Alan Pardew

Dave

Pards really needs to think about dropping Cisse or Ba the next game, give ben arfa the number 10 role and I think we'd be away.

Anita overlapping Jonas down the right and Fergie straight down the left. Think he's a bit hmm as a left back

Krul

Anita    Taylor    Colo    Santon

Tiote

Jonas        Cabaye      Ferguson

Ben Arfa

Ba\Cisse

Pards really needs to think about dropping Cisse or Ba the next game, give ben arfa the number 10 role and I think we'd be away.

Anita overlapping Jonas down the right and Fergie straight down the left. Think he's a bit hmm as a left back

Krul

Anita    Taylor    Colo    Santon

Tiote

Jonas        Cabaye      Ferguson

Ben Arfa

Ba\Cisse

Does not really solve anything though that, we would still struggle in the middle with just Cabaye and Tiote if Pardew want's to give Ba and Cisse as a 2 a go then i'd go with this when everyone is fit.

Krul

Santon Saylor Coloccini Ferguson

Cabaye Tiote Jonas

Ben Arfa

Cisse Ba

Important thing is having 3 in the middle to me, we need control once we have chances will be created and goals will be scored with the individual ability we have.

As for the fullbacks you could argue we would be weak defensively but if we have more control then teams won't be able to get at them because they will be being pushed back and trying to win the ball back and not in the position to effect us. Also you would expect the midfielders to cover for them by either dropping deep or taking the space the fullbacks leave.

These are the ideals we was using when we used 4-3-3 in that winning run and it worked a treat and unlike then we have two fullbacks who can bring the ball forward and be a threat going forward.

Doubt it will happen but if Pardew wants to use 2 strikers then that is what i would do.

Gonna be a real pity for him if he persists with this 4-4-2 rubbish and we struggle this year. The fans will start to get on his back and, to be quite honest, I'll find it hard to have much sympathy for him.

He found a system last year that had us producing fluid, entertaining football and winning games while doing it. This year he's dumped it in favour of playing a narrow, defensive, long ball system and we've been brutal to watch as a result and quite frankly are lucky to have as many points as we do this year. He continues to talk a good game but the fans aren't stupid and his words are going to carry less and less weight each week while the performances continue to be as bad as they've been.

Needs to sort his shit out, to be quite frank. Another shit performance and a loss against the Mackems and there'll be the first real murmurs of discontent amongst the fan base. That'll be a bit harsh on him given how well he did last year, but as I said any fucking idiot can see how shit his tactics have been this year and as long as he persists with them it'll be hard to have much sympathy for him.

Gonna be a real pity for him if he persists with this 4-4-2 rubbish and we struggle this year. The fans will start to get on his back and, to be quite honest, I'll find it hard to have much sympathy for him.

He found a system last year that had us producing fluid, entertaining football and winning games while doing it. This year he's dumped it in favour of playing a narrow, defensive, long ball system and we've been brutal to watch as a result and quite frankly are lucky to have as many points as we do this year. He continues to talk a good game but the fans aren't stupid and his words are going to carry less and less weight each week while the performances continue to be as bad as they've been.

Needs to sort his s*** out, to be quite frank. Another s*** performance and a loss against the Mackems and there'll be the first real murmurs of discontent amongst the fan base. That'll be a bit harsh on him given how well he did last year, but as I said any f***ing idiot can see how s*** his tactics have been this year and as long as he persists with them it'll be hard to have much sympathy for him.

Top post yet again Shak :thup:

Needs to sort his s*** out, to be quite frank. Another s*** performance and a loss against the Mackems and there'll be the first real murmurs of discontent amongst the fan base. That'll be a bit harsh on him given how well he did last year, but as I said any f***ing idiot can see how s*** his tactics have been this year and as long as he persists with them it'll be hard to have much sympathy for him.

I said I wouldn't post again on the site and as a general rule, I won't.

However, this posting from Shak deserves comment, because it sums up exactly what is happening at the club now.

It is hard not to have some sympathy for Pardew because in many people's opinion, including mine, he has been sold a bum steer by Ashley and Llambias during the close season; we badly needed defensive reinforcements and they failed to deliver - end of. That has bitten us on the ar-e several times this season, but especially on Sunday, where the game was effectively over after 15 mins.

