Alan Pardew

Dave

Injury problems are a smokescreen. We don't have any more then anyone else and we've been this awful all season anyway.

What are these injury problems that are making Krul kick the ball back to the opposition every time he gets it? Is it injury that's making everyone stand still and watch whoever has the ball?

There's serious issues with the coaching and management of the team and it's blindingly obvious.

Fuck off :lol: We're a goalkeeper away from being able to put out a passable starting XI. Three of our starting four midfielders are crocked as are two or three of their immediate replacements. Any club would struggle with injuries like that.

There are issues that need to be addressed, like our tendency to go direct from goal kicks. That's a concern and I've been whinging about it on here for a while, however to write off the impact that injuries have had on us is just daft.

Injury problems are a smokescreen. We don't have any more then anyone else and we've been this awful all season anyway.

What are these injury problems that are making Krul kick the ball back to the opposition every time he gets it? Is it injury that's making everyone stand still and watch whoever has the ball?

There's serious issues with the coaching and management of the team and it's blindingly obvious.

Absolute nonsense.

I'm equally not having it that injuries are a viable cause of dictating the way we play; even if the youngsters can't cut it just yet they don't look like they are being actively encouraged to have a go. There's only Santon who seems to be reaching anywhere near the pace and tempo needed.

Sometimes it takes a manager and a group to stumble upon a formula for success, that's what will happen here.

Pardew made a mistake by not sticking with what was working last year but it will happen again this year. Every week that it doesn't happen will cost us.

Pardews not getting sacked, the notion is stupid, we've been down that road and it leads to unrest.

Get behind Pardew and let him find a solution, however long it takes.

"But to some extent, we didn't have enough threat up the top of the pitch. We lost Hatem and then we lost Papiss - we lost Shola yesterday - and we didn't really have enough pressure up there that could cause them problems.

What a load of bollocks.  Weakened teams have performed pretty well in this competition.  Now he's saying we don't have enough attacking quality to see of Maritimo?  We're a Premier League side that finished 5th last season FFS.  We didn't even attempt to attack them second half and got passed off the pitch.  Oooh we lost Shola, how depressing, he's world class that lad.  Did we not have one of the most prolific strikers in the country up top second half?  Or did I imagine that?

Stop lying Pards!

Absolute nonsense.

Wullie really lets himself down in this thread. We've got no strength in depth and and players missing in every position.

A lot of the points we won last season were based on decent first half performances followed by serious backs-to-the-wall second half performances.  It was good to see us winning but for the most part it was shite to watch. Sadly this season we don't have the good spells in games to set us up for the wins we need - it's like we're playing every game like we played the second half of games last season.

We're struggling to retain possession, struggling to create chances, struggling to score goals and struggling to defend - that is all fundamental stuff that any manager should be addressing. Pardew seemingly isn't, which is totally unforgivable.

Add to that the fact that we haven't scored a goal from a set piece for about 2 years, we haven't won a game after going behind for about 2 years and our world class striker who could do no wrong last season now looks like he wants to top himself every time he's on the pitch, and it points to a pretty serious set of circumstances.

I hope i'm wrong but I can't see Pardew turning it round. There are just too many individual problems contributing to this mess and he doesn't seem to have the answer to any of them.

Fair assessment really, we aren't good to watch at the moment. But all I would say is that Pardew isn't addressing them 'yet'. It's too early to write him off because of a couple of bad months.

His style might never be the beautiful football we ideally want, but he's shown he can make it effective.

The team on Sunday will probably be Krul, Simpson, Williamson, Taylor, Santon, Anita, Tiote, Jonas, Marveaux, Ba, Cisse.

That is not an injury crisis, two players out (and replaced by two of Carr's buys, one of whom cost us a lot of money) and one suspended. Obviously losing Ben Arfa is a massive blow but only because of how much we've come to depend on him, he was still there against Swansea and West Ham and they were still too good for us. Injuries might excuse future performances, especially if Cisse's out too, but they don't excuse anything we've seen so far this season.

Guest neesy111

It's not that ridiculous anymore given the nightmare run of fixtures we've got coming up.

So would a change of manager solve our injury problems and swap that tough run of fixtures for a newer, easier run?

