Alan Pardew

Dave

"Well basically Colo wanted us to play the ball on the floor more but I don't want to talk about it. i prefer a more direct approach and he doesn't agree, but its best kept in the dressing room. This sort of thing happens all the time - he kicked me in the balls, but that's allowed between captain and manager. I don't really think this is for the public domain though."

"That's great Alan, but I asked you about why you took Cisse off..."

:lol:

I honestly don't think it's at all easy to gauge the scale of such disagreements till it translates onto the pitch. Pardew's behavious seems very odd but it'd be easy to run away with silly conspiracy theories, I don't see much point in pulling it apart.

Guest bimpy474

Sounds like a massive disagreement so far......

Complaining about playing long ball is nothing.

Means a lot to me, Long ball is what i hate most, along with diving in football. Hope the players have had a right go.

I'm now at the point where I find most of the shit he comes out with pretty amusing tbh. We all know he's here for the long term so I don't really think it makes much difference what he says either way.

We just need to hope that the board backs him/Carr in the transfer market (pfft) and that he stumbles upon the right formula again sometime soon.

Guest bimpy474

Sounds like nothing, to be honest. Especially if this doesn't go beyond the confines of a interview with Demba Ba ffs. :lol:

Cabaye was on at the same time as Ba, both criticising the tactics.

Good, i hope Pardew gets the message. Then again if his ability as a manager is as limited as i think now, it wont matter, as he wont be able to change anyway.

Means a lot to me, Long ball is what i hate most, along with diving in football. Hope the players have had a right go.

long ball is ok in moderation, it's the way we been going on about it, counting out the last handful of games, it's just been launch after launch like 90 percent of long balls its only so much the players and the fans can take when there's no rewards whatsoever from it, and the fact it's taken Pardew this long to make changes is alarming to say the least.

I'm now at the point where I find most of the s*** he comes out with pretty amusing tbh. We all know he's here for the long term so I don't really think it makes much difference what he says either way.

We just need to hope that the board backs him/Carr in the transfer market (pfft) and that he stumbles upon the right formula again sometime soon.

Proof right there that no matter what he does, he'll always get stick. Not "finds" the right formula, but "stumbles upon".

I'm now at the point where I find most of the shit he comes out with pretty amusing tbh. We all know he's here for the long term so I don't really think it makes much difference what he says either way.

I don't find it amusing when he makes comments that imply that he's not seeing what everyone else is seeing.  Those Jonas quotes were seriously alarming.

I'm now at the point where I find most of the s*** he comes out with pretty amusing tbh. We all know he's here for the long term so I don't really think it makes much difference what he says either way.

Proof right there that no matter what he does, he'll always get stick. Not "finds" the right formula, but "stumbles upon".

Presumably in that case he stumbled away from what won us six games in a row last season. :lol:

I think "stumbles upon" is a fair summary tbh, since he's been actively playing against the team's strengths for much of the season.

Stop acting like people won't give him credit where it's due, we're all willing him to play the right side and to do well.

He's got us knee deep in a relegation battle man, you needn't trip over yourself to try and defend him.

The irony is that he did "find" a winning formula last season, and now we're nearly in 2013 and he hasn't tried it once this season. :lol:

Guest bimpy474

long ball is ok in moderation, it's the way we been going on about it, counting out the last handful of games, it's just been launch after launch like 90 percent of long balls its only so much the players and the fans can take when there's no rewards whatsoever from it, and the fact it's taken Pardew this long to make changes is alarming to say the least.

Agree like, my worry has always been that if he sees this squad as a squad that would be suited to long ball, then we really should be worried, he must be mental to even think it, let alone use it as our one and only tactic.

Sounds like nothing, to be honest. Especially if this doesn't go beyond the confines of a interview with Demba Ba ffs. :lol:

Cabaye was on at the same time as Ba, both criticising the tactics.

Still sounding like nothing.

1 line from Dave proves that Pardew will always get stick?

If he "stumbles upon" a formula that works and then keeps the momentum going he'll get the credit he deserves. No doubt about that at all. At the minute though he's showing that he takes far too long to adjust to new formulas/styles of play.