Alan Pardew

Dave

I think even those who are accused of having agendas etc want Pardew to succeed, they just have f*** all faith in him doing so and it takes more than a few wins to convince them.

A fair few of them want don't want him to succeed, even if it's to our detriment within reason.

From the perspective of those who want him to stay for at least another season, since we signed the players we so badly needed in January we've won 5 out of 9 in the league, including 4 out of 4 at home and progressed past two good sides in the EL. A lot of people were saying the signings would present a definitive test for him. You could argue that so far he's passing it.

Who's said that?

Nobody's come out and said it, dude. Just the way some posters go on makes it virtually impossible to believe otherwise.

So you're making things up, at least you've admitted it.

I'd rather Pardew left (and soon), because I hate watching his football on the whole and I don't think he's the person to take us forward.

But want the team to lose?  Want them to play shit?  The reason I'm pissed off with it at the minute is because we've lost and played shit far too many times this season, I'd obviously be delighted if form or performances had been better.  That's where I stand on it (not guilty) so you might have to be more specific then, Ronaldo.

I think that the vast majority of posters critical of Pardew such as yourself and Bimpy have the team's best interests at heart and (like me, basically) just don't think he's ever going to be the answer.  There are a couple of posters that consistently spoil this thread - who don't need to be named because anyone who reads it regularly know exactly who they are - that appear to let their hate for the man completely overshadow whatever affection they have for NUFC.

Guest neesy111

I'd rather Pardew left (and soon), because I hate watching his football on the whole and I don't think he's the person to take us forward.

But want the team to lose?  Want them to play shit?  The reason I'm pissed off with it at the minute is because we've lost and played shit far too many times this season, I'd obviously be delighted if form or performances had been better.  That's where I stand on it (not guilty) so you might have to be more specific then, Ronaldo.

I think that the vast majority of posters critical of Pardew such as yourself and Bimpy have the team's best interests at heart and (like me, basically) just don't think he's ever going to be the answer.  There are a couple of posters that consistently spoil this thread - who don't need to be named because anyone who reads it regularly know exactly who they are - that appear to let their hate for the man completely overshadow whatever affection they have for NUFC.

Fair post.

Great wind ups normally hit a nerve, and I guess Ronnie's qualifies.  ;D

In all seriousness it's a bit unfair I think, I don't think the desire to see nufc succeed should be questioned because you've lost faith in a manager. The thing that keeps me talking about it is how much I want to see us get it right. Much the same way that I think it's unfair to criticise him for celebrating with the fans today, they're both driven by genuine feelings.

In all seriousness it's a bit unfair I think, I don't think the desire to see nufc succeed should be questioned because you've lost faith in a manager. The thing that keeps me talking about it is how much I want to see us get it right. Much the same way that I think it's unfair to criticise him for celebrating with the fans today, they're both driven by genuine feelings.

It's laughable that he was posting in the match thread while the people who would like to see Pardew fail were actually at the match supporting the team and by doing so, supporting the manager.

Guest neesy111

I don't think anyone wants us to lose but some post a lot more when it's negative or will talk about negatives before positives.

Imo.

:thup:

I don't think anyone wants us to lose but some post a lot more when it's negative or will talk about negatives before positives.

Imo.

It's difficult to say, there have been so many more negatives than positives this year that it's not exactly a level playing field in that respect.

I don't begridge anyone giving harsh criticism of him this season. Provided they give him credit for days like today; which I hope FOR THE GOOD OF THE TEAM is part of an upturn in his methods.

Me and Mick are two who I'd see many call anti-Pardew. FWIW I think Pardew has shown twice this season something I've been asking for and it's to try and change the team to go for a win. Both times he did it and both times we won. I just hope he learns from this because nothing this season except few glimpses suggests he's a good enough manager to bring us silverware or back to where we were under SBR. That's my view of the whole thing and I'll respect those who don't agree, and I hope unlike what Ronaldo is trying to suggest that I am wrong.

It's laughable that he was posting in the match thread while the people who would like to see Pardew fail were actually at the match supporting the team and by doing so, supporting the manager.

It's laughable that I was posting in the match thread? Sounds like you don't get out much any more.

Happy with the win but my feelings remain the same where Pardew is concerned, we lacked imagination throughout and looked utterly static when attacking.

This is a quote from a lad I have on facebook which shows the low expectations of our fans and what constitutes a good manager, I'm sorry if I sound cynical but this sort of thing just grinds my gears:

"Thats the passion of the team we have. Players that f***ed there sitting down and were pressing like f*** for the win! Celebrations with the crowd and cisse giving his shirt to a little lad. Love what Pardew has done to the toon."

I read this and immediately facepalmed.

Can't fault him today.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/07/article-2305282-1927C1DB000005DC-537_634x478.jpg

Bit of a gremlin belly there like. Get on it Pardew.