Alan Pardew

Dave

----------------------------------------Cisse--------------------------------------

------------------------Carroll----------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------Ben Arfa---------------------

---------------------------Sissoko------------------------------------------------

Santon------------------------------Cabaye----------------------------Debuchy

-------------------Perch-------------Taylor------------Mbiwa-------------------

----------------------------------------Krul---------------------------------------

For me whether its Gouffran, Marvaux or Ben Arfa playing left or right of a '3', they spend to much time ending up in the left-bacl/right-bck positions tracking the full-backs, and leaving Cisse isolated. Cisse also could do with some help physically.

Part of the worry if Pardew does get Carroll or another striker, is he will go back to 4-4-2. Yes another striker complimenting Cisse solves one problem, but then Ben Arfa/Marvaux/Gourffran are stuck on the wing and that problem would only worsen.

Personally I'd buy Carroll back and play the above meaning Cisse does get more help upfront and Ben Arfa also gets to play without having to track full-backs defensively, doing more work higher up the pitch. Cabaye can dictate the passing with Sissoko getting up and down the pitch - dropping back to help out physically when nedeed. There would be good width to get crosses in, Debuchy & Santon have the staminia for wing-back, and Haidara could also play left wing-back (possibily left centre-back too). Those centre-backs are good enough on the ball to push forward and be part of the passing, and the players' individual abilities are maximised more in that set-up imo. Anita could play centre-mid or right-wing back, Marvaux in Be Arfa's position or the 2nd striker, and Gouffran possiblily any of the front 3 positions. Obvioulsy we do need to buy a couple of centre-backs, with this assumin Coloccini will go in the summer.

Like him as a bloke, should be proud of what he achieved last season (and this season in the Europa to an extent) but would really like to him guide us to survival and then leave in the summer. It's clear we have a very good set of players here that should be doing much better regardless of how many competitions we're in, but we've been tactically deficient for much of the season and the lack of positivity shown today was just infuriating. Would ideally like someone of the Laudrup ilk but won't hold my breath.

We are sleepwalking head first back into the relegation mire with this idiot. He is continually sucking the life out of watching NUFC play football and our attitude to football matches is a disgrace.

We don't defend well, we don't press well off the ball, we don't keep the ball when we get it, our movement is atrocious, we can't keep shape, we can't defend set pieces, we can't score from set pieces, we are still abysmal on the transitions and we struggle to create chances. There is no factor of the sport where you could truly say we are well coached or effective in.

Sissoko, Gouffran and Debuchy's arrivals perked our form up for a brief spell but like many mockingly predicted they have slowly been dragged down to the same static, dire, prosaic football the rest of the squad play.

Every time a home game comes round at the moment the pressure is piled massively on it, such is our complete incompetance away from home. Even the shite teams can nick the odd fucking result. Now we're going into the Fulham game needing nothing less than a victory.

The problem is he isn't a charletan he actually believes the way we set up and play football is the way forward. He is stubborn as a mule too and won't change until the players show they can play effectively against his gameplan and we finally win big, then suddenly like finally playing marveaux and Ben Arfa he will have his hand forced and naturally assume credit.

Giving time and waiting for the side to gel and adapt to his tactics seems to be cornerstone or the entire tenure of his reign. We are yet to look like we have a clue moving forward as a team consistently. That's not the players fault IMO, the coaching staff is failing them and us. We look the weaker more clueless team against 90% of our opposition bailed out by goals out of nothing or against the run of play.

We have negative goals and we get negative performances. I wish we had coaching staff that could instill belief into players and at least had the confidence in then to let them play the football they are obviously capable of.

As long as Pardew has the players support he will keep his job.

Like him as a bloke, should be proud of what he achieved last season (and this season in the Europa to an extent) but would really like to him guide us to survival and then leave in the summer. It's clear we have a very good set of players here that should be doing much better regardless of how many competitions we're in, but we've been tactically deficient for much of the season and the lack of positivity shown today was just infuriating. Would ideally like someone of the Laudrup ilk but won't hold my breath.

Pretty much where I stand on this. I quite like him as a character and he's shown far more passion than previous managers, but tactically I don't think he's got it in him.

