Alan Pardew

Dave

Oh noes, the SMB has become this thread. All south of the wearyside appear to be infected.

First sign: calling out other 'fans' for having an opinion.

Second sign: declaring war on each other's letter boxes and jaws.

Do you think Pardew enjoys a few after work drinks on a Friday too? A chance to forget about his worries and romance a few unsuspecting females...?

Reckon we're supping on Netto value-brand juice right now like. Not sure what kind of juice though.

Someone think of a predictable, unadventurous and defensively minded fruit.

Edit - It has to be an ineffective fruit too.

Dandelion and Burdock.

I just want to see some champagne football.

This is going to be my sig.

But is it cheap champagne though? :sad:

I'd settle for Lambrini at this point.

I'd settle for Tesco's brand OJ Football at the moment tbh.

:lol: isn't that what we're getting at the moment?

Reckon we're supping on Netto value-brand juice right now like. Not sure what kind of juice though.

Someone think of a predictable, unadventurous and defensively minded fruit.

Edit - It has to be an ineffective fruit too.

Bar, the drink is actually somewhat expensive (we splashed out in January dontchaknow!) but it's being served in old skins, which cheapens the taste and keeps it lukewarm.

Conjo has got it right. Balanced Ian is too balanced for a couple of nut jobs. Stay with it moderate man.

"I think that viewpoint is probably a little extreme and so it the opposite viewpoint , and as always the answer is probally somewhere in the middle"

http://i35.tinypic.com/nwcuq.jpg

Oh noes, the SMB has become this thread. All south of the wearyside appear to be infected.

Do you think Pardew enjoys a few after work drinks on a Friday too? A chance to forget about his worries and romance a few unsuspecting females...?

Ian doesn't have an opinion in this thread, he sits in here fielding criticism of Pardew like he's his spokesman. As much of a moan as I can be, I'm generally quite astute at spotting trends in people's behaviour in life quite quickly, which is half the reason I called you a cunt early doors. It was because it was so fucking massively obvious that you are a massive fucking cunt.

Plenty of people seem to like Ian's act though, it's an eye opener for sure.

Can you ban me please mods, I just called Stu a cunt and am disheartened by people coming on here day after day doing nothing but playing devil's advocate for their own amusement while offering no valid opinions of their own.

Cheers (Stu is a CUNT), laters.

Guest strongbow69

Fwiw I think pardew has been a bit up his own arse all season, I may be wrong but I can only recall two instances this season where pards has accepted any form of responsibility and those were not playing hadaira the other day and a dodgy sub, could be wrong though  :hmm:

He's been very fortunate with how the results have fallen in terms of fan reaction:

- Last minute winners send a crowd home a lot happier than scoring in the first minute and winning 1-0

- Home results seriously influence fan reaction whilst away ones barely scratch the surface. Certainly not the majority but I know ST holders who pay almost no attention to away games and certainly don't watch them

- We've lost more home games than the vast majority of teams but also won more. For most people at home in a lot of games, a draw might as well be a defeat so it can feel like our home form is rosy when it's anything but - a couple more draws and we'd be nearly home and dry

- In my experience, there's usually some sort of watershed desolate performance at home that is the one to turn the crowd but not against the mackems or a hammering off Man Utd, it's typically a feeble attacking performance in amongst a bad run against a side that everyone has expected to turn up and beat. For Robson it was 1-1 against Wolves (again, at home a draw and defeat nearly interchangeable), for Souness it was 1-0 against Blackburn, Roeder had 1-0 defeats against Sheff Utd and then Man City whilst Allardyce's home draw with Derby did more to see him off than any other result (although a couple of ludicrous hammerings off Pompey and Liverpool didn't help tbf). Even two of the greatest home wins in our PL history couldn't save Hughton from fucking idiots baying for his blood after a couple of insipid home games, nor could winning at Arsenal and Everton. Yet apart from Reading (major discontent immediately followed by a load of new signings at which point most people shut up), Pardew has somehow managed to skate round these results. Swansea and West Ham, the form wasn't terrible and a couple of injuries got him a pass before QPR, Wigan, Southampton, Stoke and Fulham all seen off at home despite being largely shite in every game.

