Norwich City 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 12/01/13 - post-match reaction from pg 37

Dave

Baby steps.

Lost 7 straight away from home on the trot.  Hadn't picked up an away point in the league all year.  Had kept only one clean sheet away from home in any competition all year (0-0 at Maritimo).

Decent platform from which to build, albeit very very ugly.

I didn't think we were that bad today, we had to avoid defeat and we did without too many problems.  I thought that we passed it about well at times and just missed something going forward and that something we missed (Ben Arfa) will be back soon.  I think the players will get a boost from the point and we can now move on.

We didn't do enough to involve Cisse and we need to work on that side of our game because we looked safe at the back and workman like in the middle without creating anything.

Spot on, we played for a clean sheet and not to lose. Something i ordinarily don't like to do and something i hated Allardyce for, but i think today after the past few results we needed to do.

Again I've got to pick up on the point that we need HBA back to create goals or goal scoring opportunities?  I'm not saying him returning to the team won't but how the fuck can a team playing in the EPL not have a shot on goal or create even one chance for their striker?

Baby steps.

Lost 7 straight away from home on the trot.  Hadn't picked up an away point in the league all year.  Had kept only one clean sheet away from home in any competition all year (0-0 at Maritimo).

Decent platform from which to build, albeit very very ugly.

This

I didn't think we were that bad today, we had to avoid defeat and we did without too many problems.  I thought that we passed it about well at times and just missed something going forward and that something we missed (Ben Arfa) will be back soon.  I think the players will get a boost from the point and we can now move on.

We didn't do enough to involve Cisse and we need to work on that side of our game because we looked safe at the back and workman like in the middle without creating anything.

Spot on, we played for a clean sheet and not to lose. Something i ordinarily don't like to do and something i hated Allardyce for, but i think today after the past few results we needed to do.

Again I've got to pick up on the point that we need HBA back to create goals or goal scoring opportunities?  I'm not saying him returning to the team won't but how the fuck can a team playing in the EPL not have a shot on goal or create even one chance for their striker?

We did have a shot on goal, Obertan had a decent shot saved in the first half.

Again I've got to pick up on the point that we need HBA back to create goals or goal scoring opportunities?  I'm not saying him returning to the team won't but how the f*** can a team playing in the EPL not have a shot on goal or create even one chance for their striker?

I stand corrected then.  93 mins of play and 1 shot on goal.

Again I've got to pick up on the point that we need HBA back to create goals or goal scoring opportunities?  I'm not saying him returning to the team won't but how the f*** can a team playing in the EPL not have a shot on goal or create even one chance for their striker?

I stand corrected then.  93 mins of play and 1 shot on goal.

Cisse hit one straight at the 'keeper too.

Would've been happy with a point beforehand but we'll not play a worse opposition all season and we still couldn't muster a half-chance. Good to stop the rot and keep a clean sheet too. Today would've been fine had Reading not won, the table still looks uneasy.

Krul, Santon and Colo played well.

I don't get how good Norwich are supposed to be. Some people say Hughton is class and they are playing well etc, then other people say we should roll them over and we won't play a worse team all season.

Guest neesy111

Everyone admits Norwich have been playing pretty well, so it wasn't realistic to expect to go there and pick up a straightforward win. Another point, they're all going to be vital. Overall a shocking game and with little from us going forward. Gorgeous to see Cabaye back though.

They lost their last 4 btw.

Guest neesy111

Everyone admits Norwich have been playing pretty well, so it wasn't realistic to expect to go there and pick up a straightforward win. Another point, they're all going to be vital. Overall a shocking game and with little from us going forward. Gorgeous to see Cabaye back though.

They lost their last 4 btw

Your constant defending of everything is brave btw.

They lost their last 4 btw.

I know, thanks.

We've got absolutely no confidence as a team and players were either going too safe at times or slightly mistiming passes, we’ll create more as we rebuild our game.

Were people really expecting us to play like Barca today? We're in horrendous form and we need every point that we can. Yes we went long at times and i'd wager most of this was from Williamson. Cabaye and Anita did try to hit Cisse with a long diagonal a few times.

People need to have a bit of a reality check as to where we are and what we are trying to achieve which unfortunately is to avoid being relegated. We were never going to go and win 4-0 like some seem to have been expecting. You don't come out of the type of form we are in after 1 game.

Would've been happy with a point beforehand but we'll not play a worse opposition all season and we still couldn't muster a half-chance. Good to stop the rot and keep a clean sheet too. Today would've been fine had Reading not won, the table still looks uneasy.

Krul, Santon and Colo played well.

I don't get how good Norwich are supposed to be. Some people say Hughton is class and they are playing well etc, then other people say we should roll them over and we won't play a worse team all season.

Ok, so people have different opinions? Look at the table, they're five points above us, that's how good they are. Oh and they'd lost their last 4 games before today, that's the form they were in going in to todays match.

:lol: Garry fucking Birtles - why? As a co-commentator it's like having a whingey old nana sitting next to you.

"I could do that better"

Really, random old lady? You took 30 games to score a goal as centre-forward for Manchester U-fucking-nited. It's what you're best known for. Are you going to shut up now?

"I'm wearing winklepickers"

Are you? Tremendous. When are they coming to pick you up? Oh, and lose that annoying Midlands accent, it sounds like the voice of doom.

"That's the worst match oi've ever seyn."

Terrific.

I have no idea how much he gets paid for this shit, but if it's more than zero he is very very lucky.

Were people really expecting us to play like Barca today?

:rolleyes:

Going by some of the reactions on here I wouldn't be surprised.

2 points off the relegation zone. Have you seen the table? It's not too much for people to expect us to try for the win. Playing for a draw is a dumb and risky strategy. It nearly cost us the precious 1 point right at the end.

We got 1 point, which is great. But trying for 1 point is nothing short of disgraceful.

TBF Poot we have been conceding goals left right and centre, im never going to turn my nose up at a 0-0 away from home, especially after the last couple of months and the lack of players we have.

It wasn't great, its a start and a platform with Reading to come to SJP, hopefully we will have a couple of bodies through the door.

Were people really expecting us to play like Barca today?

:rolleyes:

Going by some of the reactions on here I wouldn't be surprised.

2 points off the relegation zone. Have you seen the table? It's not too much for people to expect us to try for the win. Playing for a draw is a dumb and risky strategy. It nearly cost us the precious 1 point right at the end.

We got 1 point, which is great. But trying for 1 point is nothing short of disgraceful.

TBF Poot we have been conceding goals left right and centre, im never going to turn my nose up at a 0-0 away from home, especially after the last couple of months and the lack of players we have.

It wasn't great, its a start and a platform with Reading to come to SJP, hopefully we will have a couple of bodies through the door.

Nah, I know. I'm not turning my nose up at one point either (which I've said). Just saying aiming for it is dumb and also KDT going around with comments like "Were people really expecting us to play like Barca today?" is mental.

Onwards and upwards (even though we dropped down the table :lol:). But lets not kid ourselves that 21 points is anything short of horrific.

:thup: