Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest Dontooner

Always going to be a difficult game for us, actually thought being defensive was good decision from the get go, but being 1-0 up we should have came out putting pressure on them. Most teams play to break us down now, even the lower teams wont be afraid  as we are quite predictable in phrases of the game.

We really need to be put more minutes in the game giving pressure on oppositions.

Can understand the gameplan, we have the lead so make it hard for them to score & counter. Our countering was poor though & unfortunately Suarez has pulled out a moment of top skill. Do wonder how it would've played out if we'd kept pushing, Anita was helping us link well in midfield. Need new ideas again now, more players shifting about with injuries & suspensions.

Guest neesy111

Think he did well today. Got a good team out there and the subs were needed. Couldn't have done much more today.

:no:

Did you see how deep we were start of the 2nd half, he went for the 1-0 as he usually does nowadays.

Think he did well today. Got a good team out there and the subs were needed. Couldn't have done much more today.

Did you see how deep we were start of the 2nd half, he went for the 1-0 as he usually does nowadays.

Thought for the first 10 or 15 minutes of either half it was the right thing to do as they were pressing heavily.

Best possible 11 started and with right formation, subs were all good and done at right times, however i'm really sick of seeing us start well score a goal and then try and hold the lead for the rest of the game. It always comes back to bite us on the arse. We have a strong attacking four of Ba, HBA, Cisse and Cabaye we shouldn't be playing defensively the second we've scored. Mixed emotions on him today, that Liverpool team was there for the taking by the end of the first half and we didn't take advantage.

Guest neesy111

The way we started the 2nd half was utterly pathetic, deep and no attacking play at all.  Amazingly we started to come out after they scored.

Guest neesy111

Thought for the first 10 or 15 minutes of either half it was the right thing to do as they were pressing heavily.

We allowed them to press heavily imo.

Ba is a huge loss. We are unable to link up as well as 1st half without Ba. 

The way we started the 2nd half was utterly pathetic, deep and no attacking play at all.  Amazingly we started to come out after they scored.

21% possession in the first 15 minutes of the second half. That is an almost comical figure. Exceptionally hard to win games playing as negatively as that, even against a team as profligate as Liverpool.

Guest neesy111

A point at Anfield where we get usually bumholed.

Yet Pardew is coward.

Fuck me, some heads need a shaking.

Did you see how bad Liverpool were....

Pathetic second half game plan. Subs all wrong too, losing Cabaye and Ba (though i assume latter forced) without replacing them with anyone who can hold the ball up was suicidal anyway, as much as the counter attacking thing makes sense. Cisse should have gone off not Cabaye

A point's not bad though, just Pardew is getting more and more negative rather than less.

A point at Anfield where we get usually bumholed.

Yet Pardew is coward.

f*** me, some heads need a shaking.

Did you see how bad Liverpool were....

How BAD Liverpool were?

Serious? BAD?

Guest Howaythetoon

Fuck off, this is a forum and I'll speak my mind. Yous keep your heads in the sand though. Too many players letting us down? They don't have a fucking chance with our negative tactics and gameplan. I called it at half-time, we would sit back and they would come at us and equalize. The only thing I got wrong was that they would win. We should have came out at half-time going for them but we came out and sat back. We are so predictable and so fucking poor on the ball. That's not down to the players but the manager and his tactics/gameplan etc.