Reds 2-5 Blues - 10/03/13 - post-match reaction from page 35

Yorkie

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I seemed to have a bit more energy as the game went on... Think it must've been all the skittles I ate whilst I was linesman... :lol:

Ah so that was you!

Came on, marks me, offers skittles.  :lol:

;) Matty - feel free to peruse the previous match threads, pretty sure the exact same thing is suggested by more than one poster after each one :lol: just a sign of how much fun these matches are IMO

;) Matty - feel free to peruse the previous match threads, pretty sure the exact same thing is suggested by more than one poster after each one :lol: just a sign of how much fun these matches are IMO

Too right.

I'll score yet. Would've done too, if it wasn't for that pesky goalkeeper  :knuppel2:

I seemed to have a bit more energy as the game went on... Think it must've been all the skittles I ate whilst I was linesman... :lol:

Ah so that was you!

Came on, marks me, offers skittles.  :lol:

:lol: The packet had split... I quickly realised I could be heard from a mile off when trying to close your midfield down... Your mam taught you well to always say no to strangers... :lol:

Too right.

I'll score yet. Would've done too, if it wasn't for Yorkie's buttocks :megusta:

FYP.

Guest neesy111

Thought the blues had a really nice Balance to their team.  2 pacey wingers, one up against me was good tactics by Yorkie.

I think just generally sticking to a formation did us a world of good really.

2nd half reds were all over the place, although that in turn did make it slightly more difficult to pick them all up when we were getting over ran.

I can say this now - now that everything did go to plan...

Coach Lane actually rang me at half 9 saying we'd been cancelled as the pitch was unplayable. :lol: Went through some serious mental torment for twenty minutes trying to decide whether or not to chance it, or start telling people not to bother.

Was fucking nowhere near unplayable, either. Don't know why they put me through that!

I can say this now - now that everything did go to plan...

Coach Lane actually rang me at half 9 saying we'd been cancelled as the pitch was unplayable. :lol: Went through some serious mental torment for twenty minutes trying to decide whether or not to chance it, or start telling people not to bother.

Was fucking nowhere near unplayable, either. Don't know why they put me through that!

Well thanks to you I can't feel my knees.

Guest neesy111

I was amazed they said that, it was fine. Thanks for persevering and getting it on, how did you get them to agree?

The sole of my foot is still hurting, but I think that's more my inability to jump and land safely.

Thought you played well Ian, stuck to your role well.

I was amazed they said that, it was fine. Thanks for persevering and getting it on, how did you get them to agree?

The sole of my foot is still hurting, but I think that's more my inability to jump and land safely.

Thought you played well Ian, stuck to your role well.

Aye Ian kept things ticking over nicely in the centre of the park. He and LFEE both moonlighted as CMs/DMs really well; broke up the play and were basically always responsible for the start of counter-attacks. I liked Rich as a 'stopper' as well (FM-stylee) - won plenty of balls high up the pitch, and Joey was basically undeterred as a covering CB - in spite of the air-kick. :razz: The triumvirate of Rich/Joey and one of LFEE/Ian worked a treat tbh... in addition, Cunny arguably had the best stamina in our whole team and was always an option - in attack and defense. Great player.

Full-backs-wise, Mattypnufc's a bit of an unsung hero - don't think he lost the ball once and even went on a few mazy runs in the first half. I was fairly disappointed with my performance in the first; I'm moderately capable most of the time, but CB isn't something I can hack at all. Don't have the awareness or sense to play that role. Tackling ability is non-existent either, typified by the blatant foul on OCK. I grew into it when moved to RB though - think I manipulated all runners to the inside where a competent tackler awaited. :lol:

He's probably not most people's stand-out performer, but I thought Nixon was arguably our most important player in an attacking sense. Touch, control and passing was absolutely superb at times. I don't know if he and his brother play together often, but Nixon picked him out time and again, particularly in the first half. Completely owned the football whenever it was near him.

We were really well balanced as a team, tbh - everyone played their role with confidence and just the right amount of rigidity.