Solidify our PL status for next year and hopefully we replace him as shrewdly as we do our transfer business. Our coaching staff is the only thing holding this club back as far as I'm concerned now.  I'm really done with this man and his staff, all likeable blokes but are letting us down massively in the results department. Which is the only thing that counts.

So if he's a fraud and a charlatan. What accounts for last season?

Last season means nowt at this point.

edit - except to show how much we have gone backwards.

I'm aware of that. But did he just forget any of his management ability overnight?

So if he's a fraud and a charlatan. What accounts for last season?

Last season means nowt at this point.

edit - except to show how much we have gone backwards.

I'm aware of that. But did he just forget any of his management ability overnight?

You've watched us this season. What do you think?

A handful of games aside, last season we didn't play well and ground out wins with poor performances. This season we've played poorly and generally other sides have capitalised. Injuries are a small excuse (we had relatively few last season) but last season we started like a train and just kept going, the new players brought confidence and we gave ourselves a good platform. By contrast, this season we didn't really freshen up the squad in the summer and got ourselves in a tizz about playing Europa league. No momentum whatsoever and a lack of creativity made us very easy to stifle and we lost our way.

Last year was the luckiest year I've seen us play in for years. We had the rub of the green loads of times and injuries were no way as bad for us as they are normally.  We had a great season despite Pardew, probably a few on here could have had us finish as high as we did. 

The guys a fraud and has been found out, he has been backed by the board but our play is easily one of the worst in the league to watch. It's so sad to see good layers being dragged down to the levels of Pardew style.

He has to go at the end of the season for me like, it's miserable watching us and he'll drag us down.

Do his supporters still think he's trying to advance us to a better standard of football, or is getting back to the effective football we played for much of last year the ultimate aim?  I don't hear people saying he'll get us playing good stuff much anymore, that's all.  Seems to be that we got good results one season and can do so again.

Do his supporters still think he's trying to advance us to a better standard of football, or is getting back to the effective football we played for much of last year the ultimate aim?  I don't hear people saying he'll get us playing good stuff much anymore, that's all.  Seems to be that we got good results one season and can do so again.

I think how we played at the arse end of last season is the template.

The effective football last season only worked because Ba was finding the net with virtually everything in the first half of the season and then Cisse did the same in the 2nd and you can't expect that to be repeated over a season.

I think how we played at the arse end of last season is the template.

That template was binned before a ball was kicked this season and we'll be lucky to score as many again from so few chances created.

I have never been a huge pardew supporter but I have to admit I am puzzled why his brand of football is so negative when reading, charlton and west ham all played pretty attacking free flowing football. I thought at some stage he might make the effort especially after the early usual manager crack about giving the fans the football they want to see. Seems ever since he blamed injuries in his first year for not yet gelling and why we had to play how we did. If anything now we have better players but play worse. Hughton gave the team passion and belief and we had started playing nice football. That brief time however is long gone.

The effective football last season only worked because Ba was finding the net with virtually everything in the first half of the season and then Cisse did the same in the 2nd and you can't expect that to be repeated over a season.

Exactly. I just don't see how anyone can disagree with this.

Fwiw, I wouldn't officially class myself as a 'Pardew supporter' and - although I'd prefer it that we stuck, I'm not gonna sit here and say I'd be devastated if he went in the summer. I'm just a supporter of the notion of stability. I'm nowhere near convinced he has the ability to get the full potential out of this squad - I just think there's something to sticking with a manager.

It's not like Souness, Roeder, Kinnear or Allardyce, who were basically shite from the beginning - in my opinion Pardew has performed admirably as a manager for an extended period of time (though I concede there's discrepancies over that opinion, which appears to be the sticking point here). In addition to what was, imo, a brilliant job last season, I think it's worth pointing out that his opening spell has been forgotten about in this debate. It was pretty solid to be fair, especially considering the Carroll debacle. It was only an aberration against WBA that prevented us from actually finishing in the top half.

I'm just sick of seeing us constantly chopping and changing, and I don't have faith in the board to upgrade on him. He's shown good and bad in equal measure imo, and should get till Christmas.

Just repeating myself now. :cheesy: