NUFC v Atromitos - Thursday 30/08/12 @ 8pm - Live on ITV4 (and ITV4+1!)

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I would go with this:

Krul

Raylor  Williamson/Taylor Colo Santon

Bigi    Cabaye

Marveaux      Vuckic      Jonas

Cisse/Ba

Armchair mags out in force for this game. Can see a horrendous attendence tomorrow for a european game. Wait till the glory hunters come running back when we play a team they love to be on FIFA in the group/knockout stages.

We've consistently had horrendous attendances for European Games, it's nothing new and we've not had decent crowds until the quarter finals usually.

People wouldn't turn up if it was 50p entry if it's against a side nobody has heard of till now and it's on TV. Much easier to sit in the comfort of your own living room with the glorious television beaming live coverage from SJP.

Ashley has done his bit by reducing the prices, unfortunately it doesn't seem like the fans are going to be holding there end of the bargain and are happy enough to see all those empty seats in the background.

:lol: Why are you so angry about this? When have we ever had a full house for a cup game against a minnow which is also on TV?

I recall us having 40 odd thousand against Mansfield a few years ago, was the day Shearer scored his 200th goal. Not sure if it was on TV or not but still.

I'll be surprised if we get more than 20K tomorrow night going on what we've sold so far, only really the East stand is close to being full, probably only about 1,200 tickets have been sold in the entire Leazes. It's understandable that people aren't going if they simply can't afford it, but people who can afford it and will go to the pub and watch it there (for example) are pretty much paying £15 by the time they've bought their pints and their taxi home etc. Bit of a shame that we've made such a big deal out of getting into Europe and we can't even half fill our stadium.

Hopefully a comfortable victory anyways, I reckon 2-0.

People wouldn't turn up if it was 50p entry if it's against a side nobody has heard of till now and it's on TV. Much easier to sit in the comfort of your own living room with the glorious television beaming live coverage from SJP.

Ashley has done his bit by reducing the prices, unfortunately it doesn't seem like the fans are going to be holding there end of the bargain and are happy enough to see all those empty seats in the background.

:lol: Why are you so angry about this? When have we ever had a full house for a cup game against a minnow which is also on TV?

I recall us having 40 odd thousand against Mansfield a few years ago, was the day Shearer scored his 200th goal. Not sure if it was on TV or not but still.

I'll be surprised if we get more than 20K tomorrow night going on what we've sold so far, only really the East stand is close to being full, probably only about 1,200 tickets have been sold in the entire Leazes. It's understandable that people aren't going if they simply can't afford it, but people who can afford it and will go to the pub and watch it there (for example) are pretty much paying £15 by the time they've bought their pints and their taxi home etc. Bit of a shame that we've made such a big deal out of getting into Europe and we can't even half fill our stadium.

It's on a free to air channel that 99.9% of the population can watch at home.

Was a decent line at the ticket office today like.

Nowt wrong with going to the match by yourself. I've done it many a time.

I used to travel from London on my own, watch the game on my own, and go home on my own. I wouldn't speak to another soul aside from a couple of words with whoever was sat next to me or to order some food.

I didn't mind because I was going to the game and that was all that mattered.

Guest neesy111

Kinda like sitting by myself, can't make myself look a twat to friends etc also get to know the regulars around you when you a ST.

Guest neesy111

Doesn't help you can't drink in the ground, not that it's an excuse like.

Aye all of those who piss off at 40 mins for a pint will have nothing to go to.

Guest Roger Kint

Was in the training pictures so I'm presuming he'll take part.

Shame he wasnt fit in the first game. We were screaming out for him over Gosling behind Cisse, DG ended up putting in a completely worthless performance as the spare man role which suits Vuckic.

Shame he wasnt fit in the first game. We were screaming out for him over Gosling behind Cisse, DG ended up putting in a completely worthless performance as the spare man role which suits Vuckic.

Have so far never seen Gosling play well for us tbh.

DGos really reminds me of Kevin Nolan with his style, minus the goals.

DGos really reminds me of Kevin Nolan with his style, minus the goals.

Fat, slow and cant tackle?