January Transfer Window Latest

JH

Plus Arteta's a winger.

Joe Cole - you're off your head if you think he's coming here.

Steve Sidwell's a good shout though.

Arteta has being playing central midfield for Everton for ages, whilst he can play on the flanks he is a central midfielder.

like i said, if joe cole wanted to come here and chelsea were willing to let him go he would be here.

Plus Arteta's a winger.

Joe Cole - you're off your head if you think he's coming here.

Steve Sidwell's a good shout though.

Arteta has being playing central midfield for Everton for ages, whilst he can play on the flanks he is a central midfielder.

like i said, if joe cole wanted to come here and chelsea were willing to let him go he would be here.

:|

Apologies about Arteta, though.

Guest cloggy boy

Tomorrows games

Ajax - Willem II

AZ Alkmaar - Excelsior

Feyenoord - Heerenveen

NAC Breda P - P Twente

That Alfonso Alves is knocking them in for Heerenveen this season - 20 goals in 16 games or so. Only 25 - and Brazilian!!

Tomorrows games

Ajax - Willem II

AZ Alkmaar - Excelsior

Feyenoord - Heerenveen

NAC Breda P - P Twente

That Alfonso Alves is knocking them in for Heerenveen this season - 20 goals in 16 games or so. Only 25 - and Brazilian!!

Probably wouldn't get a work permit though, unless they could dig up a European ancestor.

I don't really understand these work permits (i'm only little)... why wouldn't this guy be allowed one?

Because he's from a non EU country and wouldn't have played 75% of games for his National team in the last 2 years, something like that anyway.

I don't really understand these work permits (i'm only little)... why wouldn't this guy be allowed one?

Because he's from a non EU country and wouldn't have played 75% of games for his National team in the last 2 years, something like that anyway.

blueyes.gif

Guest cloggy boy

Would be fun to see Roeder mixing it behind the goal at the De Kuip.

Can't see that Huntelaar moving - just joined Ajax not so long ago - cost a few quid for them as well! Wouldn't likely pick him up cheap.

I don't believe height is strictly essential, Dyer and Martins seem to work well together, aslong as we play more "football" and less "puntball" we should be alright.

1 dimensional attacking.

No aerial threat makes ground play more predictable.

We do not need this guy.

Afonso Alves

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Afonso Alves Martins Jr, Afonso [ɐ'fõsu 'ɑuvɨʃ] (born January 30, 1981) is a Brazilian football player currently with Dutch side SC Heerenveen. He previously played for Swedish clubs Malmö FF and Göteborg-based Örgryte IS, his first club was Brazilian team Atlético Mineiro.

Afonso finished second in the Swedish Goal scoring league 2 years in a row. He is also known for his large feet.

:lol:

Henry isn't exactly arial and Martins is pretty good in the air despite his height.

Arsenal always try to get height in there somewhere, Kanu, Adebayor currently, and the tall guy currently on loan to the brums (future height).

Wenger sees height as important maybe not as important as most, but he does also have the luxury of having one of the most fluent ground attacks the modern game has ever seen.

We don't, and we need height to be less predictable.

Don't think we crave height, we just crave a presence.

Sibierski's fairly immobile, Dyer isn't a striker and Martins is by no means a natural goalscorer - no matter what Roeder says. All we need is someone who will score every time he gets the ball inside the box. And is cheap.

He's not everyone's cup of tea but Viduka fits the bill for us pretty perfectly tbh.

He was so desperate to keep it under wraps he decided the only people he could rely on to keep it schtum were the good folks at the Evening Chronicle!!

It is strange to read a 'secret' in a newspaper.

I also found this strange in Alan Oliver's "Flight of fancy" article on ICNewcastle: -

"While I was waiting at the luggage carousel at Heraklion Airport I picked up a text from Glenn Roeder saying that United had been drawn in the hardest group in the competition."

Our manager text messages a journalist to let him know the UEFA draw? Surely not?

He was so desperate to keep it under wraps he decided the only people he could rely on to keep it schtum were the good folks at the Evening Chronicle!!

I also found this strange in Alan Oliver's "Flight of fancy" article on ICNewcastle: -

"While I was waiting at the luggage carousel at Heraklion Airport I picked up a text from Glenn Roeder saying that United had been drawn in the hardest group in the competition."

Our manager text messages a journalist to let him know the UEFA draw? Surely not?

Probably, he wouldn't find out any other way!

bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif

Sad but true.

But surely the "Voice of NUFC" would have been at the draw, wouldn't he!?!?!?!?!?!!? :lol:

But surely the "Voice of NUFC" would have been at the draw, wouldn't he!?!?!?!?!?!!? :lol:

He'll have been sitting at home in front of the mirror practicing for his next icnewcastle video.  bluebiggrin.gif

He'll have been sitting at home in front of the mirror practicing for his next icnewcastle video.  bluebiggrin.gif

Wonder how many mirrors he gets through in a season? ;)