Injuries don't cover up about how clueless we are at attacking in general, our set pieces and our generally negativity whenever we take a lead.

The team on Sunday will probably be Krul, Simpson, Williamson, Taylor, Santon, Anita, Tiote, Jonas, Marveaux, Ba, Cisse.

That is not an injury crisis, two players out (and replaced by two of Carr's buys, one of whom cost us a lot of money) and one suspended. Obviously losing Ben Arfa is a massive blow but only because of how much we've come to depend on him, he was still there against Swansea and West Ham and they were still too good for us. Injuries might excuse future performances, especially if Cisse's out too, but they don't excuse anything we've seen so far this season.

I think you're basically right, it's not really a 'crisis'. Most of the players on our injury list would never be playing anyway.

Not having Colo and Cabaye and HBA is bound to effect our play though. Take the best defender, midfielder and attacker out of any team and see how it effects them.

Just want to say that he can FUCK OFF.

Can´t believe that after all this people is still playing the "give him the time" card :lol: The small squad is something Ashley has to take the most of the blame, but that we are playing like this because of injuries and a small squad :lol: We didn´t play better when everyone was available.

Still can´t believe that people is laughing at the comparison of him and our other so called "managers", I said that month ago. What exactly is Pardew doing better?

I wouldn´t be happy. But he could at least admit that he is a bad manager that can´t teach a team to play offensive, that he likes to play it long and sit back, and that Ashley won´t give him any money. The truth should feel so much better than this lying show.

I can´t even get angry anymore when we won´t win. Because it´s so obvious and it has gone so far that I just can´t feel anything :( I´m worried. I´m worried that we will get relegated again :undecided:

It's not that ridiculous anymore given the nightmare run of fixtures we've got coming up.

So would a change of manager solve our injury problems and swap that tough run of fixtures for a newer, easier run?

No, but it might leave us better prepared for our next set of three eminently winnable home games - whenever that opportunity presents itself to us again in the future.

1 point off West Ham, Swansea and Maritimo. Hah.

I think you're basically right, it's not really a 'crisis'. Most of the players on our injury list would never be playing anyway.

Not having Colo and Cabaye and HBA is bound to effect our play though. Take the best defender, midfielder and attacker out of any team and see how it effects them.

Which is exactly what Pardew will say when/if we lose on Sunday.  Even without those three, that team is significantly better player-for-player than Southampton, so for me that's no excuse.  The personnel isn't the problem - the tactics, style of play and general approach to the game is the problem.

Guest neesy111

No, but it might leave us better prepared for our next set of three eminently winnable home games - whenever that opportunity presents itself to us again in the future.

1 point off West Ham, Swansea and Maritimo. Hah.

Reminded me off those back to back home games under Roeder against Charlton and Sheff Utd which was depressing.

Have to say I am quite surprised at how he is coping with the pressure. I assumed from his confident persona last season that he would be able to take it. Doesn't appear so, you can easily tell from the interviews and quotes. Do we have any West Ham fans on here? Would be interested to hear what he was like with them.

Can´t believe that after all this people is still playing the "give him the time" card :lol: The small squad is something Ashley has to take the most of the blame, but that we are playing like this because of injuries and a small squad :lol: We didn´t play better when everyone was available.

Still can´t believe that people is laughing at the comparison of him and our other so called "managers", I said that month ago. What exactly is Pardew doing better?

I wouldn´t be happy. But he could at least admit that he is a bad manager that can´t teach a team to play offensive, that he likes to play it long and sit back, and that Ashley won´t give him any money. The truth should feel so much better than this lying show.

I can´t even get angry anymore when we won´t win. Because it´s so obvious and it has gone so far that I just can´t feel anything :( I´m worried. I´m worried that we will get relegated again :undecided:

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/computer-close-hulk.gif

You have to laugh like.

Just want to say that he can f*** OFF.

I still think he has bought himself time with last seasons finish of 5th.

Not sure if our football will improve, or depends on what your definition of football is.

We wont go down, we'll bobble aout picking up points and will be safe...

IF he carries on like this and we are dropping more home points then I think the sword will fall, as much as Pardew is their man, they are a pair of ruthless buggers.