Other clubs' kits (2024/25)

Toon Hoser

I'm not sure what I think about integrating the sponsor into the kit as totally as some of the MLS teams do. In a lot of ways it looks much better and makes a better overall design, but then again you end up looking like Wonga FC or whatever. Guess MLS teams have no identity anyway so it's not such an issue.

Every team in MLS sponsored by Adidas? Bizarre.

American sports leagues traditionally contract with a single company to design the uniforms for all the teams. Nike does all the NFL uniforms, for example.

All 19 MLS home kits for this season. 4 clubs going sponsorless, at least for the time-being. Hopefully more teams follow suit in the future.

BiIbiJmCcAAAVGn.jpg:large

Aren't the teams going sponsorless because no-one will give them a decent sponsorship deal? Doesn't look like a positive to me.

Ah OK. In fairness the kits aren't all just carbon copies of each other like they tend to be over here. Wish we had Adidas again, even the 10 year old gear I've got is in better knick than the newer puma stuff. Abysmal quality.

Ah OK. In fairness the kits aren't all just carbon copies of each other like they tend to be over here. Wish we had Adidas again, even the 10 year old gear I've got is in better knick than the newer puma stuff. Abysmal quality.

I love Adidas, and I'm glad that they have the MLS/NBA here - I have a beautiful Cavs tracksuit top. My main gripe is that my team's the Crew, and there's not a lot you can so with a bright yellow kit and Adidas stripes.

I still think they've missed a trick by having Columbus Crew be some Village People, rather than a pirate crew.

Aren't the teams going sponsorless because no-one will give them a decent sponsorship deal? Doesn't look like a positive to me.

IIRC Colorado has traditionally rejected shirt sponsors and Houston recently started doing the same. I have a hard time believing San Jose couldn't find a sponsor in the Bay Area.

Chivas is almost certainly a case of not being able to find one, this is a lost season for them. Or maybe it's because they're league-owned and operated now and can't have sponsors or something.

Potential U.S. away kit leaked. To channel the Chileans apparently.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-r4DziCiIknI/UxoILb-8E5I/AAAAAAAAWko/gLldvnehcic/s650/USA+2014+World+Cup+Away+Kit.jpg

All 19 MLS home kits for this season. 4 clubs going sponsorless, at least for the time-being. Hopefully more teams follow suit in the future.

BiIbiJmCcAAAVGn.jpg:large

So what do we learn from this.

Adidas can serve up lots of different styles with lots of different individual twists for specific clubs when they want but yet most kits in the UK are the same stock version in different colours.

Clubs (and by default the fans over here) are being mugged off.

Potential U.S. away kit leaked. To channel the Chileans apparently.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-r4DziCiIknI/UxoILb-8E5I/AAAAAAAAWko/gLldvnehcic/s650/USA+2014+World+Cup+Away+Kit.jpg

Don't like it.

Should've done a modern copy of this one:

http://www.subsidesports.com/uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/large_image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/xlarge/USAASS9496a-G8.jpg

Guest VanBarduck

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Antoine-Griezmann-France-Real-Sociedad.jpg

Got to say, it's the best kit we've had in decades  :smitten: and without any chauvinism it'll probably be the best kit at the WC.

Hate the Brazil first kit by the way. Can't believe that NIKE decided something like that for the World Cup hosts. Should've done a copy of the blue kit above in yellow and it would've been one of the better kits around.

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Antoine-Griezmann-France-Real-Sociedad.jpg

Got to say, it's the best kit we've had in decades  :smitten: and without any chauvinism it'll probably be the best kit at the WC.

Only saw the top part of that picture at first and thought it was a rugby kit.

Think the Aussie kit is pretty damn smart.

You always get really smart kits. :thup:

Collar on the France kit is smart Flip. It's the best collar I've seen on a football kit.

Like I said, the kit is nice, don't like the colour of the kit. I prefer the lighter blue they've always worn rather than this dark-blue.

Guest VanBarduck

Collar on the France kit is smart Flip. It's the best collar I've seen on a football kit.

Like I said, the kit is nice, don't like the colour of the kit. I prefer the lighter blue they've always worn rather than this dark-blue.

Well actually the light blue thing was an Adidas nonsense, France blue is pretty dark on our flag, it originally came from the "City of Paris" colours during the revolution (blue and red) surrounding the Royalty (white).

You've never in the history of football have had a shirt with this darkness of blue. As for the flag I don't know which blue is the official one as I've seen your flags with all kinds of different tones of blue.

• 2 weeks later...