Maybe I'm over-analysing but I reckon he could easily have more points on the board and yet be under far more pressure. Couple more away wins, couple of home defeats having become draws but also a couple less extremely late winners at home and far more would have turned against him imo. People are daft.

Interpolic. :lol:

Love how the original post just came out of nowhere, Ian hadn't even posted in a couple of pages. Don't think calling Stu is a bannable offence though, nor should it be. Post a picture of a vadg or something mate.

Interpolic. :lol:

Love how the original post just came out of nowhere, Ian hadn't even posted in a couple of pages. Don't think calling Stu is a bannable offence though, nor should it be. Post a picture of a vadg or something mate.

:lol: it's as if he's come straight online after turning the Xbox off in pure frustration...

Ian doesn't have an opinion in this thread, he sits in here fielding criticism of Pardew like he's his spokesman. As much of a moan as I can be, I'm generally quite astute at spotting trends in people's behaviour in life quite quickly, which is half the reason I called you a cunt early doors. It was because it was so fucking massively obvious that you are a massive fucking cunt.

Plenty of people seem to like Ian's act though, it's an eye opener for sure.

Can you ban me please mods, I just called Stu a cunt and am disheartened by people coming on here day after day doing nothing but playing devil's advocate for their own amusement while offering no valid opinions of their own.

Cheers (Stu is a CUNT), laters.

Saddest Internet Argument Technique #6:

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/1144/screenshot20130420at159.png

I think this is his biggest game for us. Lose and I think the majority of fans will be done with him. I sure am.

His biggest game for us was last Sunday, and he fucked it up in spectacular fashion.

Aye, was a ridiculous post. :lol:

Had we won last Sunday and lost today nobody would have been too bothered. But winning today won't make up for last week, though it'd be precious points in the relegation fight this rancid excuse for a manager has somehow got us into.

He's been very fortunate with how the results have fallen in terms of fan reaction:

- Last minute winners send a crowd home a lot happier than scoring in the first minute and winning 1-0

- Home results seriously influence fan reaction whilst away ones barely scratch the surface. Certainly not the majority but I know ST holders who pay almost no attention to away games and certainly don't watch them

- We've lost more home games than the vast majority of teams but also won more. For most people at home in a lot of games, a draw might as well be a defeat so it can feel like our home form is rosy when it's anything but - a couple more draws and we'd be nearly home and dry

- In my experience, there's usually some sort of watershed desolate performance at home that is the one to turn the crowd but not against the mackems or a hammering off Man Utd, it's typically a feeble attacking performance in amongst a bad run against a side that everyone has expected to turn up and beat. For Robson it was 1-1 against Wolves (again, at home a draw and defeat nearly interchangeable), for Souness it was 1-0 against Blackburn, Roeder had 1-0 defeats against Sheff Utd and then Man City whilst Allardyce's home draw with Derby did more to see him off than any other result (although a couple of ludicrous hammerings off Pompey and Liverpool didn't help tbf). Even two of the greatest home wins in our PL history couldn't save Hughton from f***ing idiots baying for his blood after a couple of insipid home games, nor could winning at Arsenal and Everton. Yet apart from Reading (major discontent immediately followed by a load of new signings at which point most people shut up), Pardew has somehow managed to skate round these results. Swansea and West Ham, the form wasn't terrible and a couple of injuries got him a pass before QPR, Wigan, Southampton, Stoke and Fulham all seen off at home despite being largely s**** in every game.

Maybe I'm over-analysing but I reckon he could easily have more points on the board and yet be under far more pressure. Couple more away wins, couple of home defeats having become draws but also a couple less extremely late winners at home and far more would have turned against him imo. People are daft.

This coupled with the fact that many fans have been brainwashed into believing we couldn't get a better manager and are beginning to accept mid-table mediocrity as the norm...

Guest Dontooner

This coupled with the fact that many fans have been brainwashed into believing we couldn't get a better manager and are beginning to accept mid-table mediocrity as the norm...

This is self defeating.