Norwich City 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 12/01/13 - post-match reaction from pg 37

Dave

Were people really expecting us to play like Barca today?

:rolleyes:

Going by some of the reactions on here I wouldn't be surprised.

Oh I forgot, were we playing a top 4 no. We were playing a team that had lost their last 4 league games.  Pathetic as usual.

They've beat Arsenal and Man Utd at home this season, we had chances in the first half which if better final balls had of been played were scoring opportunities. For me it was a 'meh' performance, we didn't play well but we also weren't as awful as some seem to think.

It was a bit like scoring a 50 on an exam where 50 is the passing mark.

Couldn´t have put it any better.

Those who were extolling the attacking progress made in the Arsenal and Man Utd games seem to have lost their voices also. Now we're not facing a team who is cocksure they can outscore us, where did all the (fake) progress go?

Yep it's just so utterly predictable :lol:

I think the frustration for most was that, despite our recent form, they were there for the taking. We could have won that, and didn't.

Just got to hope it doesn't come back to bite us in May.

Oh I forgot, were we playing a top 4 no. We were playing a team that had lost their last 4 league games.  Pathetic as usual.

Doesn't give us the the right to assume we could actually take the game to Norwich given our recent form.

We had players a few players back for this game, we should be doing much better.

Did reading have any right to assume they couldn't come back from 2 goals down v West Brom btw?

So because we have a couple of players back and one new player in our line up, we should assume we should go out and win this game, given that Norwich have been pretty decent for most of this season, beating some of the top sides...and not forgetting our gash form and defending in recent weeks and months.

Dont get me wrong, I wanted the 3 pts but ill take a 0-0 from this match given our gash defending and all round poor form in recent weeks and the season in general.

Doesn't give us the the right to assume we could actually take the game to Norwich given our recent form.

They are nothing special at all. As us, although not as bad, they're on a poor run too. They were poor today, as many teams have been against us, but we still don't manage/dear to go for it.

How f***ing close were we to lose it in the end once again btw. That's what going for draws and 1 goal leads gets you. Especially under this excuse of a manager.

Were people really expecting us to play like Barca today? We're in horrendous form and we need every point that we can. Yes we went long at times and i'd wager most of this was from Williamson. Cabaye and Anita did try to hit Cisse with a long diagonal a few times.

People need to have a bit of a reality check as to where we are and what we are trying to achieve which unfortunately is to avoid being relegated. We were never going to go and win 4-0 like some seem to have been expecting. You don't come out of the type of form we are in after 1 game.

Really don't know where to start with what's wrong here.

Can't see anyone who expected Barcelona-like football, or a 4-0 win, for a start. We were also playing Norwich, not Real Madrid.

Aye, straw man there. The intention to win a game against a team who are weaker than us is not ridiculous expectation.

Not on board with the idea of babysteps either - this isn't pre-season. We're in the middle of the season, and this was a winnable fixture against a side begging us to score goals against them. We barely even tried - apart from trying to hit Cisse from every possible spot on the pitch except from anywhere within a 20 metre radius of the man.

Those who were extolling the attacking progress made in the Arsenal and Man Utd games seem to have lost their voices also. Now we're not facing a team who is cocksure they can outscore us, where did all the (fake) progress go?

Pardew doesn't know how to coach a team to simultaneously a) be defensively solid b) score without an over-reliance on individual brilliance/defensive mistakes.

He could have 11 fully-fit first teams, and he still couldn't do it. I'm sure HBA/Cabaye/Cisse would save his bacon mind you, but I don't want to gamble Newcastle's Premier League status on the hope (and that's all it is - a hope) that we have enough of our "star" players fit and sparking in our shrinking set of fixtures. It could not materialise for all we know. I'd rather have a plan.

We've had the playing personne available to use to be in an uninspiring but safe 12th/13th/14th this season IMO.

Now that's a post that deserves at least two  :clap:  :clap:

They are nothing special at all. As us, although not as bad, they're on a poor run too. They were poor today, as many teams have been against us, but we still don't manage/dear to go for it.

How f***ing close were we to lose it in the end once again btw. That's what going for draws and 1 goal leads gets you. Under Pardew.

Aye and we have been piss poor all season and our confidence is through the floor, this 0-0 will go a long way to helpling with our confidence.

Guest bimpy474

Don't know about anyone else but i'm so fed up watching us and thinking "we are awful". Also i feel rather sick at Pardew getting credit for a draw against Norwich with a performance like that.