The big BUT is that Pardew is beginning to look as if he is hostage to his own tactics as well as the lack of depth in the squad. As Shak says, if we lose to the Mackems in the Derby, the discontent which has been festering below the surface with many fans(about lack of reinforcements as well as the dire football being played)will start to show itself.

You can't ignore the fact that Pardew has shown a similar track record at other clubs - early success and then a tail-off in performances and results as well as controversy about some of his selections(or lack of them at West Ham)...lets be honest, if that hadn't happened Pardew would not be at NUFC.

As some have said, he talks a good game and nobody can argue with what he got the team to achieve LAST season...but it was LAST season - in football, you are only as good as your results now as a manager.

Fans won't accept his platitudes forever though, even though they know he has a tough job with the board - they want entertainment, but failing that, a winning side - he delivered the latter last season, but the fans know the team looks a shadow of what it was then - even with Colo and Taylor in it, although we missed those 2 badly on Sunday. Williamson is NOT a PL defender and Perch is better in M/F.

The side looked over-awed by Man U and they made us look like a Non-League team until they got a comfortable lead...fans can forgive defeat if the team gives as good as it gets, but not if they act like awestruck statues, as when Evans and Evra got 2 goals from corners.

Everyone can speculate on what is wrong - but clearly, something is...Tiote was lucky not to be sent off in the early minutes and Cabaye is, in my opinion, disillusioned about the events surrounding Debuchy and lack of reinforcements.

He may not be the only one either. As for the forwards, you have to wonder what is going on...only HBA looks as if he really wants to do the business and he is not getting much support by others running into space for a pass.

The game at the SOS has now assumed even more importance than usual - and the performance of the team will matter almost as much as the result - Pardew is lucky that Ashley has given him an 8 year contract ; he will need it if things don't pick up soon and you have to wonder why Ashley did this when he clearly doesn't like parting with money unless it suits him.

Time will tell......

Poetry. Spot on, Shak. I've had a few mates down here throw the cliche 'deluded' tag because I've effectively said along the same lines, just not as eloquently. We're better than what he's allowing us. The murmurs last season of 'we've done this well in spite of him' was ridiculous. Sadly, so far this season, it's rung true.

I don't have much to say about the majority of your post, merlin. No argument. But the eight year contract means nothing to me. It's just to for the PR side of things, surely? I can't imagine Ashley would leave himself open to getting screwed if he wants to cut this eight year contract early. He's impulsive, an asshole at times, but he's not stupid.

I have lost all the confidence in Pardew. It´s not only because the season have started poorly point wise, but most because be play worse and worse football. We don´t have a plan and is only trying to play to stop the other team.

If we tried to play good football and still lost to bad players, then fair enough. But this is just crap, especially when he talks about controlling the game and play good football.

If he just was honest and said that he love his long balls. But then you could really argue why we have bought the players we have and not tall guys like Stoke.

Guest BooBoo

However, this posting from Shak deserves comment, because it sums up exactly what is happening at the club now.

It is hard not to have some sympathy for Pardew because in many people's opinion, including mine, he has been sold a bum steer by Ashley and Llambias during the close season; we badly needed defensive reinforcements and they failed to deliver - end of. That has bitten us on the ar-e several times this season, but especially on Sunday, where the game was effectively over after 15 mins.

The big BUT is that Pardew is beginning to look as if he is hostage to his own tactics as well as the lack of depth in the squad. As Shak says, if we lose to the Mackems in the Derby, the discontent which has been festering below the surface with many fans(about lack of reinforcements as well as the dire football being played)will start to show itself.

You can't ignore the fact that Pardew has shown a similar track record at other clubs - early success and then a tail-off in performances and results as well as controversy about some of his selections(or lack of them at West Ham)...lets be honest, if that hadn't happened Pardew would not be at NUFC.

As some have said, he talks a good game and nobody can argue with what he got the team to achieve LAST season...but it was LAST season - in football, you are only as good as your results now as a manager.

Fans won't accept his platitudes forever though, even though they know he has a tough job with the board - they want entertainment, but failing that, a winning side - he delivered the latter last season, but the fans know the team looks a shadow of what it was then - even with Colo and Taylor in it, although we missed those 2 badly on Sunday. Williamson is NOT a PL defender and Perch is better in M/F.

