Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest bimpy474

Is he getting stick for that? Only error was Jonas starting, other than that, I can't fault him one bit.

Should have been Marv for Perch, as well as Obertan for Jonas.

Is he getting stick for that? Only error was Jonas starting, other than that, I can't fault him one bit.

It was an extremely desperate throw of the dice that saw us beat one of the worst teams this league's seen in years.

Have to say some people on here seem to have developed a pathological hatred of Pardew.

The 3 subs he made today swung the game in our favour so I'm stunned to come on here and see some people rubbishing him as a manager. After the first subs on 60 mins there was only one team that was going to win the game.

Considering we've not actually won a game against a team playing with 11 men for almost 2 months we did exactly what we needed to do today. Never looked like conceeding and then went for them in the last 30 minutes. Not brilliant stuff but efficient and effective.

Would I like us to have been sharper in the first hour? Yes. But considering the low base we're coming from today was a step forward and Pardew does deserve some credit for that (in the same way he deserves some criticism for where we are in the league).

Well bollocks like.

I supported him and stuck up for him but now i want him gone. Many reason but the main one is the fucking dreadful long ball footbal we have had to watch this season so far (last few game have been better).

He deserve everything he gets, just because he made good subs today ?. What after fucking up the starting line up, what about the dreadful play, lack of movement, poor crossing and the rest of the shite i just watched.

He is proving a shit long ball merchant manager. I'm judging this over months and not just a few games by the way.

Don't doubt he's made some poor decisions over the last few months and needs to take his fair share of the blame.

You've admitted yourself there though that the football has improved in the last few games. Also we played mainly only the ground for the first hour today and really didn't create anything.

Would love to know who you think would come in and have us playing great football with the team we had out today - let alone put up with the fact that the board have near total control over transfers.

Guest neesy111

It was an extremely desperate throw of the dice that saw us beat one of the worst teams this league's seen in years.

:thup:

So you'd have started Obertan after he's not played for a month and a half?

Guest bimpy474

Have to say some people on here seem to have developed a pathological hatred of Pardew.

The 3 subs he made today swung the game in our favour so I'm stunned to come on here and see some people rubbishing him as a manager. After the first subs on 60 mins there was only one team that was going to win the game.

Considering we've not actually won a game against a team playing with 11 men for almost 2 months we did exactly what we needed to do today. Never looked like conceeding and then went for them in the last 30 minutes. Not brilliant stuff but efficient and effective.

Would I like us to have been sharper in the first hour? Yes. But considering the low base we're coming from today was a step forward and Pardew does deserve some credit for that (in the same way he deserves some criticism for where we are in the league).

Well bollocks like.

I supported him and stuck up for him but now i want him gone. Many reason but the main one is the fucking dreadful long ball footbal we have had to watch this season so far (last few game have been better).

He deserve everything he gets, just because he made good subs today ?. What after fucking up the starting line up, what about the dreadful play, lack of movement, poor crossing and the rest of the shite i just watched.

He is proving a shit long ball merchant manager. I'm judging this over months and not just a few games by the way.

Don't doubt he's made some poor decisions over the last few months and needs to take his fair share of the blame.

You've admitted yourself there though that the football has improved in the last few games. Also we played mainly only the ground for the first hour today and really didn't create anything.

Would love to know who you think would come in and have us playing great football with the team we had out today - let alone put up with the fact that the board have near total control over transfers.

Fair comments mate, Look at West Brom though, no outstanding players yet they play decent football. Pardew doesn't play decent football and wont now i've seen him for as long as i have. Yes the footy has been better lately, mainly for me as we have played 3 in the middle bringing the best out of Anita.

The first what ? 15 games of hoofball and mainly 4-4-2, that was it for me on him. If he looked at our players and thought that was best. Well he is shitter than shit isn't he ?.

I hope he proves me wrong but thats not going to happen. We just scraped past an absolutely dogshit of a side, his starting line up was so poor and to leave Marveaux out was baffling. He's a poor manager and nothing is going to change that, no matter how much i will it.

