Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest VanBarduck

Love that moment when  Tioté yailed at Guti for losing the ball " common man  :rant: !" and then pardew yailed even more with some non-audible bullshit .. Thanks to SkY HD DolBY 5.0 Digital  ;D

I understand stability and giving him a chance to turn it around etc, but we need to get rid whilst we still have a season to save.

I think everyone understands the need for stability and if he even looked like doing the right things and changing I would be willing to back him. It's how clueless and desperate he looks that is setting alarm bells for me. If we are to get rid, now is the time to do it before January and hope the new man can get a couple of results as I have no faith in Pardew currently to get a single point other than Qpr game

To all those proposing he should go who do you propose we replace him with?

Apart from the Hughton sacking, which was obviously done with Pardew lined up sacking a manager mid crisis rarely results in a positive step up. Just thinking back to the Kinnear appointment, the Hughton/calderwood combination once he took ill, then the Shearer appointment, then stumbling upon appointing Hughton as a permanent appointment after relegation.

Even if we can identify some managers who may be a step up e.g Jol, Martinez would they come work under Ashley?

The real problem for me isn't the system/ tactics, they've largely been unchanged from last season which we obviously did so well. The problems are too many players are out if form Jonas, Tiote, Colo (recently), even Timmy apart from tonight. These are players who were playing out of their skin last year. Secondly there's been the injuries and the extra games. Obviously this should have been addressed in our summer transfer window, is this Pardew's fault? Probably not, it's unlikely he has much say with regards hammering through deals for transfers.

Ultimately it's probably Mike Ashley's head we should be calling for, probably have less influence on removing him I know but he's the one holding us back. Until this board are rid of we are not going to show the ambition required to consistently remain challenging in the top 6.

Erm, I've never been fond of ad hominem, but... you high?

Why?

Well lets see- the Keegan fiasco, xisco, Kinnear, relegation, sport direct, refusal to show ambition in transfer window blaa blaa...

Do you feel that after sacking Pardew the fat one will replace him with a better manager and support him as he should have Pardew in the last window?

I'm not happy with him at all like, but it seems people have already got their abuse typed out pre-game now.

We have lost 5 of last 6 games to

Swansea, West Ham, Southampton, Stoke and now Fulham - that's why, we have basically been beaten of bang average teams quite easily in most cases

Guest Dontooner

He's lost the plot.

Our only plan seems to be to keep the ball in the final third and hope that a moment of individual brilliance notches a goal. We don't play as a team any more, we don't have a plan to target certain teams in certain areas, we f***ing launch it from most areas of the park, our movement is dreadful, our passing is sloppy and wasteful, the subs he makes have no influence on the game, our defence are all over the place, we have zero threat from set pieces and yet cant defend them and the manager makes excuses every game rather than accept any blame himself.

The sooner he f***s off the better. It's going to happen eventually, it's already gone beyond what he's capable of repairing.

:clap:

16 beers and this still make sense to me , well written!

Those who thought we play well should really read and understand this post. Being in the final third means nothing if you cant open teams up.

I think boarding up the training ground is perhaps one of the worst excuses a manager can use in the history of the game,

Not even JFK could even dream of using that one.  I mean all our attacks comes from either long balls or crosses (open play and set plays).  It's been happening for a full season and half now, I really don't think opposition's managers needs to know anything else to figure out what we are doing in our training sessions.

I mean what kind of message goes through a players head when he see's his manager resort to such feeble excuse.

"hmmm wow im playing in a training ground today with our manager who just instructed some strange men to come along with hammers and nails to put wooden boards up all around ...wow our manager is desperate!"

To all those proposing he should go who do you propose we replace him with?

Apart from the Hughton sacking, which was obviously done with Pardew lined up sacking a manager mid crisis rarely results in a positive step up. Just thinking back to the Kinnear appointment, the Hughton/calderwood combination once he took ill, then the Shearer appointment, then stumbling upon appointing Hughton as a permanent appointment after relegation.

Even if we can identify some managers who may be a step up e.g Jol, Martinez would they come work under Ashley?

The real problem for me isn't the system/ tactics, they've largely been unchanged from last season which we obviously did so well. The problems are too many players are out if form Jonas, Tiote, Colo (recently), even Timmy apart from tonight. These are players who were playing out of their skin last year. Secondly there's been the injuries and the extra games. Obviously this should have been addressed in our summer transfer window, is this Pardew's fault? Probably not, it's unlikely he has much say with regards hammering through deals for transfers.

