The deadline day fake bid sweepstake

Tooj

Guest bimpy474

We went for Gignac on loan last deadline day didn't we?

Dont remember that tbh.

I'm just going by what we have done in last few years. No loans in at all i think. And i'm sure i read Pardew saying that the loan market wasn't something we will be looking to explore.

He said that a while back though.

Guest bimpy474

In an ideal world probably but if it gets to Friday and we've got no one, and say PSG offer him to us for a season, I think we'd do that sort of deal.

Aye, love that to be the case. Problem is imo, Ashely wont sanction loans as he thinks its wasted money. Carroll on loan to begin with was only because we would have bought him at the end.

Could be that sort of loan for someone else. Hopefully.

In an ideal world probably but if it gets to Friday and we've got no one, and say PSG offer him to us for a season, I think we'd do that sort of deal.

Aye, love that to be the case. Problem is imo, Ashely wont sanction loans as he thinks its wasted money. Carroll on loan to begin with was only because we would have bought him at the end.

Don't forget Ben Arfa.

We had no problem paying his wages and a £2m loan fee just to get him over, without any guarantee of him choosing to sign on permanently.

Guest bimpy474

Same with Ben Arfa.

We had no problem paying his wages and a £2m loan fee just to get him over, without any guarantee of him choosing to sign on permanently.

I meant after Hoots left mate. We haven't loaned a player since Pardew became manager have we ?

Sometimes i think its an avenue we could look down more, try before you buy and all that,

Same with Ben Arfa.

I meant after Hoots left mate. We haven't loaned a player since Pardew became manager have we ?

Sometimes i think its an avenue we could look down more, try before you buy and all that,

Not sure Pards would take a different stance to Hughton; Think he was just suggesting we wouldn't do standard loans to benifit a players development for another club.

As you say, if we are pretty certain we can sign them at some stage during or at the end of the loan, I don't think Ashley has any problem going for it.