Norwich City 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 12/01/13 - post-match reaction from pg 37

Dave

Ben arfa won't turn around our season on his own.  That's the only attacking player we have to comeback.  So those keep saying players coming back will turn our season around need to get real.

why?

We've been creating chances and scoring goals in his abscence but the problem has been conceding and not seeing games out.

Guest firetotheworks

Ben Arfa is pretty much the only player that is beyond criticism this season. He's been the shining light in an absolutely horrible season.

Guest firetotheworks

Almost...He's had a couple of dodgy games. I wouldn't personally focus any criticism on him at all this season, but that doesn't mean he's been faultless.

Guest palnese

Had to miss the game today, anybody sum it up for me? Improvement?

90minutes of piss poor football from both sides. They had one good chance and we didn't create anything of note.

Guest neesy111

Ben arfa won't turn around our season on his own.  That's the only attacking player we have to comeback.  So those keep saying players coming back will turn our season around need to get real.

why?

We've been creating chances and scoring goals in his abscence but the problem has been conceding and not seeing games out.

What will ben arfa do to rectify that? Nothing.

Guest neesy111

Ben Arfa is pretty much the only player that is beyond criticism this season. He's been the shining light in an absolutely horrible season.

And santon..

Santon has been pretty abysmal the last month tbh.

you cant seriously argue that he doesnt give the ball away,tries to beat one too many men, or that he produces his best every game- and that doesnt frustrate.? surely.  dont get me wrong- I think hes a wonderful talent- sometimes.

The guy actually tries to take players on. When people do this, sometimes they lose the ball, or sometimes the person playing the "easy pass" option gets pissed off, but I couldn't give less of a shit. He's by far our best creative outlet, and we look clueless without him.

Guest ItalianMagpie

This, absolutely.

why?

Keep the ball upfield, relieve pressure by meaning teams have to drop deep to keep an eye on him etc.

Saylor back next week is the bigger after Cabaye, but HBA will make a massive difference now Ba has gone.

Guest neesy111

why?

Keep the ball upfield, relieve pressure by meaning teams have to drop deep to keep an eye on him etc.

Saylor back next week is the bigger after Cabaye, but HBA will make a massive difference now Ba has gone.

That's if Pardew allows him, which he won't IMO.  We were utterly negative today due to that twat that's managing us not the personnel.

you cant seriously argue that he doesnt give the ball away,tries to beat one too many men, or that he produces his best every game- and that doesnt frustrate.? surely.  dont get me wrong- I think hes a wonderful talent- sometimes.

The guy actually tries to take players on. When people do this, sometimes they lose the ball, or sometimes the person playing the "easy pass" option gets pissed off, but I couldn't give less of a shit. He's by far our best creative outlet, and we look clueless without him.

just wish he produced his absolute best more often, thats all. I do like him and think hes our best player yes.

And santon..

Santon has been pretty abysmal the last month tbh.

Aye agree with that but considering the shit around him and the fact we have never had a settled back four or midfield in front of him I think his performances have been spot on. Looks like he needs a rest but I'd say he has been our best player this season or most consistent anyway.