Is this really how far we have lowered our expectations because of him.

Guest neesy111

How f***ing close were we to lose it in the end once again btw. That's what going for draws and 1 goal leads gets you. Under Pardew.

Aye and we have been piss poor all season and our confidence is through the floor, this 0-0 will go a long way to helpling with our confidence.

It won't help Cisse's confidence.

Don't know about anyone else but i'm so fed up watching us and thinking "we are awful". Also i feel rather sick at Pardew getting credit for a draw against Norwich with a performance like that.

Not sure who is giving him credit, its more a case of "a 0-0 and a clean sheet and is a start, maybe breathing space" mentality.

Guest Dontooner

Were people really expecting us to play like Barca today? We're in horrendous form and we need every point that we can. Yes we went long at times and i'd wager most of this was from Williamson. Cabaye and Anita did try to hit Cisse with a long diagonal a few times.

People need to have a bit of a reality check as to where we are and what we are trying to achieve which unfortunately is to avoid being relegated. We were never going to go and win 4-0 like some seem to have been expecting. You don't come out of the type of form we are in after 1 game.

Can't see anyone who expected Barcelona-like football, or a 4-0 win, for a start. We were also playing Norwich, not Real Madrid.

Aye, straw man there. The intention to win a game against a team who are weaker than us is not ridiculous expectation.

Not on board with the idea of babysteps either - this isn't pre-season. We're in the middle of the season, and this was a winnable fixture against a side begging us to score goals against them. We barely even tried - apart from trying to hit Cisse from every possible spot on the pitch except from anywhere within a 20 metre radius of the man.

Pardew doesn't know how to coach a team to simultaneously a) be defensively solid b) score without an over-reliance on individual brilliance/defensive mistakes.

He could have 11 fully-fit first teams, and he still couldn't do it. I'm sure HBA/Cabaye/Cisse would save his bacon mind you, but I don't want to gamble Newcastle's Premier League status on the hope (and that's all it is - a hope) that we have enough of our "star" players fit and sparking in our shrinking set of fixtures. It could not materialise for all we know. I'd rather have a plan.

We've had the playing personne available to use to be in an uninspiring but safe 12th/13th/14th this season IMO.

Now that's a post that deserves at least two  :clap:  :clap:

Baby steps??? LAUGH OUT LOUD

More like 16steps ...that doesnt sound like alot does it.

Good post btw.

Something is terribly wrong when our players are too scared to lose possession "giving it a go" and attacking but yet are happy to throw their head under a ball for the sake of it and hoof it out with no care of where its going to.

We invite pressure on ourselves through our ridiculous hoof tactics which works 1/5 times. Reluctance to outwardly attack and pass on the ground is hurting us more because we don't do the simple things right.

Guest neesy111

I'd say it was a better performance than our game last season and we were actually a pretty decent team then.

Do you remember we had to play Alan Smith last season in this fixture and had Gosling sent off?

We kept the ball well in both games and rarely looked to smash the ball up field to Cisse, we also looked dangerous in the final 3rd, so yes, there was progress in those games.

Aye and we have been p*ss poor all season and our confidence is through the floor, this 0-0 will go a long way to helpling with our confidence.

Yep, i agree on that we needed to commit more bodies forward, it seemed like an awkward balancing act.

But im not going to turn a 0-0 down away from home giving some of the goals we have conceded recently.

Guest bimpy474

Not sure who is giving him credit, its more a case of "a 0-0 and a clean sheet and is a start, maybe breathing space" mentality.

Well maybe not credit, poor choice of words i suppose. You know what i mean though.

Seen the term at least its progress, i'm sorry but after watching how bad we are, progress because we got a point is not a term i would call it.

Well maybe not credit, poor choice of words i suppose. You not what i mean though.

Seen the term at least its progress, i'm sorry but after watching how bad we are, progress because we got a point is not a term i would call it.

Im not over happy with the game itself and I wanted the 3 pts but can you blame Pardew this time for being cautious aftrer our last few games.

Guest neesy111

Aye and we have been p*ss poor all season and our confidence is through the floor, this 0-0 will go a long way to helpling with our confidence.

Yep, i agree on that we needed to commit more bodies forward, it seemed like an awkward balancing act.

But im not going to turn a 0-0 down away from home giving some of the goals we have conceded recently.

I'm happy with a draw but not happy with the performance btw.

I'm happy with a draw but not happy with the performance btw.

Same here to a point, players are shaky and lacking confidence.