Alan Pardew

Dave

Imagine if we hadn't signed them man, just imagine. We'd genuinely have been down weeks ago with a squad that finished 5th last time.

And some people still want him to stay. :undecided:

Was thinking about this before, we'd be on the same points as QPR & Reading.

A big question for me is how much cash do we lose going from 8th to a potential 15th or so. We know that Ashley hates losing his pennies.

Over £5m.

TV money will go up because of the new package, but maybe proportionally less for being less attractive to put on the box next season?

Imagine if we hadn't signed them man, just imagine. We'd genuinely have been down weeks ago with a squad that finished 5th last time.

Ba was a big loss tbf. But yes.

I think drastic action would have been taken (that is, Pardew being removed) if it ever escalated to such a low level, ie. being in the relegation zone for more than a couple of weeks in say, February/March.

Also would imagine we've brought in less TV money domestically but made up for it with gate receipts/TV money for the Europa.

We're on course to be on TV 15 times in the Premier League, as opposed to 18 times last year. That's about £1.5m less brass.

Currently having an ongoing discussion with a bloke at work about this. He reckons all of his mates are all coming round to my way of thinking and all want him out after previously being behind him. He can't understand it and his only defence of Pardew seems to consist of "well the next bloke they hire may be worse". That's it. His only remaining reason for not pulling the trigger is that the replacement may be worse.

Mentally ill tbh.

Another thought on Ashley's reasoning here.

Players are signed on very long contracts to protect them as assets. But when the assets are now decreasing in value - surely he must be concerned?

I thought this was a good and summarizing piece on all that has gone on this year. Also raises some questions. Did someone on here write it?

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/newcastleunited/id/818?cc=5739

Currently having an ongoing discussion with a bloke at work about this. He reckons all of his mates are all coming round to my way of thinking and all want him out after previously being behind him. He can't understand it and his only defence of Pardew seems to consist of "well the next bloke they hire may be worse". That's it. His only remaining reason for not pulling the trigger is that the replacement may be worse.

Mentally ill tbh.

Most of my mates on Facebook seem to want to keep him like, not sure why.  London-based ones don't though.  Not sure what the craic is here. :lol:

Also would imagine we've brought in less TV money domestically but made up for it with gate receipts/TV money for the Europa.

We're on course to be on TV 15 times in the Premier League, as opposed to 18 times last year. That's about £1.5m less brass.

And Ashley is due to take out another £18m on his loan this year too isn't he? Or is it £11m? One or the other either way.

Stability fucking rules.

Ba was a big loss tbf. But yes.

He was but it's hardly like we'd been any better off this season when he was here. When he was sold we were at the back end of the worst run of form in about 40 years!

Mentally ill tbh.

I have debates with a lad I know, season ticket holder, home and away, never misses. He's a Pardew fan and his usual reasoning for shooting me down is 'stability', which is crazy.

However, his latest point was 'like fuck is this as bad as teh relegation season, we've been far worse off than this', as if that is a reason to keep a manager? wtf is wrong with these people?

I hate that word in football, stability. It doesn't even mean anything. Surely being two places off relegation with four games to go is the very definition of unstable.

For every Man United, there's a Chelsea, for Arsenal there's Spurs. Fucking Bayern Munich have been through a manager a year for the past six frigging years, and we think we're the clever ones for putting an idiot in charge and giving him a long contract. Jesus fucking Christ man.

EDIT: Bayern not quite that bad, I counted caretakers, but still one every couple of seasons.

Mentally ill tbh.

I have debates with a lad I know, season ticket holder, home and away, never misses. He's a Pardew fan and his usual reasoning for shooting me down is 'stability', which is crazy.

However, his latest point was 'like fuck is this as bad as teh relegation season, we've been far worse off than this', as if that is a reason to keep a manager? wtf is wrong with these people?

Yeah I've had that one and actually used Wullie's financially stable = always in overdraft analogy and he still didn't get it. Being absolutely dogshit is something that should provoke change not endorse stability.

