Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If this is true then I think Ba will be off in January (which I think will happen regardless)

Who would buy him? Anyone he fancies?

He would have to go abroad if he wants to sign for a top club where he has a good chance of playing every weekend.

maybe wages comes first?

There's a big market for average prem quality players on relatively low wages, the majority of football clubs in the UK will want them bar 10 or so. Can't see any problem shifting Willo, Simpson or Gosling.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/8341150

Marseille's Loic Remy would be keen on a move to Newcastle, Sky Sports understands

Loic Remy: Keen on move in January

Sky Sports understands that Loic Remy would be keen on a move to Newcastle in January.

The 25-year-old has emerged as a realistic option for Newcastle in the New Year, as the long-term future of Demba Ba remains unclear.

Ba's current deal means an offer of £7.5million would be enough to take him from Newcastle.

The Magpies hope Ba will sign a new deal, but they are understood to be making plans should he leave and one of those is Remy - who has previously interested Tottenham and QPR.

Newcastle already have a strong French contingent and that is believed to appeal to Remy - who is keen to try his hand in England.

"They are a very good team," Remy told Sky Sports when asked about Newcastle.

"They are a big club with good players, very good fans and a nice stadium that is always full."

Reports claim that Newcastle are already in talks with Marseille over a deal - but Remy insists he knows nothing about that.

He said: "The window opens in January, and there will be speculation from now until the window closes - if I have to leave then all parties must be happy.

"I have a contract so let's wait and see what happens.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/8341150

Marseille's Loic Remy would be keen on a move to Newcastle, Sky Sports understands

Sky Sports understands that Loic Remy would be keen on a move to Newcastle in January.

The 25-year-old has emerged as a realistic option for Newcastle in the New Year, as the long-term future of Demba Ba remains unclear.

Ba's current deal means an offer of £7.5million would be enough to take him from Newcastle.

The Magpies hope Ba will sign a new deal, but they are understood to be making plans should he leave and one of those is Remy - who has previously interested Tottenham and QPR.

Newcastle already have a strong French contingent and that is believed to appeal to Remy - who is keen to try his hand in England.

"They are a very good team," Remy told Sky Sports when asked about Newcastle.

"They are a big club with good players, very good fans and a nice stadium that is always full."

Reports claim that Newcastle are already in talks with Marseille over a deal - but Remy insists he knows nothing about that.

He said: "The window opens in January, and there will be speculation from now until the window closes - if I have to leave then all parties must be happy.

"I have a contract so let's wait and see what happens.

:yao:

The fact that the story is out now suggests it won't happen.

Cisse signing was out of the blue, why would we allow it to be known that Remy is up for grabs as it leaves clear path for Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal etc. to gazump us.

Would be nice, but it definitely seems Ba is on the way out if true.

Guest neesy111

Hopefully we'll manage to hold onto Ba as well. This clause can't be that amazingly attractive or someone would have activated it already.

Totally agree on that, just think Ba and his advisers are trying a get a deal done for January with a club.

Hopefully we'll manage to hold onto Ba as well. This clause can't be that amazingly attractive or someone would have activated it already.

Totally agree on that, just think Ba and his advisers are trying a get a deal done for January with a club.

Yeah, certainly seems like they are.

I guess the advisers are Ba's problem as well in a way. If it was as easy as getting Ba for £7m plus wages then there would be many suitors I'm sure.

But if it's a case of getting Ba for £7m plus astronomical wages plus a couple of million to his brother and a few cousins, as well as his dodgy knee situation, it might be not be so easy for him to find a good destination.

Obviously if he's only worried about money he might end up at QPR or in Russia or something.