Alan Pardew

Dave

The only thing more depressing than the football is some of the over-reactions on here. Fair enough he deserves some stick, but things like what BONTEMPI has posted there is ridiculous. It's like a comfortable mid-table finish followed by challenging for a Champions League spell should be ignored because of half a season. It's almost as if some people are in their element when there's something to whine about.

Uh oh!

Guest bimpy474

The only thing more depressing than the football is some of the over-reactions on here. Fair enough he deserves some stick, but things like what BONTEMPI has posted there is ridiculous. It's like a comfortable mid-table finish followed by challenging for a Champions League spell should be ignored because of half a season. It's almost as if some people are in their element when there's something to whine about.

I'm not fucking whining i'm saying as i see it. And after watching us for nearly 30 years and spending a fucking fortune doing so i think i know just a little about it.

As a fan i have a manager serving up the worst football i've seen for years. Yet he thinks i'm thick enough to believe him when he says we are dominating games, playing well and creating chances. He is a fucking joke of a manager. So shove the whiney stuff up your pooper with a rubber mallet :lol:

I know it's retreading old ground but I can't stand his approach to the game of football. It is so much easier to warm to a manager when they are clearly in it for the goals and the excitement and Pardew simply isn't and never will be. There's something to be said for winning ugly, every good team has to do it now and again, but I don't want a manager for whom it is Plan A.

I'm bloody sick of actually wanting us not to score early because the game will inevitably follow a well worn pattern from that point on of simply getting the ball as far from our own goal as possible without any thought of creating another chance or keeping hold of the ball.

I think he tries to approach each game individually, and he is instrinsically negative so generally that involves worrying about and then preparing for what the opposition has to offer. To an extent I think it did work last season, we were able to nullify the opposition's threats in certain games and grind out results - prime example being Stoke away.

Generally though this lack of a proactive mentality is not going to get you anywhere long term. The best teams all have a set style of play that they are all drilled to and play regardless of the opposition. Generally the basis of good teams philosophies is that they want the ball and want to always impose themselves on the opposition, fairly basic fundamental stuff. That's the main reason we look out of place on our league position last year IMO - we're the only side in last year's the top 6 that didn't/doesn't do that as plan A.

Hardly one is it? The proof is in the shite we're seeing right now.  Last season was down to nothing more than many players having purple patches, and not down to the manager being fantastic at what he does.

Guest bimpy474

Can't read that Dave. Mind giving a summary?

Pardew had a fallout with Colo before the game is the gist of it.

What about ?

The style of play would be my bet.

Guest bimpy474

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/it-ends-in-hugs-for-pardew-and-coloccini--but-not-for-harry-8430623.html

Indy has something about it.

After a spat with his captain, Alan Pardew was keen to build bridges, but it was more about burning them for Harry Redknapp and several members of his Queen's Park Rangers squad.

Both men were nothing if not candid in the aftermath of a 1-0 home win for Newcastle United that brought a halt to the visitors' mini-revival and, Newcastle will hope, provide the kick-start their season desperately requires. When a manager is happy to reveal a falling-out with his captain, it often means an irrevocable breakdown in the relationship. Yet the very public display of olive branch-waving between Pardew and Fabricio Coloccini suggested anything but.

Redknapp's damning post-match critique of the over-inflated pay levels of some of his players makes a reconciliation rather more difficult. There is unlikely to be the kind of bear hug enjoyed by the Newcastle duo after the final whistle when it comes to Harry and some of his more well-remunerated individuals, whom he accused of earning money under false pretences, such has been their lack of input so far this season. It's safe to assume Jose Bosingwa won't figure greatly in Redknapp's future plans.

There's rather more bonhomie at Newcastle, where, after their differences, it was a case of friends reunited. "There was a reason for going on the pitch at the end of the game to see Colo," Pardew said, after Shola Ameobi's first Premier League goal for nine months allowed Newcastle to deliver on their rather ill-advised comment that this was a must-win game. "Colo was a bit upset. It was a very little thing – if it was more serious I would say so. It was important I went on to embrace him in that way."

The manager wouldn't go into detail; suffice to say that the differences were the result of six defeats in seven league games before some tentative steps on the road to redemption were taken courtesy of inflicting on Redknapp a first defeat since he took charge at Loftus Road.

"I said to Colo before the game, we're both winners, we're allowed to fall out," added Pardew, after his animated post-match clinch with the South American. "We fell out this week and we're entitled to do that, as the captain and the manager. It was just a silly little thing and I know he was determined to get the result today.

"Before the game, I said to him: 'Be our leader, be a captain and make sure they don't get a sniff of a goal'. When you ask someone to do a job and they do it, it's only right you pay your respects to them. You fall out with players all the time as a manager, because if not you're not doing your job. Sometimes I have to say what I think is right – even your most senior players can disagree with it. I have no problem with that.

