Thoughts on this summer's transfer window

Wallace
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Better to be well ran club then one in a total financial mess.

Better to reinvest on the pitch than have a healthier P&L account.

Who on earth would argue otherwise?

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/sundaysun/dec2011/7/2/martin-o-neill-image-2-200526404.jpg

:bluestar:

Only if you have the money to hand and the right players are available at the right price.

Guest BooBoo

Is the club so skint that we can only afford £3million in the summer following our highest place finish in ten years?

Is the club so skint that we can only afford £3million in the summer following our highest place finish in ten years?

I suspect we are in negotiations with a few players but we are not going to pay over the odds for them and put club finances at risk.

I think its pretty straight forward  :lol:

Only if you have the money to hand and the right players are available at the right price.

What a bizarre defence of the indefensible? It's short-sighted idiocy.

We're generating profits which will grow, the only reason MA has to put his hand in his pocket is because he insists on paying all fees upfront but he lets us get paid on the never never (Carroll aside). You mean to tell me there is not a better RB out there at a reasonable price? What about a French International who did well at the Euros?

From a financial perspective if I remember rightly where we also fell down was that our commercial revenue had actually shrank since MA arrived, that's apparently DL's remit and he's failing spectacularly. European football and attracting a better class of football might actually aid DL grow this revenue stream, but it appears we're far more interested in future re-sale value than organic growth as a football club. It's why people continually question motives and intentions.

History tells us since MA revealed the type of person he is, one window apart, January just passed, we know what's going to happen.

We're generating profits which will grow, the only reason MA has to put his hand in his pocket is because he insists on paying all fees upfront but he lets us get paid on the never never (Carroll aside). You mean to tell me there is not a better RB out there at a reasonable price? What about a French International who did well at the Euros?

From a financial perspective if I remember rightly where we also fell down was that our commercial revenue had actually shrank since MA arrived, that's apparently DL's remit and he's failing spectacularly. European football and attracting a better class of football might actually aid DL grow this revenue stream, but it appears we're far more interested in future re-sale value than organic growth as a football club. It's why people continually question motives and intentions.

History tells us since MA revealed the type of person he is, one window apart, January just passed, we know what's going to happen.

Jesus man, look at the squad we have, quite good right.

We are keeping our best players (so far)

We are doing something right, our additions have been spot on the last years.

I want more players, at least a RB, dont get me wrong. But frankly we have no clue whats going on in the negotiations with Lille or any other clubs.

Goddamn man, get some air :lol:

I want more players, at least a RB, dont get me wrong. But frankly we have no clue whats going on in the negotiations with Lille or any other clubs.

But goddamn man, get some air :lol:

I'll excuse you for not understanding as you're foreign, but yeah my favourite colour is green as I said above.

With the current club policy we were promoted, stabilised and then finished 5th the season after.

The club is still in a transition and growing.

We are just being careful.

Im really sorry that Mike and Decker have not bought the players you want and are frustrated by this.

The thing is every club needs to move forward and that for us is adding quality to the first team and squad every year, every team does it just look at Fergie at Man United every year he tweaks and adds 1 or 2 who can give the squad that little bit extra. We are no different and after last years finish in 5th it is the ideal time to add that bit extra to ensure we keep up with the likes of the Spurs and Liverpools and make it a given that we are there in that top 6 competing for that elusive 4th spot which will make us kick on further. This summers transfer window IMO will just emphasise that last season was a flash in the pan which is a crying shame. We shouldnt piss about with bids that are lower than the selling club is asking for. For the sake of a couple of million we are going to miss out on our main targets. In the meantime our main rivals for the top 6 spots seem to be strengthening their squads. FFS if the mackems can lash out upto 30M on players why the hell cant we spend the required amount needed to push on in this division

Without investment all of last seasons hard work and endeavour in raising the profile of the club will be in vain we will slip back to a mid table side and this time next year we will be looking at a season without the likes of Cabaye,Tiote and Cisse as these players will naturally want to play for a club challenging for honours not a mid table plodder

Rant over now Ashley,Dekka sign somefucker FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The thing is every club needs to move forward and that for us is adding quality to the first team and squad every year, every team does it just look at Fergie at Man United every year he tweaks and adds 1 or 2 who can give the squad that little bit extra. We are no different and after last years finish in 5th it is the ideal time to add that bit extra to ensure we keep up with the likes of the Spurs and Liverpools and make it a given that we are there in that top 6 competing for that elusive 4th spot which will make us kick on further. This summers transfer window IMO will just emphasise that last season was a flash in the pan which is a crying shame. We shouldnt p*ss about with bids that are lower than the selling club is asking for. For the sake of a couple of million we are going to miss out on our main targets. In the meantime our main rivals for the top 6 spots seem to be strengthening their squads. FFS if the mackems can lash out upto 30M on players why the hell cant we spend the required amount needed to push on in this division

Without investment all of last seasons hard work and endeavour in raising the profile of the club will be in vain we will slip back to a mid table side and this time next year we will be looking at a season without the likes of Cabaye,Tiote and Cisse as these players will naturally want to play for a club challenging for honours not a mid table plodder

Rant over now Ashley,Dekka sign somefucker FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok squidger.

With the current club policy we were promoted, stabilised and then finished 5th the season after.

The club is still in a transition and growing.

We are just being careful.

Im really sorry that Mike and Decker have not bought the players you want and are frustrated by this.

The current club policy was stumbled upon following relegation and it resulted in last season a season beyond our wildest imagination, the club has returned to profit, those profits are going to increase again.

The way to grow is by increasing revenues that are not being maximised as I mentioned above, being careful? It short-sighted, inflexible and suggests no long term planning whatsoever, as I've said that's why people continue to question motives while apologists say wait until the next window and only then will we fully know his intentions, one arrived conveniently January just gone.

I'm not frustrated, I expect it, I remember previous windows, like last Summer's when Pardew was livid and so was the entire fan base, a good season helped us forget that, as it helped us forget our desperation for a CB in January where we missed out on a target for the sake of a half a million quid, that CB still hasn't arrived, despite MA asking Pardew in January when he was arriving (Good has replaced Kadar).

Myopia defended by the myopic is not news either.

Sometimes you have to pay more than what you think something's worth if you really want it though, that's football and that's life. To do so once or twice doesn't necessarily mean you're "putting the club's finances at risk" either.

I don't like paying fifteen quid for a burger and a drink in the airport but hey, I'm hungry and my euros are no good when the transfer window closes.

Guest BooBoo

Exactly. People are too caught up in this "sensible financial model" bullshit. Some would rather hang a balance sheet on their wall where they used to have posters up of our good players.

Would signing Debuchy for what Lille want bankrupt us? Would it fuck, it would transform us though, a total no brainer of a deal, but MA the gambler is at the blackjack table until deadline day, let's hope it's another one that pays off.

But goddamn man, get some air :lol:

I'll excuse you for not understanding as you're foreign, but yeah my favourite colour is green as I said above.

:lol: Yes, me being foreign has a lot to do with my understanding. Such a childish argument man, but go on :lol:

The fact is you get wound up by the media/twitter/forum bandwagon in regards to signing players, while the fact is we know jack shit of whats going on behind the scene. If everything was as easy as some here are going on about Debuchy, i am sure he would be a  NUFC player by now.

Obviously its not as straight forward, and i think Lille hold out for top dollar for this lad despite what the media says about rumored transfer fees.