Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do we think that the Frenchies in our squad will be more impressed with Remy in the squad than Ba and they won't see this as a lack of ambition and take the grump?

It seems to be out of our hands unfortunately. If Ba goes it's because he wants to go - all we can do if offer him improved terms (which we have done). If he chooses not to sign the new deal then I don't think other first team players will blame that on Pardew or the board.

If we didn't replace him with someone decent or not at all, that's when I think we'd see some serious discontent from other players.

Ba going isn't anything to do with ambition or lack of it. It's just to do with the nature of Ba and his advisers really.

A quality replacement would reassure everyone though.

(Before the came) Remy would have been a lot better known to the French players. Ba would have been a nobody to Ben Arfa and co.

It'd be ambitious to buy new players without having to sell others. Another window of hoping other teams pay for our new player/s.

FFS man, this has not happened. And Ba leaving (if he does) is nothing to do with us, we want him to sign.

Ba going isn't anything to do with ambition or lack of it. It's just to do with the nature of Ba and his advisers really.

Ian is hitting this on the nail imo.

It'd be ambitious to buy new players without having to sell others. Another window of hoping other teams pay for our new player/s.

FFS man, this has not happened. And Ba leaving (if he does) is nothing to do with us, we want him to sign.

If Ba stays we're not signing this lad.

Well we'll see. Hopefully!

Well we'll see. Hopefully!

We all know exactly what you're going to say and you'll keep saying it regardless of what's happening.

eon pls  :(

Yeah, I don't agree with Ian much but he's bang on here :)  Ba leaving isn't anything to do with NUFC and all to do with his 'advisors' and financial motivations.

Yeah, I don't agree with Ian much but he's bang on here :)  Ba leaving isn't anything to do with NUFC and all to do with his 'advisors' and financial motivations.

:lol:

This is an easy one to be fair.

:lol:

This is an easy one to be fair.

It feels wrong, don't make me hit you.

Eh? I specifically didn't say anything!

I love how your assumptions are valid and mine are ridiculous... that's fair.

"wait and see" has turned into a catchphrase.

I wouldn't call years of experience of selling players to fund new signings assumptions. Almost every signing we've made since Ashley turned up has been funded by player sales.

I wouldn't call years of experience of selling players to fund new signings assumptions. Almost every signing we've made since Ashley turned up has been funded by player sales.

FFS.

You said we wouldn't sign Remy if Ba stayed. I said that hopefully we would get the chance to find out.

I say enough genuinely stupid things, you don't need to go after the normal stuff.

That's what happens when a club has been losing money, is trying break even and has an ownership that will only put a very finite amount of money into transfers/wages. That and shrewd/clever scouting. We'd best get used to it.

I would his imagine his use of "assumptions" is probably based on your notion that there is some kind of "specific player" for "specific player" plan in place.