Norwich City 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 12/01/13 - post-match reaction from pg 37

Dave

I said it during the first half and the scenes at full time only, unfortunately, confirmed that today was probably Colo's last performance. He was a man on a mission on several attacks and came very close with his overhead kick. He seemed to be in tears at FT and was really needing the support of both the Newcastle and Norwich players as he left the pitch. We don't really know the situation but if that was his last game, I'm glad we managed to keep the clean sheet for him. Only time will tell on the situation but it doesn't look good.

:(

Utterly heart-breaking. He is my idol. A player who, for me, really showed me how football should be played. A defender blessed with such talent is very, very rare and shows just how wrongly the game is taught and thought of in Britain.

Ashame he's leaving with this season his most recent memory.

I still have hope he'll stay..

That Colo pic.  :'( Anyone who thinks he's engineering a cheap move back to Argentina after seeing that should be shot. That is clearly a man who doesn't want to leave if he had a choice.

If he does go, I hope that will drive our players to secure our PL safety for wor Capitano. Of course praying with fingers crossed the club miraculously has some plan for replacements in action.

If I hadn't watched that game and just saw the result, in our current predicament I'd have been fairly pleased.

However I must say that was one of the single worst games of football I have ever seen. To not create a single chance, or even really look like trying to is pretty depressing. The positives - good performances from the back 5 and another point on the board. It has to be built on with wins in the next few games though, because on the whole it just wasn't good enough again.

I'll also agree with toonpete that everything about him during and after the game suggested that it was a departing display from Colo.

I'm not having that like. What was so different?

He played well for the first time in sodding ages. O0

Guest Klizsch

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/615141/LiveStatistics/England-Premier-League-2012-2013-Norwich-Newcastle-United

Some interesting stats from the game. Williamson with a shambolic passing success of 69%, and he stood for 9 long balls and 17 clearances -which weren't any better. Santon was almost as bad mind you.

Colo best overall passer, unsurprisingly.

Did anyone there know what the "Mr Carrow is in the City stand"...."Mr Carrow has now left the City stand" thing was all about? I thought it might've been some competition or in-joke but google disappointingly just has people thinking it's some code for the stewards.

Re Colo, I was disappointed he didn't get a sing-song at the end of the match - it was all focussed on Cabaye. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary with him at the end though, he went off like most the players, it was only Cabaye that made a big fuss.

Did anyone there know what the "Mr Carrow is in the City stand"...."Mr Carrow has now left the City stand" thing was all about? I thought it might've been some competition or in-joke but google disappointingly just has people thinking it's some code for the stewards.

Re Colo, I was disappointed he didn't get a sing-song at the end of the match - it was all focussed on Cabaye. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary with him at the end though, he went off like most the players, it was only Cabaye that made a big fuss.

I was wondering about this. :lol: Quick search brings up an old 606 post about it.

Mr Carrow is code word for there being a scrap in one of the stands. the stewards can put out a call for assistance - ie reinforcements when it's all getting a bit tasty....

Mr Carrow is in fact Lionel J Carrow a retired JP who sits in the Jarrold Stand. They tannoy his driver when he is about to leave.

I heard somewhere it means there's a small fire or something of that nature. It's just to alert stewards.

So I think it's safe to say no one really knows. :lol: Surely, after a quick Google, it appears to be used too much to be a fire? Fight wouldn't surprise me.

Guest Roger Kint

Didn't see the game (thank god) but if Anita was really launching long balls, the  that tells you all you need to know about Pardew.

You should have seen the corner he made him take at one point.

Code Word to mean the all clear after a security alert apparently.

Guest Roger Kint

Didn't see the game (thank god) but if Anita was really launching long balls, the  that tells you all you need to know about Pardew.

Not sure if that's a sarcastic one. If so, then why?

To be honest i dont remember Anita specifically doing that many(unless balls into the channels are now classed as that) compared to others.Maybe if the two wide players decided to turn up or other showed for him it would help. But yeah everything during a game is Pardews fault too.

:lol:

side netting

:facepalm:

Guest Roger Kint

To be honest i dont remember Anita specifically doing that many(unless balls into the channels are now classed as that) compared to others.Maybe if the two wide players decided to turn up or other showed for him it would help. But yeah everything during a game is Pardews fault too.

I'm going on what I read here. Regardless of the sarcastic and condescending nature of that post, I will still address it. Are you seriously going to tell me that the long ball football is not Pardew's fault? He coaches the team, implements the game  plans., the whole idea if a gaffer is to pass instructions on to his players, a style of play, but no, heaven forbid, an Ajax graduate hoofing a ball is all his own fault a I presume. Not to mention the NUFc players openly criticising the style of play in the press. The west ham fans pre warning us that this would happen, the stats that we play more ling ball than stoke.

Sorry,I was wrong, its all the players.The reason we never score a corner is purely the players fault

Glad you ignored the sarcasm & condescending nature.......then everything else as well :lol:

Seemingly you have replied to another post as all i said was i didnt notice him do it more than other and the complete lack of players ahead of him was as much of a problem. Obertan for one being almost anonymous and Cisse being totally isolated. I never said it was the players fault so fuck knows what your on about tbh.

Will take a point, but another shocking performance.  We are so static it is unreal.

Liking the signings, but not sure Pardew has the balls to get this team playing proper football again, even with the new players.  He is just so negative this season.  Then again, scoring 3 at Arsenal and Manu is hardly negative.  Fuck knows what to think now.

In my mind, we really have to win at Reading and Villa to turn this around.  No "villa is a hard place to come" bollocks.  Grow some and go there to play for out and out for the win for a change.