Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

:lol: John Carver sat next to him asking "What's the one where the rocket comes oot, and there's aal chinkies, jumpin' doon?"

:lol:

They were all stood around laughing at a bloke that had fallen asleep at the end.

4-4-2 :(  :'(

As it is now the space between our CM and striker/s is way too big, we need a link in between there as right now both of ours sit too deep and lack movement so it's very easy for the opposition to press and crowd us out centrally and that takes away most good options for our defenders to pass to, especially our not so good ball players at the back. We need one more body there to draw some attention from the opposition to give our central midfield som more space which will result in us having some more time on the ball and play it more on the deck from the first third to the last one.

In a 4-4-2 we barely never have any playing depth in midfield as we only have two players there and none of them are of the style like for example Kieron Dyer was, a player who with some good runs could give us that depth centrally despite only playing with two men in the middle. It forces our wingers to start from a too deep position, especially HBA who's our most dangerous and creative player.

We have to have that third body, none of our strikers/cm are perfect for the system we play now.

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew thinks the pressure is all on Brendan Rodgers and his "vulnerable" Liverpool side ahead of their Premier League clash at Anfield on Sunday.

"There's a little bit more pressure at Liverpool because of the stature and the trophies that they've won," Pardew said ahead of the game. "It's a period for Brendan and the team when they're evolving and when they're evolving they're vulnerable."

:anguish:

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew thinks the pressure is all on Brendan Rodgers and his "vulnerable" Liverpool side ahead of their Premier League clash at Anfield on Sunday.

"There's a little bit more pressure at Liverpool because of the stature and the trophies that they've won," Pardew said ahead of the game. "It's a period for Brendan and the team when they're evolving and when they're evolving they're vulnerable."

:anguish:

Nothing wrong with that! :smug:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20183213

Alan Pardew says his side believe they can finish in top four

By Ben Smith BBC Sport

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew says his team believe they can finish in the top four of the Premier League this season.

The St James' Park club missed out on qualifying for the Champions League last season and are 10th at the moment.

But when asked if they could finish in the top four this time, Pardew said: "Yes I do. I genuinely do. I still think we are in a good position."

Newcastle face Liverpool on Sunday, looking for a first league win at Anfield in 18 years.  But Pardew is confident his side can end that barren run.

"I believe I can win every game," Pardew told the BBC's Football Focus programme.

"I am Newcastle manager, I shouldn't be in a job if I don't think I can win every game.

"We beat Manchester United 3-0 at home last year so if that doesn't give you confidence nothing will."

Pardew spoke of his respect for Liverpool and their manager Brendan Rodgers but admitted he had been left baffled by the lack of backing his counterpart received in the summer transfer window.

"I felt for him in the last window because he wasn't given the tools," said Pardew. "He lost a striker that he made clear wasn't the striker for him and he should've been replaced but he wasn't. He was always on the back foot from that."

Pardew fought off a number of approaches for his top players during the transfer window and insisted they would not be allowed to leave on the cheap.

"It was a tough summer. I convinced [owner] Mike [Ashley] that we needed another year with this team," said the Magpies boss.

"We deserved it after last year, so we kept it all together even though some big hitters came in. But they are going to have to pay a lot of money for our players.

"Trust me. We don't sell anyone cheap. Whoever we sell will be at the right price for us to move forward. It is the only way we can compete."

Top 4 :yao:

(Fast forward to May when we finish 4th :okay:)

Seriously though, top 4 is really beyond us. Top 7/8 will do me.

Chelsea have pulled away from us, Everton may have closed on us, but Arsenal & Spurs seem to be the same as last year...in Arsenal's case, worse imo. Don't think it's too outrageous to fancy 4th still.

Top 4 :yao:

(Fast forward to May when we finish 4th :okay:)

Seriously though, top 4 is really beyond us. Top 7/8 will do me.

Chelsea have pulled away from us, Everton may have closed on us, but Arsenal & Spurs seem to be the same as last year...in Arsenal's case, worse imo. Don't think it's too outrageous to fancy 4th still.

Whilst we aren't far away from 4th (4 points away aren't we?), our performances have been well below par. If our performances don't improve soon, we're going to find ourselves a long way from the top 6, let alone the top 4. I do trust Pardew to get things clicking sooner rather than later though but as it stands, we're realistically looking at the top 7/8 imho.