Alan Pardew

Dave

:lol: :lol:

Maturity.

I don't see how maturity comes into not being bothered what somebody thinks, should I be?  It's no surprise that you try to make something out of it though.

Do you really think I'm bothered about you thinking I'm bothered about you not behind bothered, like?

You're really quite confrontational. But not that brave about it at the same time. Quite a feat tbh.

How would you demonstrate bravery on a message board? Photos of feats of strength? CV showing military honours?

Maturity.

I don't see how maturity comes into not being bothered what somebody thinks, should I be?  It's no surprise that you try to make something out of it though.

Do you really think I'm bothered about you thinking I'm bothered about you not behind bothered, like?

You're really quite confrontational. But not that brave about it at the same time. Quite a feat tbh.

How would you demonstrate bravery on a message board? Photos of feats of strength? CV showing military honours?

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,18555.msg4357131.html#msg4357131

Guest icemanblue

Maturity.

Ok? I don't really know what this means, like.

Has Pardew been blamed for Cisse's cracked rib yet on here?

Not yet, do you want to be the first to do so?

well i might as well,  in the last 2 weeks he has been blamed for everything else! :-)

Guest neesy111

Has Pardew been blamed for Cisse's cracked rib yet on here?

Not yet, do you want to be the first to do so?

well i might as well,  in the last 2 weeks he has been blamed for everything else! :-)

No he hasn't.

More a repetition of what's been a problem for, God knows, how many years. It's depressing to read, really.

If you want to be a force in the top 5 EPL you need to be rich rich rich!, based in London.. or, as Newcastle were last year, so fucking lucky that it's ridiculous....

As many mistakes as he's made this season, I still feel our pitiful summer really handcuffed him. Even though I've said that I want him gone ASAP, I wouldn't mind giving him one more season, just because his relationship with the board is good and he's got them spending some money.

For once, I'm actually not worried about us buying has-beens and overrated British players. Finally, we seem to have a proper scouting system and seem to be spending money on good players. That is something that Pardew deserves some credit for. I'm scared that if we bring in a Frenchy, that he won't get along well with Llambias, then we'll have loads of other problems.

Pardew's not great tactically, although I feel some on here overstate how bad he is. His relationship with the players is however quite good. He speaks too much for my liking but that's a personality thing - some people just don't know when to shut up, they don't like the silence - so I haven't paid too much attention to his words. He doesn't look like he's good under pressure so our bad start really snowballed on him. Maybe if we were safer, he wouldn't have to be so conservative.

All in all, I'm still not sure I completely want him gone. I don't think he's good enough now but managers can change and grow with players. He's had one really good season and one really bad season. One more season wouldn't be something that I'd be completely against.

As many mistakes as he's made this season, I still feel our pitiful summer really handcuffed him. Even though I've said that I want him gone ASAP, I wouldn't mind giving him one more season, just because his relationship with the board is good and he's got them spending some money.

For once, I'm actually not worried about us buying has-beens and overrated British players. Finally, we seem to have a proper scouting system and seem to be spending money on good players. That is something that Pardew deserves some credit for. I'm scared that if we bring in a Frenchy, that he won't get along well with Llambias, then we'll have loads of other problems.

Pardew's not great tactically, although I feel some on here overstate how bad he is. His relationship with the players is however quite good. He speaks too much for my liking but that's a personality thing - some people just don't know when to shut up, they don't like the silence - so I haven't paid too much attention to his words. He doesn't look like he's good under pressure so our bad start really snowballed on him. Maybe if we were safer, he wouldn't have to be so conservative.

All in all, I'm still not sure I completely want him gone. I don't think he's good enough now but managers can change and grow with players. He's had one really good season and one really bad season. One more season wouldn't be something that I'd be completely against.

Feel pretty much the same as the above comment.

Simon 'The Cunt' Bird

Knee jerks: Why Newcastle fans are so wrong to call for Alan Pardew's head

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle-column-knee-jerk-toon-fans-1849087?

23 Apr 2013 12:55

Yes, it's been a disappointing season - but what's the point of seeking the rewards of stability one minute, then sacking the manager?!

Pardew out! Give him the sack. He's clueless. His tactics are rubbish. We never score from set pieces. The bloke's a joke.

The narrative of Alan Pardew's reign at St James' Park is changing.

Views such as these are taking a hold among a militant section of fans who have lost patience already with the man who led Newcastle to fifth spot last season, and was crowned Manager of the Year.

The fact there is even a debate going on among Newcastle fans about the future of their manager is ludicrous, and proves how fickle and knee jerk punters can be.

Yes, it's been a very poor season. Newcastle have lost HALF of their league games, seven at home. They've exited both cups at the first hurdle, in meek fashion. They have leaked goals, turned in passion free performances and lacked a bit of heart at times.