Ultimately it's probably Mike Ashley's head we should be calling for, probably have less influence on removing him I know but he's the one holding us back. Until this board are rid of we are not going to show the ambition required to consistently remain challenging in the top 6.

Erm, I've never been fond of ad hominem, but... you high?

Why?

Well lets see- the Keegan fiasco, xisco, Kinnear, relegation, sport direct, refusal to show ambition in transfer window blaa blaa...

Do you feel that after sacking Pardew the fat one will replace him with a better manager and support him as he should have Pardew in the last window?

I'm just repeating myself now, but we've been trying to get rid of our board the entire time I've supported Newcastle United, and it just isn't going to happen. Who is this amazing owner you have lined up to replace Mike anyway?

To think they said the whole point of the unprecedented 8 year deal was to prevent there being any discussion about the manager in case we might get in a slump somewhere down the line. Happened a lot sooner than expected. Not just Pardew, but also Mike, Dekka and the players have set themselves a massive challenge with this shite start to the season. Looking at the fixture list, it may well get a lot worse before it gets better too..

We never look like scoring to me, like. Ever.

Corners and free kicks are usually a good source for defensive teams with big players. Big Sam, useless fat cunt that he is, does usually get that part of his horrible football game plan right.

I'm not happy with him at all like, but it seems people have already got their abuse typed out pre-game now.

Swansea, West Ham, Southampton, Stoke and now Fulham - that's why, we have basically been beaten of bang average teams quite easily in most cases

Well aye, and it's completely his fault. but some of the criticisms seem more suited to post-game West Ham & Swansea.

We were by no means brilliant today, and we still need things to click better up front, but there were positives to take away from it.

Guest firetotheworks

Surely that's because we're so predictable? His excuses make it worse.

He had the team playing the football you all want tonight for the vast majority of the game. Substitutions aside, people calling him a coward are either very disappointed with the result or blind to what is happening in front of them. We tried to outpass them but it didn't work. Hopefully we'll keep trying.

Substitutions were fucking bad mind. Nevertheless he scored loads of points with me tonight rather than losing any.

Yet how many clear cut chances have we created?

Exactly, not many. As I say we struggled to break them down.

I'm sorry Wullie, I think you're being very harsh if you're criticising Pardew's team for passing the ball around too much. :lol: We tried and we tried but tonight it just didn't work. I said in the ground that it didn't help us that Fulham hadn't won in the last 6 or 7 games, as it led to them wanting to win at all costs and they left no gaps.

We need to keep playing as we did tonight and we'll be alright.

A stronger manager could have hooked Jonas at half time for that "performance"

Ben Arfa was becoming a real danger to Fulham and not looking tired at all and yet is taken off. Hardly worth saving him for Man city is it?

The frustrating thing is we actually were far better than we have been in many games and yet Fulham still looked like scoring at will most of the time and this is the weakest Fulham team we have faced for a long and we still lost.

I fear for us as we are really struggling and we were pretty much gifted the 3 points against wigan. Really need to turn this around and go on an Everton style second half of the season run just to get out of trouble.

Well aye, and it's completely his fault. but some of the criticisms seem more suited to post-game West Ham & Swansea.

We were by no means brilliant today, and we still need things to click better up front, but there were positives to take away from it.

I agree there are positives, it's just for me they are far and away outweighed by the negatives of shit subs and loyality to players like Jonas and Williamson

We were playing a team who were just above us in the league and who had form that was as bad as ours, the positives should be seen with that in mind.

We were playing a team who were just above us in the league and who had form that was as bad as ours, the positives should be seen with that in mind.

Yeah forgot about that. Fulham hadn't scored in 5 games and had won 1 in their last 5 home games.

It was another disjointed performance from Alan Pardew's side, who too often failed to get their most dangerous attacking players on the ball in areas where they could hurt the home side.

Demba Ba was isolated in attack, fellow striker Papiss Cisse - who scored 13 goals in 14 games for Newcastle last season but has only four in 20 this campaign - was wasted in a role that saw him operate largely on the right while Ben Arfa showed clear glimpses of his talent but is not yet up to speed after missing four games through injury.

Yeah forgot about that. Fulham hadn't scored in 5 games and had won 1 in their last 5 home games.

Rodallega hadn't scored in 20 as well, I think?