Alan Pardew

Dave

FWIW there's no way I'd chop in Pardew for Di Canio.

The press are carrying stories today about Gazza maybe getting a chance to have a role at the club at youth development level at some point. No joking, if we get Pardew out today, I'd happily give Gazza the managers role. He honestly, honestly couldn't do any worse than this clown we seem to be stuck with.

:lol: :lol: :) :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/mar/20/fulham-martin-jol-contract

If we tried to nab Jol then would we only have to pay a year's worth of his wages to Fulham?  Not that we'd do it like. :lol:

Didn't Jol reject the job in the past or did i imagine that?

I think he left Ajax right when we sacked CH so it was assumed we were after him but of course that was never the plan.

I think he came out and said that he wouldn't come here because Hughton was his friend too, although I may have made that up.

It's irrelevant now anyway, he would come here in a flash if he was assured a decent transfer kitty.

The press are carrying stories today about Gazza maybe getting a chance to have a role at the club at youth development level at some point. No joking, if we get Pardew out today, I'd happily give Gazza the managers role. He honestly, honestly couldn't do any worse than this clown we seem to be stuck with.

:buck2:

There is precisely zero chance of Alan Pardew not being our manager at the start of next season. So discussing potential replacements is a waste of time.

Honestly this is how I feel.

At the start of the season, so you acknowlegde there is a chance of him being binned IF we have a bad start to season...So there for its logical for people to discuss a future manager.  Some people think he should be binned now, binned in the summer or given ten games or so...but it seems the majority would like to move him on and go for a manager that has a better outlook on football then just "stodging" a game out and hoping for a piece of majic from certain players.

With risk of sounding like a Mackem (:yao:). If we were to move him on now we should go shit or bust for David Moyes. We'd offer him a much longer shoe string than Everton. And they can't be paying him that much?

Very wrong, he's the highest paid person at the club.

With risk of sounding like a Mackem (:yao:). If we were to move him on now we should go s*** or bust for David Moyes. We'd offer him a much longer shoe string than Everton. And they can't be paying him that much?

Very wrong, he's the highest paid person at the club.

That doesn't mean it's a lot though.

Has the Fulham game to redeem himself for me, It was quite clear he threw the Man city Game because of other winnable games to come, nothing short of an outright going over of Fulham will do, and no excuses.

With risk of sounding like a Mackem (:yao:). If we were to move him on now we should go s*** or bust for David Moyes. We'd offer him a much longer shoe string than Everton. And they can't be paying him that much?

It's never going to happen. Ever.

£4m per year is far more than we'd pay.

Is that what Moyes is on? Wow, never realised that.

Aye, Neil was talking to me about it all. Moyes is paid highest at (might have this figure incredibly wrong) £80kp/w.

Edit: seems in line with Dave's figure so is definitely correct.

:lol:

It's never going to happen. Ever.

Aw hell no. But I'm at work and I'm bored :lol:

It's all pie in the sky, Ashley won't move his man on just yet. Without a serious misstep.

£4m per year is far more than we'd pay.

Is that what Moyes is on? Wow, never realised that.

Aye, Neil was talking to me about it all. Moyes is paid highest at (might have this figure incredibly wrong) £80kp/w.

Edit: seems in line with Dave's figure so is definitely correct.

That's unreal. Why does he look so fucking miserable all of time?

Hobshobs: 'The press are carrying stories today about Gazza maybe getting a chance to have a role at the club at youth development level at some point. No joking, if we get Pardew out today, I'd happily give Gazza the managers role. He honestly, honestly couldn't do any worse than this clown we seem to be stuck with'

Gazza: 'Just put the glass down and stop drinking terps mate, you are clearly in need of more help than I've ever needed, your insides must be shot to shit'

Hobshobs: 'The press are carrying stories today about Gazza maybe getting a chance to have a role at the club at youth development level at some point. No joking, if we get Pardew out today, I'd happily give Gazza the managers role. He honestly, honestly couldn't do any worse than this clown we seem to be stuck with'

Gazza: 'Just put the glass down and stop drinking terps mate, you are clearly in need of more help than I've ever needed, your insides must be shot to shit'

:spit:

It's not. At all. But, I don't think you'll find many who'd disagree.

It is what it is, and today hasn't changed that. My position is well known, but he still gets next year for me. One season of supposed massive over performance, one of massive under performance. I'd like to see what the mean is before a decision is made.

His CV suggests that last season wasn't the norm, why should we go through another season like this one to find out what we already know?

I don't care about his CV, mate. I'll make my own judgement.

I find that pretty staggering to be honest.

Again with the dragging up posts. :lol:

It may be surprising, but, 'staggering'? Is every manager doomed to repeat their previous failings for eternity? As I said in a later post, it's not as if I'm blindly ignoring it, I'd just rather see what happens here, before making my own judgements.

You're remarkably sensitive aren't you? I'm just reading through the thread and commenting on stuff i find interesting. I do find it staggering that you'd just ignore history, those that do are bound to fail. I also think 2 years should be long enough to make a judgement on a manager.