And yes, they were crucified by Sunderland at home in the North East derby.

But sack the manager?

Sure, Pardew may be in line for a rollicking from owner Mike Ashley during an end of season inquest.

Too many times they have failed to hit on a tactical formula that worked. Frequently the team performances have added up to less than the sum of the individual talent on the team sheet, which is a worry.

Such is the life of a top flight manager that you can go from tactical genius, and being asked about taking the England job, then 12 months later have a movement against you brewing.

Remember last October when it was pats on the back all-round as Pardew was awarded an eight-year contract?. At last, a bit of stability, we all said. Wow, never thought we'd use that word to describe Newcastle United.

A contract that should smooth the peaks and troughs of results, and ensure the club does not lurch from one crisis to the next, like it has done in recent decades.

So what's changed now? Does stability go out of the window after a few bad months, with mitigating factors of repeated injuries to big name players, European travel, and lack of coaching time on the training pitch because of the continental travel and number of matches being played?

Tactically challenged

Those urging Pardew to be booted out, appear to assume he doesn't understand the situation.

Take of instance the lack of goals at set pieces that is being used as a stick to hit him with. United staff have looked at this and have a theory. They don't have enough big men to cause havoc.

Their two biggest jumpers, Steven Taylor and Moussa Sissoko are marked up by the opposition's biggest. Newcastle believe they need a good third or fourth jumper in there to cause trouble. It will be a consideration when discussing transfer targets in the summer.

Should have played in Tyne-Wear derby: Massadio Haidara

Action

Take for instance the lack of passion or work-rate during the Sunderland defeat. Think Pardew didn't notice that? He adjusted training last week to include some tough running drills for two days to sharpen up what was required. It worked for the first half against West Brom, at least.

Take for instance the criticism over tactical and selection mistakes. Pardew does evaluate his decisions. United players have inside info from Sunderland that Paolo Di Canio deliberately targeted their left side. The Mackems believed three quarters of the goals United concede come from this side, and exploited it.

Should Pardew have played Jonas Gutierrez at left back? In hindsight no, Massadio Haidara should have played, like he did against Benfica.

Pardew has other tactical dilemmas to face. How to get the best out of Sissoko. How to revive Cheick Tiote, and make Papiss Cisse an exceptional finisher, rather than a good one.

Crucially how to get Yohan Cabaye into games, when the opposition is targeting him as the way to stop United from functioning. United sources say this is becoming a big frustration with Cabaye. Enough to give him an excuse to leave?

The Frenchman also feels, as do many in the dressing room, that they have been singled out for took much criticism during this bad run. Others reckon it is just the kick up the backside everyone needs.

Pardew himself complained on Friday that he though some criticism has been "heavy handed."

If that is directed at those calling for his sacking, fair enough.

But the reality is Newcastle deserve a load of criticism for many of their performances and mistakes. Changes need to be made, tactics tweaked, attitudes sharpened up.

They do not deserve fickle supporters calling for root and branch upheaval of the management team.

He's a model: David Moyes, manager of Everton

Jan Kruger

Newcastle look to Everton as a model. David Moyes has had season where Everton plunged from Champions' League qualifiers to also-rans. They learned from the experience and let Moyes get on with it, rather than axe him.

In May '03 Moyes led Everton to seventh. A year later they finished fourth bottom.

By May '05 they finished fourth, then the next season were 11th. Since those early days Moyes has been more consistent, keeping Everton in, or around, the European places.

It maybe a similar roller-coaster for Pardew and Newcastle, who can't preach stability one month, then ditch it when the going gets tough.

With the players we've had at our disposal post-January the way we have performed has been criminal. We plugged all of the gaps that needed plugging, with genuine quality, and we're still not safe from relegation.

If we were hovering around mid-table i'd say give him one more season but he has been the root cause of everything that's bad about us this season so I just want rid.

Take of instance the lack of goals at set pieces that is being used as a stick to hit him with. United staff have looked at this and have a theory. They don't have enough big men to cause havoc.

Their two biggest jumpers, Steven Taylor and Moussa Sissoko are marked up by the opposition's biggest. Newcastle believe they need a good third or fourth jumper in there to cause trouble. It will be a consideration when discussing transfer targets in the summer.

:lol:

"Their two biggest jumpers, Steven Taylor and Moussa Sissoko are marked up by the opposition's biggest. Newcastle believe they need a good third or fourth jumper in there to cause trouble. It will be a consideration when discussing transfer targets in the summer."

:lol: :lol: Jumpers ffs.

Oscar scored a header from a corner for Chelsea at the weekend, its more about decent delivery and good movement. If we put the ball in the right area and attack it and we will cause problems. We go on like a Sunday league team. More big lads, thats what we need. Jumpers for fucks sake :lol:.