I'll help you know why i'm so against him......i hate and i mean hate long ball, its the football of a shit, lazy, wankstain of a manager. Long ball, fucking hate it more than Mrs bimpy.

Starting both Perch and Tiote in this game man, fuck sake.

And Anita and Jonas. Four defensive midfielders, only one of whom has any real composure on the ball and can make strong passes forward.

At least Anita is a creative player, someone you can give the ball to and hope he'll make something happen. You could also make the argument that Jonas is a winger and might cause them problems out wide. You'd be wrong, but you'd at least have some sort of leg to stand on.

Perch and Tiote though... they're pure ball winners who don't do anything else. And we started both of them at home to the worst team in the league.

Guest bimpy474

So you'd have started Obertan after he's not played for a month and a half?

Yes, if he's on the bench he could play, give him 60 mins and get it won. Not a fan of Obertan but Jonas has been so poor its untrue. If anything Obertan's pace would be welcome as proved when he did come on.

Guest bimpy474

Goal difference aside we're a win away from the top half. Just shows how tight the league still is.

3rd to 8th is mental in that table.

And Anita and Jonas. Four defensive midfielders, only one of whom has any real composure on the ball and can make strong passes forward.

At least Anita is a creative player, someone you can give the ball to and hope he'll make something happen. You could also make the argument that Jonas is a winger and might cause them problems out wide. You'd be wrong, but you'd at least have some sort of leg to stand on.

Perch and Tiote though... they're pure ball winners who don't do anything else. And we started both of them at home to the worst team in the league.

Anita's 'creative' in the first phase of an attack. It's why a CM triumvirate of Anita, Tiote and Perch is never going to work - because all three of them, if you look at their best attributes, should be the first man to get the ball once it's out of defense. Anita spent the majority of the game a few yards loitering outside the box, and it was just a waste. He wasn't getting the ball at the right time and we suffered as a team because of that. He should have been about 20 yards deeper.

Just another typical display of Pardew getting his players all wrong.

Anita's 'creative' in the first phase of an attack. It's why a CM triumvirate of Anita, Tiote and Perch is never going to work - because all three of them, if you look at their best attributes, should be the first man to get the ball once it's out of defense. Anita spent the majority of the game a few yards loitering outside the box, and it was just a waste. He wasn't getting the ball at the right time and we suffered as a team because of that. He should have been about 20 yards deeper.

If he's going to insist on playing this static 4-4-2/whatever the hell it is, he could at least get it somewhat right:

Ba      Cisse                   

Obertan                      Marveaux

Anita  Tiote

Not once did we look like cutting through them until Marveaux came on.

I think Marveaux's got a bit of Martinsitis on this board. He's being heralded as the missing link simply because he's always out of the team. However, today you're absolutely right - he should definitely be in the team for games like that.

The three CMs were unsuited to each other and were deployed in such a way that there wasn't a scrap of creativity between them. Then you've got Cisse on the wing, which never works. Then you've got Jonas on the other side, who's just utterly hopeless nowadays. It's no surprise whatsoever that we didn't even fashion a shot at goal in the first half.

Painful to watch.

If he's going to insist on playing this static 4-4-2/whatever the hell it is, he could at least get it somewhat right:

Ba      Cisse                   

Obertan                      Marveaux

Anita  Tiote

We could even play Obertan and Marveaux on their natural sides if we really wanted to go fucking wild. :lol:

Some fans on here are so fickle!  A season is a marathon, not a sprint and you make improvements over several seasons.  Look at Moyes at Everton, he's had some shit periods and some great.  Pardew didn't get the backing he needed in the summer window.  We have a paper thin squad playing in UEFA cup.

Positives from today:

- clean sheet (very important)

- QPR didn't create anything

- Marv, Shola and Ober gave us what we needed, fresh legs with energy.

Negatives:

- just read this board, plenty of shit to go around