :lol:

He's very concerned with what we're doing when the opposition has the ball.  Watch us when a move breaks down and they get it, players drop into positions like they're on autopilot it's so well drilled.  Everyone knows exactly where they should be when the opposition has the ball.  I'm not sure how you could square that defensive discipline with a floating front three.

With the floating three up top its then about the team filling in each position and that is where English managers lose the way.

Two holding player help as they fill in each side wide, but unless you get a front three and the third Centre mid (we have in Cabaye) who work hard say like Barca's from the last few seasons defensively, then the system fails.

Mute point mind as Pardew, as you say is more concerned with the oppo than our own play at the moment, it seems like anyway.

Guest bimpy474

I think it's down to Pardew to tell Ba he's playing for a team and not for himself.

100% spot on, as it should be for all players. Player power in full working order it seems.

I think it's down to Pardew to tell Ba he's playing for a team and not for himself.

100% spot on, as it should be for all players. Player power in full working order it seems.

At the same time I think he's trying to keep him happy because he knows how much it'd cost to replace him and that we really need to upgrade other areas of the team first.

Guest bimpy474

At the same time I think he's trying to keep him happy because he knows how much it'd cost to replace him and that we really need to upgrade other areas of the team first.

True about Ba i reckon. I think cost is out of his thinking now though. I think Pardew knows will be signing players which wouldn't be his first choice but the chairman's price choice. Still a player Pardew has looked at tbf, but way down on this mythical list they are supposed to look at.