Who would you go for?

BONTEMPI

I guess the one positive of Carver getting the job is that he won't last 20 games.

Ashley and co. won't risk another relegation and Carver is so out of his depth that he'll continue to be a monumental fuck up, breaking every unwanted club record in the process.

If they were going to sack Carver quickly for being terrible they would have done it already.

Guest Gino14

I guess the one positive of Carver getting the job is that he won't last 20 games.

Ashley and co. won't risk another relegation and Carver is so out of his depth that he'll continue to be a monumental f*** up, breaking every unwanted club record in the process.

If they were going to sack Carver quickly for being terrible they would have done it already.

I have thought the same many times with Pardew as well.  You think, surely this guy can't get through this terrible run without being sacked.  Then the spin begins.  The manager starts putting blame onto the players, bad luck and other factors.  All of a sudden the previous transfer window is brought into question and it's a different narrative about how new players are needed, then all will be fine and dandy.  Carver has already been doing that this time around.  He's talked about needing his own players, a summer to prepare and then the team will be better next season.  He's making a narrative that a moron above him can buy into as an easy and safe appointment for the club.  A similar but altered narrative will then be wheeled out if he wants to keep the job.  It seems to be the only thing Carver has learned from Pardew.  I think  Pardew could probably write a book on how to keep your job when consistently demonstrating gross incompetence.

Guest GallowgateKev

Can we add Neesy to this list?

After his top managerial performance last week...

Ashley and co. won't risk another relegation and Carver is so out of his depth that he'll continue to be a monumental f*** up, breaking every unwanted club record in the process.

I have thought the same many times with Pardew as well.  You think, surely this guy can't get through this terrible run without being sacked.  Then the spin begins.  The manager starts putting blame onto the players, bad luck and other factors.  All of a sudden the previous transfer window is brought into question and it's a different narrative about how new players are needed, then all will be fine and dandy.  Carver has already been doing that this time around.  He's talked about needing his own players, a summer to prepare and then the team will be better next season.  He's making a narrative that a moron above him can buy into as an easy and safe appointment for the club.  A similar but altered narrative will then be wheeled out if he wants to keep the job.  It seems to be the only thing Carver has learned from Pardew.  I think  Pardew could probably write a book on how to keep your job when consistently demonstrating gross incompetence.

I really really dread to think what Carver's ''own players'' would be.

11 guys he saw playing on the beach in Whitley Bay because they are local lads and know what the club means to the people of Newcastle.

Guest firetotheworks

11 guys he saw playing on the beach in Whitley Bay because they are local lads and know what the club means to the people of Newcastle.

Says the lad that defends Jack Colback to the hilt. :lol:

Guest Gino14

So do I.  There's been talk about us needing a British spine and that kind of thing.  Now it's not that having a British spine is bad.  If we did it well, we could recruit good young players and solid senior pro's that would fit the bill nicely.  We all know though that a policy like that will be far too expensive for our owner and board.  So what's more likely is a few crap old players shifted into the team and it'll be sold to us as putting the graft into the team that we badly need.  What we'll end up with is more punted long balls to Williamson, because even less of our players will be able to pass the ball five yards across the ground.

I'm often bemused by Spanish Football at times when games often end 8-0 and it looks like some of the teams haven't done a defensive training session in their lives.  However most Spanish teams can play Football well though and when they get into Europe, even the smaller teams seem to turn over English teams quite easily.  I can't imagine what it's like for many Spanish fans who watch say Newcastle vs West Brom finish 0-0 with periods of five minutes without a short pass.  It must be massively bemusing for any fan having to watch that dreadful display, like the ones we've put out in most games this season.

Says the lad that defends Jack Colback to the hilt. :lol:

When do I defend him? When he came I said I'm pleased for him and said why. You will be hard pressed to see me defending him after poor performances. As a matter of fact I barely go into that thread anymore.

So do I.  There's been talk about us needing a British spine and that kind of thing.  Now it's not that having a British spine is bad.  If we did it well, we could recruit good young players and solid senior pro's that would fit the bill nicely.  We all know though that a policy like that will be far too expensive for our owner and board.  So what's more likely is a few crap old players shifted into the team and it'll be sold to us as putting the graft into the team that we badly need.  What we'll end up with is more punted long balls to Williamson, because even less of our players will be able to pass the ball five yards across the ground.

I'm often bemused by Spanish Football at times when games often end 8-0 and it looks like some of the teams haven't done a defensive training session in their lives.  However most Spanish teams can play Football well though and when they get into Europe, even the smaller teams seem to turn over English teams quite easily.  I can't imagine what it's like for many Spanish fans who watch say Newcastle vs West Brom finish 0-0 with periods of five minutes without a short pass.  It must be massively bemusing for any fan having to watch that dreadful display, like the ones we've put out in most games for the past 5 years.

FYP

I'm often bemused by Spanish Football at times when games often end 8-0 and it looks like some of the teams haven't done a defensive training session in their lives.  However most Spanish teams can play Football well though and when they get into Europe, even the smaller teams seem to turn over English teams quite easily.  I can't imagine what it's like for many Spanish fans who watch say Newcastle vs West Brom finish 0-0 with periods of five minutes without a short pass.  It must be massively bemusing for any fan having to watch that dreadful display, like the ones we've put out in most games this season.

That's so true, it would actually be great to have more British players if we were prepared to pay what it takes to get the quality ones through the door.

We had a policy of buying quality young Brits under SBR which to be fair Fat Fred backed him up well. It served us quite well really, I don't think we lost a boatload in the transfer fees as a result of it. If anything we lost most of it when Souness came in and started buying shite like Boumsong.

The difference being the standard of British player isn't nearly what it used to be, and the league is far more dynamic than it used to be. It's an anachronistic policy.

The difference being the standard of British player isn't nearly what it used to be, and the league is far more dynamic than it used to be. It's an anachronistic policy.

That is true, back in SBR's days there was far less foreign quality players in the premier, but there are still decent British players being bought and sold we just aren't interested. Look at Sturridge when he became available. Not a hope in hell we were going to compete for his signature.

And to be clear, I don't think the club should be pursuing a policy of only buying players from X country, Britain or otherwise.

Though I feel there's better value to be had on the continent.

And to be clear, I don't think the club should be pursuing a policy of only buying players from X country, Britain or otherwise.

Though I feel there's better value to be had on the continent.

Right, how about we just buy the best players available to us. Radical concept i know.

I don't want Laudrup at all.

I feel the same. Disaster written all over it that one.

It would be Keegan (his second stint) all over again. Laudrup wouldn't last 2 months in the clubs current setup. He want complete control over transfers etc.