"He was never off my Christmas card list because it wasn't me who had the problem. In any walk of life you have to be a man sometimes and admit when you're wrong and also pay your respects when someone does something right and I thought Colo was absolutely brilliant."

It was a fair summation. The visitors hardly had a shot in anger, but for a Djibril Cissé effort early in the second half, in stretching their winless run on Tyneside towards 20 years.

Pardew earned the displeasure of the locals for his second-half substitutions that finally shook Newcastle from their stupor. The derision that met the withdrawal of Papiss Cissé, who took a little persuading to shake his manager's hand, was soon overtaken by a rather more positive reaction when his replacement Ameobi produced a confident, close-range finish to seal a tense contest. Sylvain Marveaux, who teed up the winner for his fellow substitute, twice came close to embellishing the margin of victory, which would not have flattered the hosts, given their dominance of the final 25 minutes.

"At times, it was like the Alamo," Ryan Nelsen, the QPR captain, confessed. "I swear I heard the horns and the cavalry coming." The New Zealander and his centre-back partner Clint Hill were exempted from Redknapp's withering post-match criticism, but not Bosingwa, the Portuguese midfielder, who has been fined two weeks' wages – £130,000 – for refusing to sit on the bench last week. "That's not a bad amount to earn for two weeks' work, is it?" Redknapp said. "There are players here earning more than anyone was when I was at Tottenham. There are a lot of players earning far too much money for their ability and for what they give to the club."

A five-point gap to safety is by no means insurmountable, especially with gritty characters like Nelsen in the camp, but Redknapp may have trouble moving on some of his unwanted high earners to create room for manoeuvre in January.

Nelsen added: "St James' Park is one of my favourite places, especially with the rain lashing down, the wind biting and the passionate crowd. That's what English football is all about. Maybe I'm just old and sentimental."

I know it's retreading old ground but I can't stand his approach to the game of football. It is so much easier to warm to a manager when they are clearly in it for the goals and the excitement and Pardew simply isn't and never will be. There's something to be said for winning ugly, every good team has to do it now and again, but I don't want a manager for whom it is Plan A.

I'm bloody sick of actually wanting us not to score early because the game will inevitably follow a well worn pattern from that point on of simply getting the ball as far from our own goal as possible without any thought of creating another chance or keeping hold of the ball.

I think he tries to approach each game individually, and he is instrinsically negative so generally that involves worrying about and then preparing for what the opposition has to offer. To an extent I think it did work last season, we were able to nullify the opposition's threats in certain games and grind out results - prime example being Stoke away.

Generally though this lack of a proactive mentality is not going to get you anywhere long term. The best teams all have a set style of play that they are all drilled to and play regardless of the opposition. Generally the basis of good teams philosophies is that they want the ball and want to always impose themselves on the opposition, fairly basic fundamental stuff. That's the main reason we look out of place on our league position last year IMO - we're the only side in last year's the top 6 that didn't/doesn't do that as plan A.

Aye, and it is no surprise whatsoever that we've been so affected by injuries even though we haven't really. When your entire approach is to kill the game completely and hope that two or three players of outstanding quality in the final third will conjure some "magic" from, at most, one or two chances, to nick a win, it stands to reason that only a couple of them being out will completely extinguish any hope of actually winning (or ever drawing, because if we concede, that's generally curtains) the majority of games.

In that sense, he's right to say that injuries have hit us really hard but that's due to his one-dimensional tactics more than it is an injury crisis. The team should be able to put in competent attacking performances with the players available by playing a game that doesn't depend on magic. If you build a one man team and that man gets injured and your team collapses, that's your fault, not bad luck.

Nelsen added: "St James' Park is one of my favourite places, especially with the rain lashing down, the wind biting and the passionate crowd. That's what English football is all about. Maybe I'm just old and sentimental."

Sweet as bro.

Guest bimpy474

"He was never off my Christmas card list because it wasn't me who had the problem. In any walk of life you have to be a man sometimes and admit when you're wrong and also pay your respects when someone does something right and I thought Colo was absolutely brilliant."

Is he blaming Colo or am i understanding that wrong.

Sweet as bro.

Was just going to post that exact quote. Good lad Ryan.

Not sure why Nelson was getting stick yesterday. He's a fine defender, and would stroll into our side.

Who was giving him stick? He played well but he is limited and unfortunately we predominately played too his strengths as we didn't turn him, a good pro and what seems like a very good fella.

Guest bimpy474

Not sure why Nelson was getting stick yesterday. He's a fine defender, and would stroll into our side.

Aye, man of the match and ten times better than Williamson,

He is.

Why are we even hearing about this? Nobody knew anything about it until he swaggered onto the pitch and made himself the centre of attention.

He is.

Why are we even hearing about this? Nobody knew anything about it until he swaggered onto the pitch and made himself the centre of attention.

Was probably asked about it. :pow:

Guest bimpy474

He is.

Think that explains why we are hearing about it.

Who was giving him stick?

Just a couple on here were talking like it's accepted he's a mediocre or poor defender.