January Transfer Window Latest

JH

If he's Brazilian... forget it - don't want him.

Not being racist... just the vast majority of South Americans don't make it in the Premiership. Especially ones that are unheard of.

because EPL teams normally sign the $hit ones, the cream go to Spain and Italy.

Anyway, I can see Alves going to PSV at the end of the season to replace Jefferson Farfán who will no doubt move.

On a side note I can remember us being linked with him when he was playing for his former club in Sweden but that didn't come to fruition......not that we could get a work permit for him then or now even

Daniel Alves how about we go into the Sevilla team and nick some of their big guns as theirall pretty good.

he s an execante  player and would be a great signing  off load luque at the same time  good buisness

Roeder plans swap for Bent

Newcastle United have asked Charlton to let them know if they decide to sell Darren Bent in January and are prepared to offer James Milner and Steve Carr in part-exchange.

St James’ Park manager Glenn Roeder has made £10 million-rated Bent his priority with Michael Owen and Shola Ameobi set to miss the majority of the season and Albert Luque getting ready to return to Spain on loan.

Chairman Freddy Shepherd is reluctant to spend another large sum after investing more than £40m on Owen, Luque, Damien Duff and Obafemi Martins in the last 18 months. Bottom club Charlton are reluctant to sell Bent in the transfer window if they feel they have a chance of staying in the Premiership but know he wants to move to a bigger club.

Roeder is also keeping tabs on Bolton striker Kevin Davies. Talks over a new three-year deal have stalled, with manager Sam Allardyce refusing to get anywhere near Davies’ request to be paid £30,000 a week.

Bolton have resurrected Davies’ career but the player does not want to be taken for granted.

Milner is the gimp.

Unless we are planning on bringing in SWP's i see no point in getting rid of Milner. Getting rid of Carr would be fantastic, but i dont think we are in the market for another RB.

Bent would be decent if we got a decent price for him and brought another striker that is big and strong and can hold up the ball.

Bents someone thats in the middle of what we want and what we have. Power, pace and decent in the air, but not the Owens/Martin Type nor the Shearer/Ferdinand type we are lacking.

An upgrade on Shola, but a very expensive one.

Milner is the gimp.

Unless we are planning on bringing in SWP's i see no point in getting rid of Milner. Getting rid of Carr would be fantastic, but i dont think we are in the market for another RB.

Bent would be decent if we got a decent price for him and brought another striker that is big and strong and can hold up the ball.

Bents someone thats in the middle of what we want and what we have. Power, pace and decent in the air, but not the Owens/Martin Type nor the Shearer/Ferdinand type we are lacking.

An upgrade on Shola, but a very expensive one.

Doesn't Bent usually play up front on his own for Charlton? I would guess (as I don't watch Charlton very often) that he must be pretty good at holding the ball up.

All this talk of selling Milner is really annoying. Who could we replace him with? Anyway, I doubt Milner would be happy with a transfer to Charlton when Aston Villa supposedly want him.

Guest Gosport Toon

Don't think we crave height, we just crave a presence.

Sibierski's fairly immobile, Dyer isn't a striker and Martins is by no means a natural goalscorer - no matter what Roeder says. All we need is someone who will score every time he gets the ball inside the box. And is cheap.He's not everyone's cup of tea but Viduka fits the bill for us pretty perfectly tbh.

Not sure whether that is too tall an order for a manager to achieve tbh  :lol:

Newcastle United have asked Charlton to let them know if they decide to sell Darren Bent in January and are prepared to offer James Milner and Steve Carr in part-exchange.

St James’ Park manager Glenn Roeder has made £10 million-rated Bent his priority with Michael Owen and Shola Ameobi set to miss the majority of the season and Albert Luque getting ready to return to Spain on loan.

Chairman Freddy Shepherd is reluctant to spend another large sum after investing more than £40m on Owen, Luque, Damien Duff and Obafemi Martins in the last 18 months. Bottom club Charlton are reluctant to sell Bent in the transfer window if they feel they have a chance of staying in the Premiership but know he wants to move to a bigger club.

Roeder is also keeping tabs on Bolton striker Kevin Davies. Talks over a new three-year deal have stalled, with manager Sam Allardyce refusing to get anywhere near Davies’ request to be paid £30,000 a week.

Bolton have resurrected Davies’ career but the player does not want to be taken for granted.

i would be buzzing to see darren bent here, absoloutely buzzing, i think he is exactly what we need and, although i do believe martins will adjust to the premiership and prove to be a very good signing, we should have spent the money on darren bent in the summer.

bent

martins

owen

ameobi

wouldnt be bad at all imo

i would be buzzing to see darren bent here, absoloutely buzzing, i think he is exactly what we need and, although i do believe martins will adjust to the premiership and prove to be a very good signing, we should have spent the money on darren bent in the summer.

bent

martins

owen

ameobi

Yeah, I agree. Not a bad forward line up at all. Would rather not see Milner leave because of it like.

bent

martins

owen

ameobi

Yeah, I agree. Not a bad forward line up at all. Would rather not see Milner leave because of it like.

agreed.

nobby should go before milner

Yeah, we've got to face facts, Nobby's past his best and he aint getting any younger. Milner is now our only proper right winger and unless we're going to replace him with someone, we should really be holding onto him.

Guest thompers

Good thing about Bent is that he is very good at playing up top on his own if needed.

Another striker with a pace-based game though?

We need something a bit different imo.

I wouldn't pay all this money people are talking about for Bent, it's pointless really with Owen coming back and us already having Oba.

We need someone to help link the attack up with the midfield in the sort of Beardsley role if you will.

would be a good signing alongside a Viduka, Beattie, Davies type. Like i said earlier i think he fits in somewhere between what we have and what we need.

We are crying out for a bully up front, no-one we have can bully defenders as the likes of Shearer, Ferdinand and Ferguson did.

We be delighted if we signed him but for the price he will cost us i think we could do alot better for our needs.

what about the likes of Ivan Klasnic (Werder Bremen)? He's being linked with Man City atm .....he's scored alot of goals for Bremen over the years both in the domestic league and Champs League and is 26....so I'm sure he could do well for us. What do you think?

Baptista is also a bit unhappy with the lack of chances he's getting and I would like to see him here but whether he''d prefer to go back to Spain is another question

Tomasson, from his stats, has been benched so far this season for Stuttgart.

Would be a very handy squad forward to bring in, and shouldnt cost too much. Good linkup player, knows how to put the ball in the back of the net, intelligent player on and off the ball.

Guest theunis

Agree Bent is a good player but dont think that is what we need, id like beattie here tbh. But wount be a bad signing think we just need to keep hold of Milner