Alan Pardew

Dave

I don't think people are grasping the difference between outright negativity and not believing in the manager and positive criticism of how we can improve.

There's nothing wrong with criticising the manager no matter how well he does there's always room for improvement.

Because someone criticises the manager doesn't mean we think he isnt good enough etc etc everyone want's the best for us and see's what we need to improve some positive criticism doesn't hurt anyone.

For example, yes we finished 5th last season but i for one would like to see a better standard of football, better set pieces and actually play well for more than 45 minutes.

Doesn't mean i'm not backing the manager or want him out just that i see what we need to improve and would like to see the manager implement it.

None the less i'm confident in the long term we will see all those things come to pass.

Or the precision through balls for potent strikers.  That's the perspective of an optimist. The alternative is to be an insufferable whinger

:lol: Wherever he is right now, Tim Krul just smiled.

Cabaye agreed to join us as he'd been told the team would be build around his passing game. Still to this day the ball goes over his head more than it goes to his feet :lol:

It´s not only this case. But I think, me included, to easy to put your own sympathies before common sense. I mean, if your standpoint is to hate Llambias, then everything he says is wrong basically.

It´s not only this case. But I think, me included, to easy to put your own sympathies before common sense. I mean, if your standpoint is to hate Llambias, then everything he says is wrong basically.

Not really. I have been very critical in the past, certainly more so than most; doesn't mean I can't judge these new comments (and his/their recent actions) on their own merits..

Not really. I have been very critical in the past, certainly more so than most; doesn't mean I can't judge these new comments (and his/their recent actions) on their own merits..

wasn´t directed to you or only this situation. But good on you if you really can do that. Because I know many that can´t.

Not bothered about the 8 year deal because there will be enough clauses in there to protect the club. 

Haven't fully bought into Pardew either - kind of neutral on him really.  I still think he has a lot to prove.  He says a lot but it often doesn't translate to what we see on the pitch.  I think we have some exceptional players but we are still not getting the best out of them as a team - it always seems to be a case of just doing enough.  I think we have the potential to play loads better than we do (barring the occasional game) and I find it frustrating that the team has not really evolved in its style of play. 

It also seems to me as if he is also trying to "manage" the fans - telling us what we should think and do - I find him quite patronising at times.  And he should stop telling everyone he was manager of the year.  That's been and gone.

As for Llambias, I think he is a repulsive man and I don't believe a word he says and the story changes depending on what propaganda they are trying to promote at any given time.  They have been at the club for 5 years now and they made a fair contribution themselves to the financial mess of the club due to their own incompetence.  It's about time, he stopped looking backwards to blame what went on before them.  I don't have a problem with the financial policy although when other clubs refuse to adopt a similar model and Man Utd, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea are raking in fortunes, I don't really see how we can regularly compete for a Champions League place - the best we can hope for is trying to hang in there in the hope that one of the top 4 messes up like Chelsea last season.

Sorry but I cannot help but remain hugely suspicious of anything Llambias says and the motives for saying them.  I still see a mean-spirited and spiteful board that would prefer to keep the supporters at a distance rather than embrace them.  However, I truly hope to be proved wrong and that they do genuinely have the best intentions for the football club itself and all its employees (whether players, coaches or admin staff) rather than using it as a vehicle primarily to promote Sports Direct.

Fantastic post.

Seconded.

I don't think Pardew deserves the scepticism tbh. The guy has commited himself for the next decade almost, to try and bring us a trophy.

At the end of the day he works within the parameters laid down by his bosses, the way we all do. He has been exceptional with what he has had at his disposal and I hope this new deal ensures we kick on from here...

Agree with that. I still have real reservations towards our board and their true motives, but given what Pardew has had at his disposal and where we were a short while back, getting us 5th and on the verge of Champions League was quite utterly remarkable, people need to take stock and remember this. When results go bad the buck stops with the manager and his staff, so the same can be said for the contrary.

We would all love to be playing beautiful football every week, but that does not guarantee 3 points. We could be more expansive and open and could suffer as a result.

thoughts?

Another crap set up and tactics.

It's 0-0 at half time.

Yeah. But it´s like this time after time when we have so much more in us. We should be bossing Reading. Instead we should be happy if we draw.

Fergy has to come in and we need to be more positive.

What is the problem? Does he not trust the players to pass the ball?

Hoofing is getting ridiculous

Pard8 likes percentage football and getting it early into dangerous areas (somewhere near the front two). Players hold their positions too much (apart from hatem). So there is no mobility or movement in posession just normally a lazy punt at two big black blokes (one of whom is a world class finisher at the moment). Think some of the players have to take the blame as well...Thee is too much sideways and backpassing from the midfield and players like Guti piss about on the ball too much.

He needs to decide what kind of team he wants us to be. More often that not he talks a good game and talks about possession football an often lot but I'm yet to see any real evidence of it being put into practice apart from those few times last season when we played the 4-3-3.

Also I feel he's trying to accommodate players into formations to keep egos happy instead of doing what's best for the team. Needs to be a lot tougher at times I feel.

Guest Dontooner

Pardew's quality of attacking and possession football is so dependent on his fare players. I said this last year and will say it again this year, hoof and cross football.

He does a good job at organizing the defense which i give him credit for , but shaping the team to attack is really something he doesnt excel in. The only difference last Mid Season was Ben Arfa was allowed to play and adapt. Still most teams pass us off the park.

8 years? he better start taking notes.