NUFC v Atromitos - Thursday 30/08/12 @ 8pm - Live on ITV4 (and ITV4+1!)

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Shame he wasnt fit in the first game. We were screaming out for him over Gosling behind Cisse, DG ended up putting in a completely worthless performance as the spare man role which suits Vuckic.

DGos really reminds me of Kevin Nolan with his style, minus the goals.

Fat, slow and cant tackle?

Still too young for the former two, but on the positive side, he seems to have those forward runs in him.

Guest Roger Kint

Was in the training pictures so I'm presuming he'll take part.

Shame he wasnt fit in the first game. We were screaming out for him over Gosling behind Cisse, DG ended up putting in a completely worthless performance as the spare man role which suits Vuckic.

Have so far never seen Gosling play well for us tbh.

Agreed(save for highlights of one of the US friendlies last pre-season which clearly isnt much of a gauge) still think there is a player somewhere in there but probably needs 6 months/season loan to get some much needed football.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/08/30/vuckic-set-to-seize-chance-to-shine-on-euro-stage-72703-31725783/

Pardew will still be without Shola and Sammy Ameobi, Shane Ferguson and Cheick Tiote, who has not appeared since the 2-1 win over Tottenham Hotspur.

Pardew told the Chronicle: “Haris Vuckic’s over a knock, and he’ll be available, which is useful. He’s shown up really well pre-season.

“It could be a chance for him.”

Pardew was understandably keeping his cards close to his chest when it came to his selection.

But he did say that the game with Aston Villa on Sunday was his main priority.

Nevertheless, he said there can be no excuses from the XI nominated tonight to book Newcastle’s place in the Europa League group stages.

The former Crystal Palace player said: “I haven’t really given too many clues out, because I think it’s important that the team’s right to win.

“If we don’t go through, it’ll be probably me who has to take the responsibility.

“I have to do what I think’s right for the football club, and my main focus is Aston Villa.

“I want six points before that international break, and I think we can get them. My focus is on that.

“But I need to win this game. We want to continue in this competition.”

Guest SuperShola!

My tickets are 2 seats away from my season ticket seat. Really looking forward to this. Anyone had any idea on how many tickets have been sold?

Guest neesy111

They didn't look very threatening, except that lad who kept getting behind Tav. I think we should smash them by about 3.

We didn't even look threatening as well.  They aren't the pushovers which people think they are.

Guest Roger Kint

They didn't look very threatening, except that lad who kept getting behind Tav. I think we should smash them by about 3.

We didn't even look threatening as well.  They aren't the pushovers which people think they are.

More to do with the holy trinity of abject football crawling round behind Cisse than their performance though.

I think people are overrating them if anything. Obviously nothing is guaranteed, but play a couple more good players than last time and we should do the job fairly easily IMO.

Which is why I'd not play Tav, as they seemed to spot him as our weak point.

Would probably play Raylor and Santon as full backs but I thought after the goal Tav got to grips with Epstein.

My tickets are 2 seats away from my season ticket seat. Really looking forward to this. Anyone had any idea on how many tickets have been sold?

I had a look on the stadium plan and it looks like the East Stand, 2 blocks of Gallowgate corner and lower Milburn is all but sold out. The rest of the Gallowgate seems 3/4 full and SJH quite empty. Not a great way to work it out but i'd guess 25,000, and obviously the pay on the gate will hopefully bring it near to if not over 30,000.