Alan Pardew

Dave

How do we create the chances for those goals then.....

It's simple, attack them.  We've scored goals and sat back too often.  We need to get a goal and keep going at them as if it was 0-0 and we will get a reaction from the crowd.  Perch being banned might create an opportunity for Marveaux to get a game and I would drop Jonas for Ben Arfa.

But he wins free kicks that we never score from though?

Guest bimpy474

Well said Mick. The way some people carry on on here its almost like they're desperate to see him fail

Its not that.

I will accept losing, i hate it but i can take it.

Its the way we are playing, its dreaful, long ball and a style that doesn't suit the players. Yet what comes out of his trap is bullshit to the extent is beggars belief.

Guest neesy111

It's simple, attack them.  We've scored goals and sat back too often.  We need to get a goal and keep going at them as if it was 0-0 and we will get a reaction from the crowd.  Perch being banned might create an opportunity for Marveaux to get a game and I would drop Jonas for Ben Arfa.

But he wins free kicks that we never score from though?

Doesn't even win free kicks now he's that slow.

Guest neesy111

Do you think Pardew will do that though?

:thup:

Crowd needs to be up for this too importantly.

Mick's post is rather positive reading especially considering that he is one of Pardew's critics (no offence meant here btw).

I speak as I find, we were unlucky tonight because we did enough to get something from the game.  I'm not bothered about what has happened in the past because that's gone.  We need points and for the first time in 4 games we looked as if we could get something from a game.

I couldn't give a s*** about Pardew, I only care about the club and I'll slate him when it's needed but not for the sake of it.  Tonight I'm positive and gutted at the same time.

Mick's post is rather positive reading especially considering that he is one of Pardew's critics (no offence meant here btw).

I speak as I find, we were unlucky tonight because we did enough to get something from the game.  I'm not bothered about what has happened in the past because that's gone.  We need points and for the first time in 4 games we looked as if we could get something from a game.

I couldn't give a s*** about Pardew, I only care about the club and I'll slate him when it's needed but not for the sake of it.  Tonight I'm positive and gutted at the same time.

I think that's fair enough Mick. I think he's a clueless manager, but we can cling onto the hope he's still got the dressing room. Lets get behind the lads on Monday.

Aye - bit OTT some of the stuff on here tonight. Understandable to be disappointed with the result but think it's important to acknowledge a decent performance in very difficult circumstances.

Our football has been like an illness and different people have different tolerances to pain.  I realised long ago that Pardew might not be up to the job, others are taking longer to come to that conclusion.

Once you realise he might not be up to the job it becomes easier to see little positives, even in defeat.  It's perfectly understandable that another defeat isn't going down well with some people because it might just be the last straw for some.

:thup: And that is the right way to think. Balanced.

If they come to defend, which they will, we'll struggle to make anything with deadwood like Jonas in the team.

If they come to defend we stand a far better chance than we do if they come here and have a go.

---

We improved tonight and while it wasn't great there are positives to be taken in to the Wigan game, just need to have a go.

I agree and we could turn our season around against Wigan.

If they come to defend, which they will, we'll struggle to make anything with deadwood like Jonas in the team.

If they come to defend we stand a far better chance than we do if they come here and have a go.

---

We improved tonight and while it wasn't great there are positives to be taken in to the Wigan game, just need to have a go.

We won´t turn around any season regardless of results. Maybe we can scrap some results and leave the worst danger, but turning around the season... nah.

Guest neesy111

Do you think Pardew will do that though?

I'm thick, I'll give him a chance and hope that he does, simply because it's better for all of us that way.

:thup:

Unfortunately, we need a win more than ever now. Which means we'll score a goal and defend for our lives.

A win at any cost seems to be the gameplan atm. We need to be relaxed and play with no fear, but we simply won't set up like that against Wigan.

You've gone from anger back to denial Mick. Now I AM WORRIED. :lol:

I have been angry after so many games but not tonight, I didn't expect any positives before the game and have been able to take some from tonight.  Pardew must have seen that the extra body in the middle made a massive difference and that gives me hope.  If he doesn't see it after tonight and reverts to type then I will be massively against him, he doesn't have any excuse now.

Even people who are pissed off after tonight must see that we were better.

Guest neesy111

You've gone from anger back to denial Mick. Now I AM WORRIED. :lol:

I have been angry after so many games but not tonight, I didn't expect any positives before the game and have been able to take some from tonight.  Pardew must have seen that the extra body in the middle made a massive difference and that gives me hope.  If he doesn't see it after tonight and reverts to type then I will be massively against him, he doesn't have any excuse now.

Even people who are pissed off after tonight must see that we were better.

We were better.  Mind I thought Stoke were absolute garbage.

---

We won´t turn around any season regardless of results. Maybe we can scrap some results and leave the worst danger, but turning around the season... nah.

---

I gave up on this season a while back in all honesty. But we still need some wins and we have the players to do that regardless of the manager. Pardew is no more than a glorified cheerleader for me, but right now that's as good as we're going to get with Ashley as owner.

You don't know that we'll not, only time will tell.  We're never going to qualify for Europe this season but we can still regain some pride and enjoyment, two things which have been in short supply so far.

Guest neesy111

We were better.  Mind I thought Stoke were absolute garbage.

West Ham, Swansea and Southampton were poor.

I thought Swansea were decent mind, created a fair few amount of chances.

We were better tonight but at the same time it was hard to be much worse than sunday. We played better today because a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 was used, he has to realise we need to play three in midfield. I also think the 8 year contract was an extremely stupid decision as, for me, it's instilled a complancency in him.