Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Maybe maybe not...we have left ourselves very then. Very thin...maybe a priority was to go get a striker who was ready to start instead of the cheap arsed option.

Instead of an injured player who has a court case hanging over him

That would have been Gomis if his club/agent weren't acting the cunt, I assume. But, that's besides my point. More just taking issue with the 'ffs dis club' posts on the back of the injury news. Most people seemed pretty happy when he signed, as far as I remember.

I seem to remember you taking the piss out of people worrying he'd be out for ages too.

:lol:

Maybe maybe not...we have left ourselves very then. Very thin...maybe a priority was to go get a striker who was ready to start instead of the cheap arsed option.

Instead of an injured player who has a court case hanging over him

That would have been Gomis if his club/agent weren't acting the cunt, I assume. But, that's besides my point. More just taking issue with the 'ffs dis club' posts on the back of the injury news. Most people seemed pretty happy when he signed, as far as I remember.

I seem to remember you taking the piss out of people worrying he'd be out for ages too.

Do you? That's cool. :thup:

Not particularly.

FFS sake this is disastrous !!

Take your fingers out of your arses and sign Thauvin or if not Sinclair NOW !!!! You absolute useless bunch of c**** !!!!!

We can't just rely on HBA creating from the RW !! Its too easy to block off one side/one player. We need some sort of creativity from the left too !!

If HBA gets injured this season which is very plausible given his track record thus far then we are really struggling unnecessarily yet again ...unless we sign one of the above.

Thauvin reportedly available for £10m ish and Sinclair for £6m are exactly the type of players we need or watch us struggle again without them what the f*** are you waiting for Joker ?

The DoF has been bleating on about how important it is for us to bring in strikers.

The manager has been bleating on about how important it is for us to bring in strikers.

Everyone who has the power of observation has been bleating on about how important it is for us to bring in strikers.

Everyone seems to recognise this need.

We bring in a loan signing (in itself not a bad thing) that can't play for at least a month of the opening campaign. Something we knew about when we signed him. If not then it's even more embarrassing.

'ffs dis club' is not a bad way to look at it. Woefully bad planning compounded by seemingly putting all our eggs in the basket of a player who can't play.

Excellent work. :lol:

Not surprised people are 'ffs dis club'.

Like I said, we'd have had Gomis too, but for thrid parties acting the cunt. We should have had another striker in, long before now. I'm not disputing that at all.

We'd have had Gomis if we'd paid the money to make it happen.

Another Machiavellian scheme coming to fruition for Bond-level evil-genius Ashley. Is there no end to his bloodthirsty quest to p*ss off support?

Kind of agree with this sentiment.

I get the impression that they feel the squad, though thin, should be more than strong enough to yield a decent return this season. I reckon if they can get a bargain (or two) "over the line", then fine, if not the only addition before the next transfer window will be a new manager (mid September IMO if we carry on last seasons form).

Guest icemanblue

The DoF has been bleating on about how important it is for us to bring in strikers.

The manager has been bleating on about how important it is for us to bring in strikers.

Everyone who has the power of observation has been bleating on about how important it is for us to bring in strikers.

We bring in a loan signing (in itself not a bad thing) that can't play for at least a month of the opening campaign. Something we knew about when we signed him. If not then it's even more embarrassing.

'ffs dis club' is not a bad way to look at it. Woefully bad planning compounded by seemingly putting all our eggs in the basket of a player who can't play.

Like I said, we'd have had Gomis too, but for thrid parties acting the cunt. We should have had another striker in, long before now. I'm not disputing that at all.

That's true. But, I'm not sure how comfortable I'd have been with being bent over by them/his agent (whatever the situation was). That's hard to accept when we've been left short for the start of the season, I appreciate. However, I can't really blame the club in this case.

Another Machiavellian scheme coming to fruition for Bond-level evil-genius Ashley. Is there no end to his bloodthirsty quest to p*ss off support?

I get the impression that they feel the squad, though thin, should be more than strong enough to yield a decent return this season. I reckon if they can get a bargain (or two) "over the line", then fine, if not the only addition before the next transfer window will be a new manager (mid September IMO if we carry on last seasons form).

Seems like we were prepared to pay a very decent fee for Gomis.

but it is typical of the club to move slower in the transfer market than a three legged tortoise in a tar pool. we've known since january that we've needed to bring at least one striker in this summer, bringing Remy in on loan is fair enough but surely we should have a list of strikers with more than just Gomis name on?  :undecided:

Yeah. I mean, make no mistake, we're run by expert level clowns. And IMO the stupidity of their actions is more consistent with incompetence than it is maliciousness. Ashley/Kinnear/Pardew are not out to annoy anyone; annoyance happens because their decisions are so goddamn stupid, not deliberately agitating.