The side looked over-awed by Man U and they made us look like a Non-League team until they got a comfortable lead...fans can forgive defeat if the team gives as good as it gets, but not if they act like awestruck statues, as when Evans and Evra got 2 goals from corners.

Everyone can speculate on what is wrong - but clearly, something is...Tiote was lucky not to be sent off in the early minutes and Cabaye is, in my opinion, disillusioned about the events surrounding Debuchy and lack of reinforcements.

He may not be the only one either. As for the forwards, you have to wonder what is going on...only HBA looks as if he really wants to do the business and he is not getting much support by others running into space for a pass.

The game at the SOS has now assumed even more importance than usual - and the performance of the team will matter almost as much as the result - Pardew is lucky that Ashley has given him an 8 year contract ; he will need it if things don't pick up soon and you have to wonder why Ashley did this when he clearly doesn't like parting with money unless it suits him.

Time will tell......

Pretty much agree with every word of that. Pardew's approval rating will take a body blow if he loses the derby.

We need a result and a performance. We've had neither so far.

i wouldnt mind we played average for sometime if only i could see we at least were trying to develop a style we wanted to play for years to come.

respect to clubs like swansea. Its like pardew changes everything because of the opponent. 4-3-3 looks attacking....but it is also 4-5-1 defending and it makes us so much more fluid and attractive.

If he cant see this then im really worried. This should have been started this summer at the latest. Then all our key players would trust pardew and believe in our progress. We can not change so much from game to game without loosing our own rythm....we wont progress. Many play 2 different positions all the time...some three....NOT GOOD  at all. Fair enough to have 1 or 2  allround squad players...but we have too many....perch, (santon), ferfuson, jonas, r. taylor, anita, changes in attack > cisse on the right WTF.

i think pardew is afraid to drop either cisse or ba....which i can understand. Maybe thats the reason he keeps the 4-4-2 since 4-3-3 is not that suited for them both. 4-4-2 the way we play it will ever be a success....as i see it we are very close to have a really strong 4-3-3 side. We need cb´s who can play football....nothing new. But LW is position i really hope we would buy a quality player for.

imagine what someone like debuchy, mbiwa and pacey/goalscoring LW would do to our squad.

We will lose players like cabaye next summer if we dont start improving asap. both in style and in quality players imo.

I have lost all the confidence in Pardew. It´s not only because the season have started poorly point wise, but most because be play worse and worse football. We don´t have a plan and is only trying to play to stop the other team.

If we tried to play good football and still lost to bad players, then fair enough. But this is just crap, especially when he talks about controlling the game and play good football.

If he just was honest and said that he love his long balls. But then you could really argue why we have bought the players we have and not tall guys like Stoke.

I can't wait for you to piss off and 'support' Man City.

I can't wait for you to p*ss off and 'support' Man City.

He already supports loads of clubs.

:smitten:

I will support his new team as much as Newcastle. I will respect that club even more because they have Hughton and we have f***ing Pardew and Arsehole

quick question, what defines struggling this year just so we're clear?

“Anybody who knows me and knows my management will tell you I am desperate to win something, and I think I have got a team that potentially can do that,” said Pardew.

“Will we win the Premier League? Well, that’s probably beyond us – the size of squads of Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea at the weekend, it’s going to make it very, very difficult for us to bridge that gap unless we get into the Champions League.

“I still think that’s probably our best route to grow as a football club.

“Having said that, a cup win would certainly raise our fans’ morale and the club’s morale, and that’s something I’m focusing on as much as that Champions League position.”

:whistle:

Time will tell......

Good post, you should do it more often.

quick question, what defines struggling this year just so we're clear?

“Anybody who knows me and knows my management will tell you I am desperate to win something, and I think I have got a team that potentially can do that,” said Pardew.

“Will we win the Premier League? Well, that’s probably beyond us – the size of squads of Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea at the weekend, it’s going to make it very, very difficult for us to bridge that gap unless we get into the Champions League.

“I still think that’s probably our best route to grow as a football club.

“Having said that, a cup win would certainly raise our fans’ morale and the club’s morale, and that’s something I’m focusing on as much as that Champions League position.”

:whistle:

He basically comes out with any old bollocks.

