Alan Pardew

Dave

He's just more optimistic than yow. Needless post tbh.

Nope, you're wrong.

But your only alignment here is TT, who is clearly a psycho nutjob. You really should consider your stance here. This'll do nothing for your approval rating.

:lol: I know you're joking about approval ratings but I'm not arsed about anything like that.  He's just more optimistic than me?  :lol:

Your only alignment is TT. Think about that.

I couldn't care less mate, my opinion is my opinion and Ian W must be some sort of hypnotist if more people aren't sharing it.  Look at the shite he's posted the last few pages FFS.  Do I need to dig it up?

I never said it wasn't shite. I don't think there is any malice in it, or wummery... if wummery isn't covered under the malice umbrella.

The point is, if the only person who agrees with you is TT, you're probably in the wrong. Or at the very least a little mentally unbalanced. The man managed to get himself banned in a discussion about Solid State Hard Drives ffs :lol:

This is just about the best closing argument I've ever seen on here. :lol:

There have been instances recently, the latest being the context one about Pardew's fucking awful and small-time presser, where I've thought Ian is on the wummery trail.Nobody could post such pro Pardew bollocks and not be , I can see 'polics POV absolutely.

The bickering has got to stop like. Seriously, it's tiresome.

The whole point of this place is to offer opinions and debate things but it's getting ridiculous. If you can't be civil to each other and debate the point at hand then don't bother.

There's absolutely no need to make things personal. Can't imagine any Newcastle fan is happy right now as things stand but please be civil to each other.

I didn't think I'd even have to do this, but these are quotes from just this thread today alone.

I happen to think he's spot on.

Thursday was a much bigger game than sunday and he's saying we're bigger than that and should have more ambition than to just win derbies which appears to be their only ambition.

If he is saying fan reaction was over the top I think he's wrong. But I don't know that he is, he might just be trying to downplay the situation in general, or be referring to pundits etc.

In context that whole interview doesn't read too badly. At least when he talks about Sunderland he also admits we'll have to carry our own burden of defeat.

Reads better than each line in isolation.

I happen to think he's spot on.

Thursday was a much bigger game than sunday and he's saying we're bigger than that and should have more ambition than to just win derbies which appears to be their only ambition.

If he is saying fan reaction was over the top I think he's wrong. But I don't know that he is, he might just be trying to downplay the situation in general, or be referring to pundits etc.

In context that whole interview doesn't read too badly. At least when he talks about Sunderland he also admits we'll have to carry our own burden of defeat.

Reads better than each line in isolation.

That is just as bad.

I see what you're saying, yes and no IMO. Obviously he should be impressing on the players how dire the situation is, but in public he needs to make it sound like everything is calm.

At the end of the day the performance against WBA will be the telling thing.

He did say it aye, obviously he would be better not mentioning it but it doesn't sound as bad in context with the rest of the interview.

He's in here all day every day defending his hero against the indefensible with ridiculous diplomacy that makes no fucking sense.

Today it's "leave him alone, let's see what happens against WBA", I'm sure last week it was "leave him alone, let's see what happens against Sunderland".

But nar, I'm a bully and a radgie.

The whole point of this place is to offer opinions and debate things but it's getting ridiculous. If you can't be civil to each other and debate the point at hand then don't bother.

There's absolutely no need to make things personal. Can't imagine any Newcastle fan is happy right now as things stand but please be civil to each other.

I think it's making a point of when I think someone is on the wind-up, I don't see how that's being unduly personal.  If you think it is then tell me why.

More quotes from Pardew's interview today:

This week there is no excuse. We’ve had the same amount of time as West Brom and hopefully that will be shown on the pitch.

“I was told about this club and the extremes here. I don’t think we have reacted to the criticism we’ve had, we’ve accepted it, we know what we think is wrong and we need to put it right.

"I do think one or two things that have been said are a bit harsh and unfair. I thought some of it was over the top.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/10006568/Newcastle-manager-Alan-Pardew-hits-back-at-his-critics.html

Actually sounds a lot more reasonable when put in a fuller context.

I was only ever pissing about, surely that was obvious? :(

This week there is no excuse. We’ve had the same amount of time as West Brom and hopefully that will be shown on the pitch.

“I was told about this club and the extremes here. I don’t think we have reacted to the criticism we’ve had, we’ve accepted it, we know what we think is wrong and we need to put it right.

"I do think one or two things that have been said are a bit harsh and unfair. I thought some of it was over the top.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/10006568/Newcastle-manager-Alan-Pardew-hits-back-at-his-critics.html

It's the most embarrassing result in my lifetime following NUFC and he doesn't appear to give a fuck.  Aye, he's well reasonable, what a guy.

It's the most embarrassing result in my lifetime following NUFC and he doesn't appear to give a f***.  Aye, he's well reasonable, what a guy.

He has to try put a positive spin on it, it's his only choice. I think he knows it's embarrassing but I would agree he doesn't seem to understand exactly how much so.