Alan Pardew

Dave

Winning is good enough for now, no matter how badly we play. For that, monumental hats off.

For now? Last time we played well and won for more than a game was nearly twelve full months ago, an it only lasted six or so games.

If this season's capitulation from last season's dizzy heights proves anything, anything at all, it's that eventually results follow performances.

We're safe from relegation this season and I'm thankful, but I see no reason to think next season will be markedly different from this season if we can't start to demonstrate improved performances. I see a better squad, and better players, but very similar performances so far.

The above is nothing even close to to the straw man you've attacked here:

We need a new manager so we can smash every team 5-0. Anything less and ill be disappointed.

<Sarcasm/>

Subs won the game. Just didn't seem like we were set up to win from the off. In isolation its a good result and performance but taken within the context of the season it's another worrying demonstration of his philosophy.

I'd definately love a new manager who'd set us up better, but still think people are overreacting to struggling to score against a well organised defence that just put loads of players in the box. We got our service all wrong sure, we were always going to score either from a direct free kick or through clever creative play through middle, way too many bad crosses, but think they were well covered for dealing with them anyway. We didn't play great but it wasn't an abortion of a performance like I've seen repeatedly from us earlier in the season.

Pardew yeah, would love him to go and replaced with someone better, sick of how poorly our team move under him especially. He's not going though, and he deserves some credit for making the right subs. He's often been a liability with subs, making overly defensive ones, but seems to have changed his ways a bit.

Guest icemanblue

Having a good ol' chuckle at the posts made around 4.27, like. :lol: So delightfully smug.

In my opinion, we haven't had a 'bad' performance since we won away at Villa. We look a team again and we're winning games. That's us now nine points clear of 18th, and looking up.

That team today was missing our captain, Krul and Ben Arfa. We dominated the game, but struggled to break down a woeful but well organised Stoke team. Surprisingly enough, without our most creative player and chief attacking threat. We went behind to a pen from an idiotic tackle, not anything from open play. I don't remember Elliot being particularly busy in regards to shot stopping. We turned the game around by introducing a more creative player, and a left back with an instruction to attack. We were able to do this by leaving on a player happy to sit and cover in Jonas.

He's doing alright, for me, like.

Having a good ol' chuckle at the posts made around 4.27, like. :lol: So delightfully smug.

In my opinion, we haven't had a 'bad' performance since we won away at Villa. We look a team again and we're winning games. That's us now nine points clear of 18th, and looking up.

That team today was missing our captain, Krul and Ben Arfa. We dominated the game, but struggled to break down a woeful but well organised Stoke team. Surprisingly enough, without our most creative player and chief attacking threat. We went behind to a pen from an idiotic tackle, not anything from open play. I don't remember Elliot being particularly busy in regards to shot stopping. We turned the game around by introducing a more creative player, and a left back with an instruction to attack. We were able to do this by leaving on a player happy to sit and cover in Jonas.

I still want someone better but agree with this about this performance, don't quite see how it was as bad as most people seem to have seen

I still want someone better but agree with this about this performance, don't quite see how it was as bad as most people seem to have seen

Agree with both posts

Guest bimpy474

Not reading the previous pages but i am presuming the usual suspects are saying he was shite again?

I wasn't and haven't for a little while now.  :smug:

Think people are just losing patience with the same turgid football every week.  It's been better since January, but it's still almost utterly tedious stuff.  Seems to me like that patch we had last season where we were playing football that was easy on the eye was the exception, rather than what we're working towards.  That was 5 or 6 games out of over 100.

:thup: as for comments during the game i learnt my lesson with those and don't comment till after games now :lol:

Guest icemanblue

Think people are just losing patience with the same turgid football every week.  It's been better since January, but it's still almost utterly tedious stuff.  Seems to me like that patch we had last season where we were playing football that was easy on the eye was the exception, rather than what we're working towards.  That was 5 or 6 games out of over 100.

Give over, man! What 'turgid' football, like? The turgid football when we came from behind to beat Chelsea? When we matched Spurs and Swansea (purists' favourites, innit) away from home. When we scored four goals at home against Southampton? Honestly, what do you want? :lol:

Turgid football? FFS did you think we were playing in red and white? In the final third we were poor, but we were attacking, passing it well, we weren;t fucking barcalona or anything but we weren't turgid like the first half of the season, we were the better team and should have translated that into goals, but didn't cos our attacking players were having a bad day largely. Turgid is hoofing it and kicking the other team and being scared of the ball, none of which we did ffs

We were shit in terms of our performances since the transfer window. We weren't shit compared to the majority of the season, for one thing we didn't conceed from open play, nor looked like doing particularly. We had 58% Possession, we had a period when we had corner after corner after corner. It was pathetic we couldn't make anything of it but there's shit and then there's shit

Give over, man! What 'turgid' football, like? The turgid football when we came from behind to beat Chelsea? When we matched Spurs and Swansea (purists' favourites, innit) away from home. When we scored four goals at home against Southampton? Honestly, what do you want? :lol:

The football's generally very poor IMO, it's a chore watching it.