Guest firetotheworks

We haven't got a fucking chance of making the Champions League this season. Even saying that it goes without saying feels like a 'well duh' thing to say.

Yeah, we put paid to that over the summer. :(

The hope now is that we sign people over Christmas that will give us a push for Europe again. Then when we fail to do that we can look forward to next summer instead.

It's an endless cycle of hope and disappointment.

Time will tell......

Good post, you should do it more often.

Thanks for that, Mick - unfortunately, there are a fair few who would not agree with you, but I will show my face occasionally....esp when we are discussing an important topic, which I believe this is. I also believe it has a fair way to run yet.....

Yeah, we put paid to that over the summer. :(

The hope now is that we sign people over Christmas that will give us a push for Europe again. Then when we fail to do that we can look forward to next summer instead.

It's an endless cycle of hope and disappointment.

Anxiety and occasional relief encapsulates the whole concept of supporting a football club.

Take no offence by this but i'v been on this board a few months and you say that after every match, even when we win.

Hate to break this to you but we are not title contenders.

Time will tell......

I think that's an excellent post.

How we start games is the most concerning aspect of everything we've seen this season. Everyone bleat's on about formations which is understandable, but any debating of it is superfluous when the players are starting the games asleep and effectivly costing themselves points doing so.

Everton away is a good example of this. We played 4-4-2 in that period and its the best we've produced by a long way, all down to the players showing some urgency and willingness to get forward. When we do play like that, we look an excellent side and had we done it more often this season we would have more points.

Now its open to discussion why the team is beginning slowly, but both the managment and players need to shoulder some of the blame. Whatever Pardew says is having no effect but equally none of the players currently look like taking responsibility going into matches.

Its early days, but make no mistake the next match is massive for us. We've hade runs where we have looked awful under Pards, and he found a solution, one way or another.

Time will tell......

How we start games is the most concerning aspect of everything we've seen this season. Everyone bleat's on about formations which is understandable, but any debating of it is superfluous when the players are starting the games asleep and effectivly costing themselves points doing so.

Everton away is a good example of this. We played 4-4-2 in that period and its the best we've produced by a long way, all down to the players showing some urgency and willingness to get forward. When we do play like that, we look an excellent side and had we done it more often this season we would have more points.

Now its open to discussion why the team is beginning slowly, but both the managment and players need to shoulder some of the blame. Whatever Pardew says is having no effect but equally none of the players currently look like taking responsibility going into matches.

Its early days, but make no mistake the next match is massive for us. We've hade runs where we have looked awful under Pards, and he found a solution, one way or another.

Apologies for this but again I'm going to have to refer to Ferguson. When you say that the players should shoulder some of the blame for starting so many games slowly, how long can we trot that one out? If Man U started so many games slowly wouldn't you think their manager was missing a trick? The fact is they don't - and that's because Ferguson would either give them the famous hairdryer treatment or get them out of the team (and probably the club).

I don't agree with you, I put the blame squarely with the manager and I do believe it's his formations which are responsible for the sluggish starts. If you set your team up to defend deep then it might sometimes come across as if the team is sluggish, when in fact they are just following instructions.

Time will tell......

Apologies for this but again I'm going to have to refer to Ferguson. When you say that the players should shoulder some of the blame for starting so many games slowly, how long can we trot that one out? If Man U started so many games slowly wouldn't you think their manager was missing a trick? The fact is they don't - and that's because Ferguson would either give them the famous hairdryer treatment or get them out of the team (and probably the club).

I don't agree with you, I put the blame squarely with the manager and I do believe it's his formations which are responsible for the sluggish starts. If you set your team up to defend deep then it might sometimes come across as if the team is sluggish, when in fact they are just following instructions.

Except its not fact though is it? Unless you have personally spoke to Pardew. I would personally be pretty suprised if Pardew has told the players to invite pressure in the opening period v Man Utd, when it was the exact opposite approach that got us the points in the same fixture last season.

Im not leaving Pardew blameless here either, the buck always stops with the manager in the end, but surely the players could find it within themselves to look a bit more intrested at the start of games.

Ferguson is the pinnacle of managers in terms of what he's achieved and how his players play for him, its quite a high benchmark to look up to.

Obviously I agree that only so much can be persisted with a system if its not getting wins on the board, but I don't think formations are the total of our issues at the moment.