Massadio Haïdara

Optimistic Nut

It was so obvious that he was boiling blood and out of control,  for after breaking Haidara's leg he then proceeded to charge at other players before inexplicably handling the ball.

Didn't Anichebe take us to court when Nolan did him? I hope we do the same with Wigan.

we wont- we are bigger than that, we allways are, thats why we are a big club and Wigan are really just a low league club above thier level,

likes of wimbledon, coventry have done it before- never come back tho once they go.

How anyone can even begin to defend that, is beyond belief. Look at the way he goes in man, it's not like going to challenge a player who's booting the ball out, he's literally piled into his knee with feet off the ground. What the fuck was he thinking? How would that kind of tackle ended in the recipient not being completely taken out? There's no conceivable way he wouldn't have done serious damage there.

Guest Phil K

I can understand backing "your boy" when he's getting attacked by all sides. BUT in this case, it's like the parents of a thug who has been terrorizing decent families blaming everyone BUT the thug, and ignoring glaring evidence.

And thats what this is - small minded, small people defending a thug and denying any evidence no matter how bleeding obvious how shamefully wrong they have read "their boy" (hardly the first time he's done this)

Reprehensible comments from Whelan.

Tell you what, forget about Sunderland, QPR, Saggy Redknapp or those Aston Villa fans - I'd love Wigan to go down more than anyone else. They're a scummy little club that need to fuck off forever.

Guest Phil K

Tell you what, forget about Sunderland, QPR, Saggy Redknapp or those Aston Villa fans - I'd love Wigan to go down more than anyone else. They're a scummy little club that need to f*** off forever.

My view now after yesterday

I can understand backing "your boy" when he's getting attacked by all sides. BUT in this case, it's like the parents of a thug who has been terrorizing decent families blaming everyone BUT the thug, and ignoring glaring evidence.

And thats what this is - small minded, small people defending a thug and denying any evidence no matter how bleeding obvious how shamefully wrong they have read "their boy" (hardly the first time he's done this)

aye, they should honestly have just come out and said "it was his debut, he fucked up, and he'll take whatever punishment is sent his way"

what the fuck would have been wrong with saying that like?

Dave Whelan: “young McManaman went in for the ball and got the ball, as clean as a whistle, then followed through and they collided" “..referee was 15 yards from the tackle. I don’t think his view was blocked. He had a clear view. I had a clear view in the stands.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/8890/jam-jar-glasses-old-lady_zps6ec45812.png

Chairman in defending own player shocker. Don't really know what people expected him to say?

"We pay his wages, but what he did was reprehensible. We'll be taking away his pocket money and his mother has been called."

Two years ago, Man City v Wigan Reserves match report

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/match-reports/2011/march/city-eds-v-wigan-res

However, the gloss was taken off the victory when former Barcelona youngster Gai Assulin was stretchered off in the 90th-minute following a reckless tackle by Latics' Callum McManaman which led to his second yellow and resulting red card. [...] As yet, there is no update on Assulin, who left the pitch in a leg brace"

Chairman in defending own player shocker. Don't really know what people expected him to say?

"We pay his wages, but what he did was reprehensible. We'll be taking away his pocket money and his mother has been called."

Or maybe "It was a bad tackle. The lad is sorry".

Fucking mental I know.

He doesn't need to say anything. It wasn't a defendable tackle.

Guest reefatoon

I can't wait to see this shit little club go down like.  Both their manager and chairman are making themselves look like clueless cunts aswell.  You can stand by your player, but to tell bare faced lies is just ridiculous and it is just making them look a little stupid.

Everything about that club smacks of small time.  I will be having a few extra celebratory drinks at the end of the season once this shit little club disappear forever.

Guest Roger Kint

May sound crazy but he could say nothing at all. When did you last hear Ashley say anything to the press? Nobody forced Whelan to spout shit

Two years ago, Man City v Wigan Reserves match report

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/match-reports/2011/march/city-eds-v-wigan-res

However, the gloss was taken off the victory when former Barcelona youngster Gai Assulin was stretchered off in the 90th-minute following a reckless tackle by Latics' Callum McManaman which led to his second yellow and resulting red card. [...] As yet, there is no update on Assulin, who left the pitch in a leg brace"

http://i.imgur.com/xqelqC1.jpg

sorry. I just liked this photo.

Have a word. Seriously.

As an apparent football person the chairman probably shouldn't come and declare a knee high studs up lunge as a "fair tackle". A crazy theory I know.

Dave Whelan: “young McManaman went in for the ball and got the ball, as clean as a whistle, then followed through and they collided" “..referee was 15 yards from the tackle. I don’t think his view was blocked. He had a clear view. I had a clear view in the stands

http://generatormeme.com/media/created/og8ucq.jpg

Dont give me this bullshit :lol:  There's absolutely no need to blatantly lie and say a shocking challenge was a perfect tackle just because he's your player.  He could just not comment, or just say "he made a mistake but he's a nice lad really ect".  Every single bit of what he says there is basically the opposite of the truth and "he's defending his own" just doesn't excuse that.

Guest reefatoon

Whelan is an old media whore, he loves gassing on to anyone and everyone who is within ear shot.  Hope he trips on his saggy bollocks and chokes on his false teeth.