Alan Pardew

Dave

Pathetic second half game plan. Subs all wrong too, losing Cabaye and Ba (though i assume latter forced) without replacing them with anyone who can hold the ball up was suicidal anyway, as much as the counter attacking thing makes sense. Cisse should have gone off not Cabaye

A point's not bad though, just Pardew is getting more and more negative rather than less.

Cabaye injured.

Who else can come out to hold the ball then? Bigi?

I think he deserves credit for the side he put out and his intended game plan but there's no question they started the game better.

Also, that was some occasion, and we've nicked a point out of it when, truth be told, they've dominated.

I still don't see how you can accomodate Ba and Cisse is a 4-3-3 but I think he deserves credit for continuing to show faith in them.

Anfield is just a stadium it should never be a factor. That is the worst Liverpool side for donkeys and we've failed to do something that nearly every team that's played them at Anfield has done this season. In his interview there he's going on about playing well then catching them on the counter. It's all well and good doing that every now and then but not for the whole of the second half. We should have came out went at them and gotten another goal not came out and just sat deep. It's making players like HBA come into our half in the hope of touching the ball when he should be in the final third whenever we have the ball to provide the killer pass/finish.

Really I find it a very strange solution to our problems to stick Cisse ( a quiz essential no.9) on the left and just sort of hope it works or something? Is this a genuine attempt to solve some problems?

Seems a poor short term fix at best.

It's just any excuse to hammer Pardew. Unless we win and play well, the usual suspects are on here berating him.

We faced a Liverpool side who played well, we had some poor luck with injures and a red card, yet still took a point at a place where we usually get nowt.

Look on the bright side FFS.

Fuck off, this is a forum and I'll speak my mind. Yous keep your heads in the sand though. Too many players letting us down? They don't have a fucking chance with our negative tactics and gameplan. I called it at half-time, we would sit back and they would come at us and equalize. The only thing I got wrong was that they would win. We should have came out at half-time going for them but we came out and sat back. We are so predictable and so fucking poor on the ball. That's not down to the players but the manager and his tactics/gameplan etc.

I agree.

Us winning a point today was more down to, yet again, inspirational piece of individual attacking brilliance, rather than Pardew doing any else differently.

And, of course, because Liverpool aren't great.

Really I find it a very strange solution to our problems to stick Cisse ( a quiz essential no.9) on the left and just sort of hope it works or something? Is this a genuine attempt to solve some problems?

Seems a poor short term fix at best.

I hope that's autocorrect. :lol:

It's just any excuse to hammer Pardew. Unless we win and play well, the usual suspects are on here berating him.

We faced a Liverpool side who played well, we had some poor luck with injures and a red card, yet still took a point at a place where we usually get nowt.

Look on the bright side FFS.

Sort of agree, they played well and the result is no disaster (though the red card is, and that does happen every now and then) but still too negative from Pardew. There's counter attacking and then there's just willing the opposition to lay siege to your box

Anfield is just a stadium it should never be a factor. That is the worst Liverpool side for donkeys and we've failed to do something that nearly every team that's played them at Anfield has done this season. In his interview there he's going on about playing well then catching them on the counter. It's all well and good doing that every now and then but not for the whole of the second half. We should have came out went at them and gotten another goal not came out and just sat deep. It's making players like HBA come into our half in the hope of touching the ball when he should be in the final third whenever we have the ball to provide the killer pass/finish.

Eh? They drew with Man City & only lost to Man Utd after going down to 10 & conceding a dodgy penalty. They outplayed both for large periods also, theyre not winning loads but their performances havent been as bad as made out at home atall.

He's changing it round too much in the middle of games for me, theres a few players end up playing in totally different positions throughout the game. I'm all for mixing things up but its every game and the players can't get settled

f*** off, this is a forum and I'll speak my mind. Yous keep your heads in the sand though. Too many players letting us down? They don't have a f***ing chance with our negative tactics and gameplan. I called it at half-time, we would sit back and they would come at us and equalize. The only thing I got wrong was that they would win. We should have came out at half-time going for them but we came out and sat back. We are so predictable and so f***ing poor on the ball. That's not down to the players but the manager and his tactics/gameplan etc.

Assume we all had our heads in the sand all of last season when you kept banging the same old drum?

I just don't know any more with this season. On the one hand you could argue that we've sat back again. On the other hand you could say that Liverpool came out absolutely all guns blazing, playing the best they've played all season on merit (rather than 'cos we let them').

DWWD isn't a bad run of form - you have to give Pardew credit for that. I consider the next five games all seriously winnable. 10 points is an absolute bare fucking minimum against the upcoming opposition. This current run is a decent building block, as torturous as the games have been.

I thought that he got the starting 11 about right and had very little to do anything other than put that team out.  Liverpool started very well for 10 or 11 minutes during which time I have no idea what we were trying to do.  After that we played some reasonable stuff against a Liverpool team who look shit.  I don't think we ever controlled the game for more than a few passes at a time.

The first two changes were forced and I would have probably brought Ferguson on as he can put in a really good ball from out wide.  I have no idea why Cabaye came off but it didn't change the game either for or against us.

Our football still isn't good but I'm still happy with a point from the game, all in all I'm not going to have a go at Pardew for today.

Guest bimpy474

Still no away win in the league or europe still as well.

Still only beaten by Man Utd and Chelsea........just for balance like.