We've been terrible and have moved backwards as a club. Let's keep everything the same and do nothing. Everything's going in the wrong direction - winning less, losing more, scoring less, shipping more, plummeting down the league, performances are rank and the manager isn't capable of doing a fucking thing to halt it.

But let's keep him in charge for the sake of stability. It's madness and it'll get worse the longer he stays. He needs to fucking go, man. 

I can only assume a lot of people felt quite embarrassed at the reputation we got for chopping and changing managers so often, binning them four games in etc.

Couldn't care less me, more bothered about being able to win games. If they're clearly not the right man, bin them, regardless of whether you figure that after fifteen games or five hundred.

Another thought on Ashley's reasoning here.

Players are signed on very long contracts to protect them as assets. But when the assets are now decreasing in value - surely he must be concerned?

I thought this was a good and summarizing piece on all that has gone on this year. Also raises some questions. Did someone on here write it?

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/newcastleunited/id/818?cc=5739

Interesting to see Mark Douglas retweet it.

Guest firetotheworks

I hate that word in football, stability. It doesn't even mean anything. Surely being two places off relegation with four games to go is the very definition of unstable.

For every Man United, there's a Chelsea, for Arsenal there's Spurs. f***ing Bayern Munich have been through a manager a year for the past six frigging years, and we think we're the clever ones for putting an idiot in charge and giving him a long contract. Jesus f***ing Christ man.

Nah, I disagree. All of the teams that you've mentioned there can negate stability by throwing money at the problem and can still fail, relatively speaking. Stability for us/Everton/Villa etc is clearly important to an extent if you can see things are going in the right direction, you have the right manager, or there are genuine, substantial factors that are out of control and can be attributed to under-performances.

I don't think there's any need to look past Pardew just simply being completely the wrong manager. Stability means something, it just means nothing if, for example, it's the equivalent of your parents fighting every day but staying unhappily married.

Guest neesy111

The thing is with the set-up of Carr and our scouting network, you can change managers and still have stability within the personnel within reason.

Bird's received a load of feedback on Twitter for that crap article, lots of mentions of set pieces, Cabaye/Sissoko, sitting on leads. It's good that these are being highlighted, particularly the latter 2, hopefully some relevant questions will be asked come Thursday.

For every Man United, there's a Chelsea, for Arsenal there's Spurs. f***ing Bayern Munich have been through a manager a year for the past six frigging years, and we think we're the clever ones for putting an idiot in charge and giving him a long contract. Jesus f***ing Christ man.

Nah, I disagree. All of the teams that you've mentioned there can negate stability by throwing money at the problem and can still fail, relatively speaking. Stability for us/Everton/Villa etc is clearly important to an extent if you can see things are going in the right direction, you have the right manager, or there are genuine, substantial factors that are out of control and can be attributed to under-performances.

I don't think there's any need to look past Pardew just simply being completely the wrong manager. Stability means something, it just means nothing if, for example, it's the equivalent of your parents fighting every day but staying unhappily married.

I'm not sure Spurs fall into that category.

It's genuinely frightening to think about that. No doubt we'd be alongside Wigan at the most imo.

Mentally ill tbh.

Most of my mates on Facebook seem to want to keep him like, not sure why.  London-based ones don't though.  Not sure what the craic is here. :lol:

Aye, I have a canny few who not only want to keep him but keep on prattling on about everyone else being fickle. I have to bite my tongue (or just, err, not type) as I really cannot be fucked with Facebook arguments so just let them get on with it. Ironically they're loudest right after one of Pardew's rare victories and have been pretty quiet since the mackem thrashing.

Just seen this Pardew quote on twitter, RE Tiote.

"There is so much more to come from him if we can get him out of just popping it off safely."

Aye he basically said that along with something else about him being our Essien. I don't want to lay all of blame for Tiote's form on Pardew mind but it hardly reads well.

You think that's bad? Even after spending all that money, if Cisse hadn't scored that winner in the 3rd minute of injury time against Fulham we'd be facing relegation. Even now we have doubts, but to consider we are in this position with a team full of internationals is scandalous tbh.