Emre - Absolute Rubbish

stozo

Guest durhamsmoggy

For me is one of the worst and most overrated players we have.

His corners are utter crap, they either hit the first man or they don't go anywhere near our players. I can't remember the last time a free kick of his really troubled the goalkeeper or hit the woodwork.

The worst thing for me though is his massive inconsistancy. He'll track back and chase, play some brilliant passes for 10 mins but then he'll switch off, give the ball away, look generally disinterested, back out of 50/50 challenges. This absolutely kills us, he allowed the cross for the goal against Sheffield United and he missed his tackle against the Celta player the other week.

If we got offered anything near £7 million I'd get rid of him in an instant.

:lol:

Stozo- you really think the defence has been solid this year? How the hell did you come up with that assesment.  TOTW for that comment

LOL at Rubbish! Today its emre tomorrow it'll be someone else, I'm over it haha. Just a quick question 4 some of you, who has the most assists in the squad. Not trying to be smart (wouldn't even dare with the comments made here) just was curious thought he would be up near the top.

cheers STRONZO

Guest Steven_MB

Stozo- you really think the defence has been solid this year? How the hell did you come up with that assesment. TOTW for that comment

probly the fact that we've conseded the least goals in the prem this season apart from the top 4, aand we've let in the same amount as Liverpool!

free kick against the scum wasnt poor ... give the bloke a bit more time the position along side butt and he will improve.  He has been far more creative than Parker.

Parker has scored 2 goals in the Premiership to Emre's zero.

That for me shows that Parker is superior to Emre.

Simplistic way of looking at it, tbh.

So much rubbish I've never seen that much in one thread...

Before you want to get rid of Emre for 7 Million, whom do you think we can buy for that much money who is better than Emre ?

Players are not ROBOTS, they are humanbeings and will have off and on days...Emre in general has been better than worse and I don't think the current state of NUFC can attract any better players...

Guest Gosport Toon

I don't come on here that often these days but don't peoples views change quickly ?

It wasn't so long ago most people thought Parker was fantastic and Butt and Dyer were a waste of space.

Now we've got people saying Parker is useless and Butt / Dyer should be the first choice CM pairing.

I suppose when you are down near the bottom of the league any combination than the one thats being used looks attractive.

I think the problem is we are so busy defending as a team we are struggling to do the attacking part.

I think the least we need in Jan is a quality LB and a striker, this may help everyone else concentrate a bit more on their own jobs in the team.

So much rubbish I've never seen that much in one thread...

Before you want to get rid of Emre for 7 Million, whom do you think we can buy for that much money who is better than Emre ?

Players are not ROBOTS, they are humanbeings and will have off and on days...Emre in general has been better than worse and I don't think the current state of NUFC can attract any better players...

We could probably pick up Sidwell for a quarter of that as his contract is up at the end of the season and he would be a bigger threat on goal IMHO.

As somebody siad earlier in this thread Emre's problem is his consistency in going "missing" for periods in a game. He can be an excellent midfielder but this is all undone when he gets those ten minute spells where he does absolutely nothing, shirks tackles, stays static, doesn' t cover. These facets normally stick with me whilst watching him as his other qualities aren't of such a high standard to erase from my memory his absences.

I would also sell him for 6 million plus in January, this would guarantee us an extra man or two in defence...

Guest thompers

Emre is better than Parker. Simple as really.

Parker's only outstanding quality is his commitment. Otherwise, he's pretty average.

I do think that people are overly critical of our players on this forum, I personally think Parker and Emre are quality players and if Parker was told he has to be a DM then it would work between the 2 of them. Would be better than Emre Butt imo as i think Parker proved last season how good a DM he is.

Oh and so f***ing what if there are knee jerk responses after a player plays well in a game, it just shows that the fans are excited that a player is showing what they can do. Our whole team has been playin poorly this season, and if a few of those players can up their games theres no reason why a bit of consistency and confidence cant come back to our players games!

He was superb tonight. I'm not going to start shit with people, but there is a lot of fickle cunts on here who talk absolute shit, then they shut up when they get proved wrong. A lot of it seems to come from people who don't go to matches but post in matchday threads then they'll complain when they hear something on the radio. Knee jerk reactions.

He was superb tonight. I'm not going to start shit with people, but there is a lot of fickle C***s on here who talk absolute shit, then they shut up when they get proved wrong. A lot of it seems to come from people who don't go to matches but post in matchday threads then they'll complain when they hear something on the radio. Knee jerk reactions.

80% of this message board.  Read the official match thread when we went 2-1 down, "Roeder worse the Lawrie Mac" etc... wanks

Relegation would get rid of a large proportion of wanks.

yea stevie. i was working during the match, so i read the whole thing.  definetly got a chuckle from everyone screaming their heads off when we went down 2-1.

The way I look at it is - we have a squad of GOOD players. Thats enough to make a great team. But for that we need no injuries and 11 on the field on their game, not 3 or 4. So until we turn that around I'll settle for survival, a takeover, a new manager. It'll give us something new to critiscise.