Chelsea 2 - 0 Newcastle United - 25/08/12 - post-fart reaction from page 35

Dave

You'd think if we were so unfit that Spurs would have caused us more problems in the last ten minutes when chasing a draw. What actually happened was that we pissed it.

And then we played Chelsea. Where's this overwhelming evidence for lack of fitness? We weren't as good as Chelsea? This was one of the best five performances we've put in at Stamford Bridge in my lifetime so the teams that Bobby used to send there to get beat 5-0 every year must have been struggling to cling onto life, never mind unfit.

Is this what it's going to be like every time we get beat this year? Panic stations? Could understand if it was bloody Reading but Chelsea? Bizarre.

Disappointed but you could see from the off (and in the Spurs game for that matter) that we're just not fit - or more saliently, our spine is not fit. Hopefully we'll have too much quality for Villa, and then (and i've never said this before) thank fuck for the international break. Move on.

To continue getting pissed...

It's nothing to do with losing to Chelsea.....

It's being concerned of the long term implications of playing 4-4-2 and restricting some of our best players.

I'm not bothered about losing to Chelsea, i'm bothered about the long-term implications of ignoring the fact that 4-4-2 really doesn't work for Cisse, Cabaye and Ben Arfa from a goal scoring and creating sense.

Disappointed but you could see from the off (and in the Spurs game for that matter) that we're just not fit - or more saliently, our spine is not fit. Hopefully we'll have too much quality for Villa, and then (and i've never said this before) thank f*** for the international break. Move on.

To continue getting p*ssed...

Our central midfield have been out-numbered in both of our league games, no wonder the spine looks unfit.

Who's panicking?

It's being concerned of the long term implications of playing 4-4-2 and restricting some of our best players.

I'm not bothered about losing to Chelsea, i'm bothered about the long-term implications of ignoring the fact that 4-4-2 really doesn't work for Cisse, Cabaye and Ben Arfa from a goal scoring and creating sense.

You'd think if we were so unfit that Spurs would have caused us more problems in the last ten minutes when chasing a draw. What actually happened was that we pissed it.

And then we played Chelsea. Where's this overwhelming evidence for lack of fitness? We weren't as good as Chelsea? This was one of the best five performances we've put in at Stamford Bridge in my lifetime so the teams that Bobby used to send there to get beat 5-0 every year must have been struggling to cling onto life, never mind unfit.

Is this what it's going to be like every time we get beat this year? Panic stations? Could understand if it was bloody Reading but Chelsea? Bizarre.

You have been on here long enough Wullie, you know what it gets like after a defeat. :lol: :lol:

So annoying that so many influential players are off the boil at once.

We had 3 chances to score, 2 of which should have been buried. Ben Arfa's was a little more difficult, but should have at least hit the target.

Hopefully things will start to click a bit more soon.

Who's panicking?

Being concerned about 4-4-2 restricting our best players and this has been proven more than once and not just today, is panicking?

righto :thup:

Who's panicking? So tedious reading people who go on like that. People are disappointed and have some concerns = panicking/craving drama/this is the end. Complete nonsense.

What concerns? That we're not as good as Chelsea on their own patch?

We created a decent amount of chances and didn't give them too many clear cut ones either. On a different day, we could easily have come away with something. What more did you expect?

Who's panicking? So tedious reading people who go on like that. People are disappointed and have some concerns = panicking/craving drama/this is the end. Complete nonsense.

We created a decent amount of chances and didn't give them too many clear cut ones either. On a different day, we could easily have come away with something. What more did you expect?

To give them a fight.

Eh? No. I expected us to get beat.

Like Mole, my concern is that Pardew favours a 4-4-2. Also that the likes of Cabaye don't look fully fit.

It´s not about the defeat. It´s about how we got beaten. I´m just amazed how content so many are with a defeat.

How did we get beat? 2-0, one of those a penalty? Hardly 5-2 at Fulham, 5-0 at Spurs, 4-0 at Wigan is it, and I think the European Champions are a bit better than them.

To give them a fight.

Fucking hell you're a drone.

i expected to get hammered, thought we were just getting into the game when we gave away the pen and lost our way until the 2nd half when we were played okay but they had taken their foot off the gas a bit. Need to take our chances when we get them though.

To give them a fight.

We created chances, that's a hell of a lot more than better Newcastle teams than this have done on that ground.

Disappointed but you could see from the off (and in the Spurs game for that matter) that we're just not fit - or more saliently, our spine is not fit. Hopefully we'll have too much quality for Villa, and then (and i've never said this before) thank f*** for the international break. Move on.

To continue getting p*ssed...

Our central midfield have been out-numbered in both of our league games, no wonder the spine looks unfit.

Still drinking.

Cabaye is so patently unfit atm I don't need to justify that assessment with a response.

Cisse and Ba not being able to trap a ball and misplacing very easy balls doesn't strike me as a outnumbering issue.

Colo would usually own post-Liverpool Torres imo, certainly not permitting him such ludicrous space ahead of our defence.

Not too dispirited, don't think chelsea were owt special though so the impending media praise will be quite annoying.

Colo looked rusty to me. Would usually own post-Torres

I'm concerned that we are buying technical players that are designed for modern systems such as 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 and we use 4-4-2.

It's a concern i have had for a long time it has nothing to with today's result.

It's an overriding frustration because of how we played 4-3-3 and how it suits the team and we simply just play better and then we go back to 4-4-2 which restricts our best players.

We lost today fair enough, you can lose games especially away to a team like that but it's the fact we are using system that restricts out best players is what frustrates me and it's not just today that has made me feel this way.

I don't understand why folk have it in their heads that Pardew is some 4-4-2 worshipper and that we are doomed to play in this formation for the rest of his spell as manager. Pardew showed last season that he is a tactical pragmatist who doesn't stick to a single pattern of play and instead goes with the system that he thinks will win the game. I think that Pardew prefers to play a rigid, disciplined 4-4-2 against the better sides (with some payoffs by the way: Man Utd last season, Chelsea away. Even all our victories before we signed Cisse) and a more expansive 4-3-3 against teams we should be picking up points (West Brom away, Stoke home). To assume that we're going 4-4-2 for the rest of the season on the basis of playing two games against two top sides is a bit of a knee-jerk imo.

To give them a fight.

We created chances, that's a hell of a lot more than better Newcastle teams than this have done on that ground.

You could also say those Chelsea sides were better than the current one is.

I'm concerned that we are buying technical players that are designed for modern systems such as 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 and we use 4-4-2.

It's a concern i have had for a long time it has nothing to with today's result.

It's an overriding frustration because of how we played 4-3-3 and how it suits the team and we simply just play better and then we go back to 4-4-2 which restricts our best players.

We lost today fair enough, you can lose games especially away to a team like that but it's the fact we are using system that restricts out best players is what frustrates me and it's not just today that has made me feel this way.

Do you not think the manager took into account the fact that we played 4-4-2 in our only two wins against teams in the top six last season?