Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest neesy111

The match reminded me of Wigan at home and Bolton at home last season - in control of the game, but uninventive attacking meaning we relied on some substitutions and a moment of individual brilliance to go in front.

Unlike last season though, there isn't a reason or an excuse to continue selecting Jonas, and this Cisse on the wing thing is daft.

Overall, I dont't think we've been too bad in the last 5 games - comparable performances to many of last season's, but without getting the breaks and punished for appalling attacking and defending at set pieces.

Funnily enough it was Marveuax who got the assist against Wigan as well.

About 10 minutes of "Alan Pardew's black and white army" during the second half today in what was amazing support throughout to the team showed how different SJP is to internet forums. Changed the game when he had the balls to make (unpopular) substitutions which brought us the three points.

He's got to think seriously about playing Jonas though.

We have been lack of wide players for ages. Obertan is the only one we have now.  Marveaux is not a winger, HBA is forced to be a winger, and Jonas is no longer a football player.

We don't need width. What we use is length.

Ooh err missus.

Truew though.

Ferguson is a proper wide player who I have high hopes for, though don't think he's ready yet by any means. Agree we lack wide players, but would be less of an issue if Pardew didn't keep trying to get players who aren't wide players playing wide

Ferguson is a proper wide player who I have high hopes for, though don't think he's ready yet by any means. Agree we lack wide players, but would be less of an issue if Pardew didn't keep trying to get players who aren't wide players playing wide

The players have to be technically very gifted to be able to go through the middle. Other than Marveaux and HBA, who else we have? Amanfitiano?

About 10 minutes of "Alan Pardew's black and white army" during the second half today in what was amazing support throughout to the team showed how different SJP is to internet forums. Changed the game when he had the balls to make (unpopular) substitutions which brought us the three points.

I was at the game and I'm on here, the substitutions he made are the same substitutions that work every so often and fail more often than they work. 

Today was the 11th appearance for Shola in the league, it was his first goal.

Guest tollemache

Much as I'm sure he was taken off for a sound reason, it's quite heartening to hear that because SJP can be horribly harsh on underperforming players at times. He just needs to rediscover his mojo.

Makes me think of Luque, who was so unlucky with his injury, then his confidence evaporated, but SJP's uproar and groans at his mistakes finished the job. The fans had no patience because they were f*cked off at Souness to begin with. Such a shame, he was an incredible talent.

Much as I'm sure he was taken off for a sound reason, it's quite heartening to hear that because SJP can be horribly harsh on underperforming players at times. He just needs to rediscover his mojo.

Makes me think of Luque, who was so unlucky with his injury, then his confidence evaporated, but SJP's uproar and groans at his mistakes finished the job. The fans had no patience because they were f*cked off at Souness to begin with. Such a shame, he was an incredible talent.

SJP can be a vey harsh crowd to play in front of but the support yesterday was top class. Loud, passionate and 100% behind the whole team right from the off without wavering.

Cisse looked good yesterday and the decision to take him off was an unpopular one.

I never read too much into booing though. I've seen it reported in the press that the boos rang out around stadium before when in all probability it's a couple of hundred booing and 51,000 not. The booing becomes the story though.

Guest neesy111

Was it fuck.  It was only sung for a few mins by the leazes corner.  Heard about 1 or 2 sing it from the back of Gallowgate and that was it.

Was it fuck.  It was only sung for a few mins by the leazes corner.  Heard about 1 or 2 sing it from the back of Gallowgate and that was it.

Maybe you were timing it and I wasn't.

Ah well at least you're acknowledging that it was sung.

Guest jimmyc84

He's just speculating:

"It seems to me as if there’s a battle going on between the French and Spanish - speaking players."

One would hope that the players who went through the last relegation, (e.g. Jonas and Colo) would take the lead a bit and focus on team morale especially as it was our team spirit that seemed to get us back up from the Championship..