He'll probably play Ben Arfa up front by himself or with Shola in some sort of 4-4-2. This news doesn't surprise me in the slightest

That's true. But, I'm not sure how comfortable I'd have been with being bent over by them/his agent (whatever the situation was). That's hard to accept when we've been left short for the start of the season, I appreciate. However, I can't really blame the club in this case.

You'd have been uncomfortable? Why? I'd rather we had some good players in the team than taking pride in our bank balance.

He'll probably play Ben Arfa up front by himself or with Shola in some sort of 4-4-2. This news doesn't surprise me in the slightest

False 9! The way forward.

I don't think Pardew knows what a false 9 is :lol: He'll end up lumped forward by himself or some shit

Guest icemanblue

You'd have been uncomfortable? Why? I'd rather we had some good players on the team than taking pride in our bank balance.

Why? Because we'd agreed a fee, as well as terms with the player. Then they wanted us to pay the sell on fee to his former club, or whatever. It's bollocks behaviour, and I'm glad we took a stand. It's more a point of principle, than any concern for our bank balance. I know I'm not the only one to have said this, like.

In any case, I still think he'll end up here. They'll be far less bullish in their demands now time is running out.

False 9! The way forward.

I don't think Pardew knows what a false 9 is :lol: He'll end up lumped forward by himself or some shit

Played it against Anzhi away. Ben Arfa fluffed the one chance he had.

Going into another season with only one fit striker yet some people are happy because we've not been 'held to ransom'  :idiot2:

I'm sure we've scouted more strikers than Gomis, no excuses whatsoever.

I sympathise with the point but still time before the window slams shut. We should be ready now though ideally, I agree.

Whilst I cant disagree that we really need another "proper" centre forward, the problem, & its been a re-occurring theme on this forum for a while, is the lack of creativity. I cant remember too many times last season when I`ve sat head in hands wondering how we`ve missed so many excellent chances. Sure there`s been times when we`ve looked decent, but in the main Cisse has looked isolated & if we cant make the by-line & put one in, we've been fucked: There's been nothing down the middle.

Bizarrely, I`m more inclined to accept that, though it lacks depth, the squad is over par on quality, it just lacks the coaching to provide a cohesive threat up top.

Whilst I cant disagree that we really need another "proper" centre forward, the problem, & its been a re-occurring theme on this forum for a while, is the lack of creativity. I cant remember too many times last season when I`ve sat head in hands wondering how we`ve missed so many excellent chances. Sure there`s been times when we`ve looked decent, but in the main Cisse has looked isolated & if we cant make the by-line & put one in, we've been fucked: There's been nothing down the middle.

Bizarrely, I`m more inclined to accept that, though it lacks depth, the squad is over par on quality, it just lacks the coaching to provide a cohesive threat up top.

I think it's the lack of off-the-ball movement that is the biggest issue. Hopefully Pardew is working on that, and also Remy might provide more fluidity.

You'd have been uncomfortable? Why? I'd rather we had some good players on the team than taking pride in our bank balance.

Why? Because we'd agreed a fee, as well as terms with the player. Then they wanted us to pay the sell on fee to his former club, or whatever. It's bollocks behaviour, and I'm glad we took a stand. It's more a point of principle, than any concern for our bank balance. I know I'm not the only one to have said this, like.

In any case, I still think he'll end up here. They'll be far less bullish in their demands now time is running out.

As a matter of principle I think we deserve much better than we're getting. Pardew, Kinnear, lack of investment when the whole league is awash with money. It's total bullshit and I absolutely cannot wait for Ashley to fuck off, or die.

I'd sleep soundly if we paid an extra million here or there to play the game with agents, it'd improve our chances of winning football matches, what else are we in it for?

This interest in getting a bargain or not giving into agents demands or whatever is mission accomplished for Ashley as far as I'm concerned. We've been collectively lulled into thinking that we exist as a club solely to nurse financial health, the fans aren't bothered if we're getting absolutely embarrassed at home to the mackems and Liverpool as long as we uphold our principles in the transfer market. I'm ashamed to be associated with them tbh.

Guest icemanblue

Aye, that's all very admirable. Don't even disagree with most of it, except for the last paragraph. But, we're getting even further away from my point, and this isn't the thread for the discussion it's now become.