NUFC v Atromitos - Thursday 30/08/12 @ 8pm - Live on ITV4 (and ITV4+1!)

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest Argileye

Really disappointed with the fan's attitude so far. Bought four tickets for tomorrow and only one of my friends is confirmed so far. It seems all the rest are invoking the same excuse: 'it's on TV and it's against a s**t side'. Well, need to clean up my contacts' list it seems...  :dave:

Armchair mags out in force for this game. Can see a horrendous attendence tomorrow for a european game. Wait till the glory hunters come running back when we play a team they love to be on FIFA in the group/knockout stages.

Not taking too much risk, while giving game times to some fringe and unfit player.

Krul

Simpson  Willi  Colo  Raylor

Bigi  Cabs  Jonas

Marv                        Amalfitano

Ba

Cisse shoul be rested IYAM.

And also Santon after his full running display in 2nd half at chelsea, we need him fresh @villa.

Would be more than happy to see that team out tomorrow. Lots of people seem to be playing this game down for some reason and apparently we've only shifted 17,000 tickets. The great season we had last year, all that hard work put in, well this is our reward. Going out in August, before the group stages would be a disaster in my opinion, maybe not on the same scale as the Partizan Belgrade game, but would make all that hard work put in last season look rather pointless.

I just hope Pardew and the players are taking it more seriously than the supporters seem to be.

Like i said earlier in the thread... This game should of been free with a ST... Big crowd... Cheer us on into the group stage hopefully... Also the fact that we've a small squad now than last season seems to suggest the club aren't taking it serious either... If Debuchy/Douglas/Remy etc was making his debut I think you'll  find a few more thousand going...

Armchair mags out in force for this game. Can see a horrendous attendence tomorrow for a european game. Wait till the glory hunters come running back when we play a team they love to be on FIFA in the group/knockout stages.

Just booked 3 tickets for this, East stand pretty full, Milburn the same in middle sections. Loads left in Gallowgate and Leazes - reckon 25k max

Pointless having a go at the people who won't be there. We've got a game a few days later which would set you back at least £50 (tickets, travel, food etc) if you were going to both. A bad attendance at Villa would be far more annoying.

Guest neesy111

If I hear one more 'I'm not going, its on TV' I may actually vomit. Who actually wants to watch football on ITV ffs :anguish:

Those people who aren't flushed with spare cash which during these tough economic conditions is quite a few.

Guest Argileye

If I hear one more 'I'm not going, its on TV' I may actually vomit. Who actually wants to watch football on ITV ffs :anguish:

I am curious to see how many Greeks will be showing up for this.

Those people who aren't flushed with spare cash which during these tough economic conditions is quite a few.

Yeah, I are one of those people.

Thats 'I'm not going, I cant afford it'. Totally different box of frogs

Was looking online for a couple of tickets yesterday as I thought I had a freebie but actually didn't.

Have to say all the areas I preferred were pretty much sold out - certainly couldn't find two together.

I know L7 is not being sold but should still be an OK gate, probably about the same an an (untelevised) league match at the SoL.

None of my mates are up for this and I wanted to go, couldn't go by myself, especially with it not being a full house.

The amount of mates who have said they aren't bothered about going or they will just watch it on TV is ridiculous, we went to every single game the last two times we've been in Europe.

Looks like I'll be watching this on TV with a crate.

None of my mates are up for this and I wanted to go, couldn't go by myself, especially with it not being a full house.

The amount of mates who have said they aren't bothered about going or they will just watch it on TV is ridiculous, we went to every single game the last two times we've been in Europe.

why can't you go on your own?

Guest salmon

In the exact same boat as you, would have thought loads would be up for this. Thursday night, get hammered afterwards, seems good to me

You won't be by yourself mate, there'll still thousands going by all accounts :lol:

Well we don't and won't have the squad for a proper run in this now. Wonder how Pards will approach it.

Aye, will be a team consisting of Perch, Ryan Taylor, Perch, Williamson, Bigirimana, Tavernier, Gosling, Vuckic, Abeid, Sammy, Campbell, Shola, Obertan and Marveaux.

Probably struggle to make it through the group stages.

The fact that we are back in europe should be enough for people to want to go and watch us tbh. Fuck watching it on TV, 15 quid a ticket is not bad. Made me think though (Which is always dangerous), should the club offer Season ticket holders deals for cup games - like £10 or something to try and get more through the doors (keep prices at 15/20 for non season ticket holders). I know this may not go down well for some but surely the club would make more money and ticket holders would more likely take them up on that, a full house, more spending in ground etc. Pisses me off that no one turns up for Cup Europa/League/FA or otherwise. Its a dreadful atmosphere and a full house or circa 40,000 would certainly help our chances going through. I plan to go to all home games (I have watched on TV before when we are at home once or twice over years and hated it) - need to be there if at home tbh

People wouldn't turn up if it was 50p entry if it's against a side nobody has heard of till now and it's on TV. Much easier to sit in the comfort of your own living room with the glorious television beaming live coverage from SJP.

Ashley has done his bit by reducing the prices, unfortunately it doesn't seem like the fans are going to be holding there end of the bargain and are happy enough to see all those empty seats in the background.

People wouldn't turn up if it was 50p entry if it's against a side nobody has heard of till now and it's on TV. Much easier to sit in the comfort of your own living room with the glorious television beaming live coverage from SJP.

Ashley has done his bit by reducing the prices, unfortunately it doesn't seem like the fans are going to be holding there end of the bargain and are happy enough to see all those empty seats in the background.

:lol: Why are you so angry about this? When have we ever had a full house for a cup game against a minnow which is also on TV?

I would go..

Harper

Simpson Williamson Perch R. Taylor

Amalfitano  Bigi Anita  Marv

Cisse Campbell

I don't like 4-4-2 but that should be more than enough to beat these.