Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest reefatoon

NUFC Stats ‏@NUFC_Stats

Just 4 PL sides produce fewer short passes per game on average currently than NUFC - 314. The do produce most long though (77)

:anguish:

Depressing

My god, are our memories really so short we're thinking of Obertan as a decent option.  He's shown nothing in the PL, he's been a useless liability everytime he's been on the pitch.  Just because you haven't seen him for a while doesn't mean he's got any better.

Guest reefatoon

My god, are our memories really so short we're thinking of Obertan as a decent option.  He's shown nothing in the PL, he's been a useless liability everytime he's been on the pitch.  Just because you haven't seen him for a while doesn't mean he's got any better.

no, I think he is a pile of shit, I just didn't agree with taxfree saying Marveaux is 10 times better, because he has been just as shit, maybe even more when he has played.

no, I think he is a pile of shit, I just didn't agree with taxfree saying Marveaux is 10 times better, because he has been just as shit, maybe even more when he has played.

Marveuax looked okay on saturday as he was fresh and the other players on the pitch had played 80 minutes. When he's started he's been gash, too slow of foot and thought.

no, I think he is a pile of s***, I just didn't agree with taxfree saying Marveaux is 10 times better, because he has been just as s***, maybe even more when he has played.

I think you'll find few who has watched them both who'll say anything else.

NUFC Stats ‏@NUFC_Stats

Just 4 PL sides produce fewer short passes per game on average currently than NUFC - 314. The do produce most long though (77)

:anguish:

We produce the most long passes but have no one capable of bringing them down and holding-up play.

Going off topic a bit, Marveaux is a talented player who's been unlucky / hit with bad injuries. When was the last time he actually played a full 90 minutes in his career?

no, I think he is a pile of s***, I just didn't agree with taxfree saying Marveaux is 10 times better, because he has been just as s***, maybe even more when he has played.

Marveuax looked okay on saturday as he was fresh and the other players on the pitch had played 80 minutes. When he's started he's been gash, too slow of foot and thought.

Would he be like that given a run of games though?  No player will ever look sharp if they're only given a few minutes every 3/4 games, and one of those was out of position v everton.

The glimpses i've seen of him he's showed a bit of vision and decent passing at least, which straight away is more than obertan offers imo.

Marveaux has really not shown much of anything for NUFC. He's been injured yes, but the chances he's had have been woeful. Obertan, especially in his last few appearances, has looked useful.

I do think Marveaux is a better footballer overall, but he's in no way shown it this season.

Marveaux has really not shown much of anything for NUFC. He's been injured yes, but the chances he's had have been woeful. Obertan, especially in his last few appearances, has looked useful.

I do think Marveaux is a better footballer overall, but he's in no way shown it this season.

I'm talking their whole career.

Well that's not all that relevant, as neither has had a pretty prolific career to this point.

Well that's not all that relevant, as neither has had a pretty prolific career to this point.

Of course it is. Marveaux have shown he can deliver the goods in a big league. Whether he can do the same in Premier League remains to be seen. He hasn't looked the part yet, but given a period of consistent football I'm sure we'll see improvement. We have seen enough of Obertan to come to the conclusion he's garbage.

People keep saying woeful, honestly, how many 'chances' has he had?

Played well against Forest away in the league cup.  MOTM I think.

Was our best player when he got a half vs Everton away last season.

Looked good vs Everton at home before he got crocked.  Then missed November - May through injury....

Played well against Brugge away.

Average/decent against Scunny in the league cup.

Then some instantly forgettable cameos, the horrendous performance vs Everton this season (where he was seemingly asked to play the Jonas, defensive winger role I might add) and a few poor/average performances in Europe and suddenly he's woeful?

I've seen more promise from him in the rare pitch time he's had, than I've seen from Obertan week after week.  Yet Obertan still gets chances to keep playing shit and fucking up? 

I wonder if roles were reversed, would we be saying the same?  Bit of a hypothetical I know, but I don't get how people have got a set in stone opinion on Marv.  When really, we've barely seen him and he's recovering from serious injuries and trying to adapt to a new team and league.

Not sure any of this matters mind.  Seems like Pards doesn't rate him and I'm not sure he'll be here much longer.  Never been given a fair crack of the whip IMO.

I agree with the post in spirit but being average/decent against Scunny in the cup is pretty counterproductive to your point, like. :lol:

Fair few exaggerations there too fwiw. He had a smashing game at Forest by all accounts but hasn't really done owt else of significance. Far too early to write him off, though.

I agree with the post in spirit but being average/decent against Scunny in the cup is pretty counterproductive to your point, like. :lol:

Fair few exaggerations there too fwiw. He had a smashing game at Forest by all accounts but hasn't really done owt else of significance. Far too early to write him off, though.

Yeah, I suppose on his competitive debut, after all that time out and playing in a terrible side (we were honking that game).  He really should have been top drawer.  120 minutes as well.  He was tidy enough I thought and the signs were promising.

If there has been some exagerations in my post.  Then the last 3 pages are littered with them as well.

Woeful and terrible FFS :lol:  IN comparison to whom?  All of our world class superstars like Sammy, Ferguson and Obertan?

NO.  The forum that only deals in extremes.  There is no inbetween :lol:

Pardew expressing shock at DiMatteo's dismissal, and claiming it's unfair. He sounds a bit nervous.

Wonder why these managers continually expect to be given time, when it isn't the nature of the job anymore. So many of them aren't even worthy of the extended amount of time they all want. They'd only keep flopping anyway.

Guest neesy111

Pardew expressing shock at DiMatteo's dismissal, and claiming it's unfair. He sounds a bit nervous.

Wonder why these managers continually expect to be given time, when it isn't the nature of the job anymore. So many of them aren't even worthy of the extended amount of time they all want. They'd only keep flopping anyway.

Exactly what I thought when I heard him say that.

Guest reefatoon

They might come out and say they want to be given time, but deep down they love getting sacked early, picking up a huge windfall on the way, then walking straight into another job. Rinse and repeat.  It's the cushiest job out there.

They might come out and say they want to be given time, but deep down they love getting sacked early, picking up a huge windfall on the way, then walking straight into another job. Rinse and repeat.  It's the cushiest job out there.

You're right. The unfair dismissal tripe is just to prevent them looking bad, and therefore less desirable to any future employers really. Can totally see that.