Massadio Haïdara

Optimistic Nut

With what went on yesterday and now the way Wigan have conducted themselves since the incident they have cemented themselves into now being one of my most hated teams. Didn't used to mind them at all, barely took any notice of them to be fair but now desperate to see them relegated.

Guest icemanblue

I'll stick to the day job. :lol:

What's your avatar btw? It looks like the guy from Kill List?

Aye, Neil Maskell. But, that image is from Utopia.

Agree he deserves punishment just saying I don't think he intended to end his career or anything like some in here.

I agree with this, don't think it was intentional. just a silly silly tackle, that unfortunately could have ended a very young players career.

It was the classic "if I get a touch on the ball, I can kill the other guy". He clearly tried to hurt him ffs.

Wigan have gone down in my estimation here. How on earth can they defend that? If you see the video, he follows through with his other legs. Ends up being both legs off the ground. Hopefully the book is thrown at him...

Plenty of leg/ankle breakers go almost completely unpunished because the players who gets fouled don't get injured. It's really unfortunate that a player has had to be injured for this to be a big issue (for the next few days anyway).

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan describes Callum McManaman's challenge on Massadio Haïdara as a "fair tackle" #SSN

Expand

3m Adam Campbell ‏@adamcampbell_

@SkySportsNews excuse me ?

Hide conversation  Reply  Retweet  Favorite  More

Just watched the clip again a couple times. Now actually unsure on the malice. From this clip it looks like he dident go for the ball and the leg was his intended target.

Callum McManaman ( HORROR ) Tackle On Massadio Haidara | Wigan v  ||||||  Search on youtube

I think intent was to clear ball but momentum carried him into the planted leg. Not defending the result though, it was nasty.

You don't clear a ball like that.

Correct. You clear the ball with your laces not studs!! How anyone can defend the Wigan player is beyond me. I agree with the rules that Uefa employ in the CL and Europa: You raise your feet that high its a freekick

Plenty of leg/ankle breakers go almost completely unpunished because the players who gets fouled don't get injured. It's really unfortunate that a player has had to be injured for this to be a big issue (for the next few days anyway).

TBH shola's was just as dangerous but many are forgetting that.

Anitas last week was horrendous.

:serious:

yes, look at sholas tackle, just because he wasent injured dosent mean it wasent just as dangerous!

yes, look at sholas tackle, just because he wasent injured dosent mean it wasent just as dangerous!

I'll have another look when I get home. I remember it, though, and remember thinking it was a sure yellow, but didn't think he went in hard at all.

What is this? :lol: