Alan Pardew

Dave

Souness is a destroyer of clubs, man. He took a team that'd finished 4th, 3rd and 5th and left us 18 months later (after spending well over £50m) in 16th place with an unrecognisable Newcastle United. Pardew, Kinnear, Shearer or anyone will never come close to that level of incompetence.

And give Pardew enough rope and he'll do exactly the same...

Not a million years. He might fail here, but not like that.

I'd love to know where the thinking behind that statement comes from.

Tbh, a bit of a mob mentality has developed over this issue, and it's a bit discouraging.

Rubbish. If you mean that there a people who give people undue stick for holding pro pardew views then yes. If you think that the criticism of pardew is a mob mentality then I would wholeheartedly disagree. He has made his bed in so many ways.

Guest neesy111

A lot of people have forgot it's 1 win in 7 now which itself was a last minute goal, not exactly going to pleasing on the manager.

:thup:

And no Dortmund have  not spend much at all : http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/borussia-dortmund/transfers-alle/verein_16.html

Didn't realise it would be quite so stark, they've barely spent a penny (net).

Of course the issue in the Premier League isn't necessarily how good your team is but how deep your squad is. That's why it's critically important to have a good youth set-up and to have a manager who is adept at integrating those youngsters into the first team.

In many ways that is the most damning indictment of Pardew's management - his management of the young players has been absolutely abominable and him hoying them all into the frying pan against Brighton and against Bruges and them blaming them for performing like shite was fucking disgraceful. He bangs the drum on a regular basis about needing his strongest team to be able to perform at a level even approaching acceptable - quite apart from the fact that he can't even manage that when he pretty much does have that team, they are the words of a man admitting he is not up to Premier League management right there.

From the outside it's understandable that people think calling for his sacking is crazy. In normal circumstances everyone would leap to the defence of a manager who was sacked for one bad season after one exceptional one. We would probably be doing the same if another club was in question.

That doesn't mean people calling for his head are necessarily wrong, but I can see what it would look like.

Ever the diplomat :)

Whey it's true isn't it? Generally we would be slating Liverpool or Sunderland fans if they were after sacking a manager in this manner.

Personally, I'd ask one of them what they see with their eyes when they watch the team every week, then I'd understand.

Tbh, a bit of a mob mentality has developed over this issue, and it's a bit discouraging.

Rubbish. If you mean that there a people who give people undue stick for holding pro pardew views then yes. If you think that the criticism of pardew is a mob mentality then I would wholeheartedly disagree. He has made his bed in so many ways.

:clap:

I do agree with Wullie that the ultimate aim has to be to win the title and I believe that it's eminently possible. If we have a manager who doesn't believe that then he shouldn't be here. That's one more thing that I don't like about Pardew: his defeatist attitude and constant reference to how much money other clubs are spending and how we should cower in fear and be oh so honoured if they come for one of our players. Quite frankly we should tell Man Utd to fuck off if they come for Cabaye and tell Cabaye to keep quiet and honour the contract he signed because our aim is to be better than Man Utd, not be content with being their or any other club's feeder club.

To be fair, and I cannot stand Pardew, but this stuff all comes from the top,

Incidentally while I was checking the Brighton quotes, saw one from him on .com after that game: "The (FA) Cup usually leads only to disappointment because, somewhere along the line, you get knocked out"

All season long he's been like the Grim fucking Reaper. :lol:

Reading or listening to it is like the bit in Father Ted when he hears Radiohead on the bus.

Guest Slippery Sam

Don't see why we can't challenge for the title if we have a good 2-3 year cycle. We just have to keep on leveraging our development. If we get into the top 4, improve our commercial deals then we can become a fixture in the top 5. Then it's just one season of luck with injuries and other small things and we won't be far from competing. Let's say 90 points wins the title. If you can win 17 games at home then you're only short roughly 35 points. That's about ten wins away from home, eminently possible. We once won 14 at home with SBR iirc. It's not impossible. It's not going to happen in the next two or three years but beyond that I wouldn't close the possibility.

I'll have a pint of what you've just had.

:thup:

And no Dortmund have  not spend much at all : http://www.transfermarkt.de/de/borussia-dortmund/transfers-alle/verein_16.html

Didn't realise it would be quite so stark, they've barely spent a penny (net).

Of course the issue in the Premier League isn't necessarily how good your team is but how deep your squad is. That's why it's critically important to have a good youth set-up and to have a manager who is adept at integrating those youngsters into the first team.

In many ways that is the most damning indictment of Pardew's management - his management of the young players has been absolutely abominable and him hoying them all into the frying pan against Brighton and against Bruges and them blaming them for performing like shite was fucking disgraceful. He bangs the drum on a regular basis about needing his strongest team to be able to perform at a level even approaching acceptable - quite apart from the fact that he can't even manage that when he pretty much does have that team, they are the words of a man admitting he is not up to Premier League management right there.

That shit with the youngsters had me seething. I actually thought he seemed like a decent man manager up to that point. More fool me.

Bet he definitely wishes he hasn't finished fifth like. Not just the Europa League but raised expectations too, in a job where he knew he'd be safe coming in tenth.

He's hoping we've forgotten though. The "a few signings and we could break the top ten" patter is absolutely lifting. :lol:

Guest Slippery Sam

Bet he definitely wishes he hasn't finished fifth like. Not just the Europa League but raised expectations too, in a job where he knew he'd be safe coming in tenth.

He's hoping we've forgotten though. The "a few signings and we could break the top ten" patter is absolutely lifting. :lol:

You're probably right. He probably couldn't sleep at night in utter amazement at how well things were unexpectedly going for him.

I always thought his remit was to finish 10th, but Golfmag (who, after reading his posts for some time, I think is pretty close to the pin - pun intended - in respects of the truth at NUFC) reckons it's 8th, so I think Pardew is well below the asking this term.

I still can't see him going at the end of this season - unless we're relegated, which I hope upon hope doesn't happen - as Ashley and Dekka love the yes man they've got. They know that the shit they pull is nearly always having to excuse it in the media. I bet they're having group wanks when they see him on tv covering their nonsense.

My only concern, as voiced by many others, is the question of whether we have the right people in-charge who can bring in a real manager. Probably even someone European, who can work with our continental squad. Not a clogger in the mould of Kinnear / Pards.

You're probably right. He probably couldn't sleep at night in utter amazement at how well things were unexpectedly going for him.

I always thought his remit was to finish 10th, but Golfmag (who, after reading his posts for some time, I think is pretty close to the pin - pun intended - in respects of the truth at NUFC) reckons it's 8th, so I think Pardew is well below the asking this term.

I still can't see him going at the end of this season - unless we're relegated, which I hope upon hope doesn't happen - as Ashley and Dekka love the yes man they've got. They know that the shit they pull is nearly always having to excuse it in the media. I bet they're having group wanks when they see him on tv covering their nonsense.

They said 8th at the start of the season but Pards over egged it with Cl talk the prat.

A big question for me is how much cash do we lose going from 8th to a potential 15th or so. We know that Ashley hates losing his pennies.

£800k a place last season in merit payment iirc, so we're looking at £5 or 6m.

To go on top of the £20m that was spent in January buying this fucking cretin half a team to ensure we stayed up.....which still isn't secure with just 4 games to go.

Stability costs money. :neutral: