Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dunno if anyone listened to Total Sport last night, but Pardew admitted that Remy is like Cisse and there's work to do on the two as a partnership. Hints at 4-4-2. Also hints at shoe-horning signings into the side because they're available, as opposed to tailoring signings for the squad/our style of play (as if we needed confirmation).

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/087/e/1/profile_picture_by_watfaceplz-d4u7trn.png

"He's an instinctive striker, a couple of the goals he got for QPR, if you're a football person you like them - they're a little bit out of the ordinary. That's what he offers a team. He might not be involved in the game for a period and you're thinking "where's Remy", then he'll just burst on the scene and score a goal and that's the type I think we need."

Lowes: "He sounds a bit Cisse-ish."

"He is a bit Cisse-ish. As a partnership, there's probably some work to do on those two cos they both wanna go in behind and stretch teams. Our link-up play is something we need to improve with Cisse and now Remy."

I'm pleased to hear that he knows there's a problem. I'm worried that he thinks he can solve it by his coaching.

I was a supporter of Pardew getting another chance, but my nagging doubt is that he over-estimates his capacity - or indeed any coach's capacity - to make a square peg fit in a round hole. No team is ever a perfect fit, but you have to provide the best possible environment within a team for individuals to play to their strengths. That inevitably means leaving players out who, in a different context, would play. I'm starting to despair of his judgement in this area. He seems to miss the bigger picture.

We wasted a lot of time trying to get Ba and Cisse to work as a combination, and Pardew also seems to hope that he can encourage Tiote to be more of a playmaker.

`NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE, ENGLAND - AUGUST 10: Loic Remy of Newcastle United is unvailed to the home supporters ahead of a Pre Season Friendly between Newcastle United and Braga at St James' Park on August 10, 2013 in Newcastle, England. (Photo by Matthew Lewis/Getty Images) `

HOpe mike didnt think he was getting to marry a virgin ?    `the bride looked pretty in leather`

Dunno if anyone listened to Total Sport last night, but Pardew admitted that Remy is like Cisse and there's work to do on the two as a partnership. Hints at 4-4-2. Also hints at shoe-horning signings into the side because they're available, as opposed to tailoring signings for the squad/our style of play (as if we needed confirmation).

Why is he hinting at it instead of just saying outright that he has to work with the players he's given rather than the players he'd like to sign? I thought after the season ended he had a good long meeting with Ashley where they discussed where they went wrong last season and how to put it right? One of the obvious remedies would be to buy players to suit the manager's style of football. You can do that on a budget if you need to.

People booed him? :lol:

Yeah, not loads but a few. There were a fair few idiots in attendance mind, a fight nearly broke out behind me because one lad was annoyed at someone for criticising Shola too much :lol:

I'm approaching a tipping point with our fans.

That's pretty sad. What ever happened before he's now our player for this season.

Not sure how getting on one of the few players capable of getting goals back before he has even kicked a ball for us could go wrong.

People booed him? :lol:

Yeah, not loads but a few. There were a fair few idiots in attendance mind, a fight nearly broke out behind me because one lad was annoyed at someone for criticising Shola too much :lol:

I'm approaching a tipping point with our fans.

Any non ST game these days seems to bring out the nuggets.

We paraded a loan signing.  Scraping the barrel. :facepalm:

Aye, a valid point :lol:

Bollocks, we paraded a very important signing.  There's no reason not to introduce a player to the fans before a game just because he's currently on loan, typical whinging.

We paraded a loan signing.  Scraping the barrel. :facepalm:

Aye, a valid point :lol:

Another example of the club lowering our expectations.

Parading a player at the game has never been about "Wooo look at the money we just spent", its not a trophy signing thing, its about introducing a new player to the fans.  Its not like we had a big unveiling outside St James just for him..