Official: Yoan Gouffran signs new contract with Goztepe

Tooj

We were playing well with Cisse banging them in and Ba was playing well on the wing just not scoring. What right did he think he had over the team to say I'm not playing on the wing anymore, I'm playing CF. Completely fucked us a team, we weren't the same team with the two up top or Cisse out wide. Ba might have scored goals again when back up top but we weren't half the team anymore, he chose his personal success over team success. I'm happy Gouffran doesn't have that attitude.

He wanted to play in the position he was best in, nothing wrong with that tbh and I bet most forwards would be the same.

We have seen since Ba left that he wasn't what stopped Cisse scoring so that excuse can go with the rest in the file marked 'Bullshit'.

Ba was our best forward and not all that out wide. They should have been competing for a place rather than one being forced out wide. The blame lies with Ashley/Pardew.

Played really well yesterday. Loved it when he pushed Bosingwa (I think) into the advertising boards!

Bosingwa :D

Was it not Willian ?

Nah, definitely Bosingwa.

We were playing well with Cisse banging them in and Ba was playing well on the wing just not scoring. What right did he think he had over the team to say I'm not playing on the wing anymore, I'm playing CF. Completely fucked us a team, we weren't the same team with the two up top or Cisse out wide. Ba might have scored goals again when back up top but we weren't half the team anymore, he chose his personal success over team success. I'm happy Gouffran doesn't have that attitude.

He wanted to play in the position he was best in, nothing wrong with that tbh and I bet most forwards would be the same.

We have seen since Ba left that he wasn't what stopped Cisse scoring so that excuse can go with the rest in the file marked 'Bullshit'.

Ba was our best forward and not all that out wide. They should have been competing for a place rather than one being forced out wide. The blame lies with Ashley/Pardew.

Ba missed some sitters when he played wide left, wasn't like he was not getting opportunities to score, he just never took them.

We were playing well with Cisse banging them in and Ba was playing well on the wing just not scoring. What right did he think he had over the team to say I'm not playing on the wing anymore, I'm playing CF. Completely f***ed us a team, we weren't the same team with the two up top or Cisse out wide. Ba might have scored goals again when back up top but we weren't half the team anymore, he chose his personal success over team success. I'm happy Gouffran doesn't have that attitude.

I wasn't mentioning anything about Cisse and his goals. More the fact I'm happy Gouffran doesn't have Ba's selfish attitude of I'm a CF and don't want to play on the wing. Gouffran is doing an excellent job and I have no doubt he will continue to do so wherever he maybe asked to play. That's what a team player is all about, not just playing in the position where you get the most accolade.

We were playing well with Cisse banging them in and Ba was playing well on the wing just not scoring. What right did he think he had over the team to say I'm not playing on the wing anymore, I'm playing CF. Completely f***ed us a team, we weren't the same team with the two up top or Cisse out wide. Ba might have scored goals again when back up top but we weren't half the team anymore, he chose his personal success over team success. I'm happy Gouffran doesn't have that attitude.

Who says he did?

I wasn't mentioning anything about Cisse and his goals. More the fact I'm happy Gouffran doesn't have Ba's selfish attitude of I'm a CF and don't want to play on the wing. Gouffran is doing an excellent job and I have no doubt he will continue to do so wherever he maybe asked to play. That's what a team player is all about, not just playing in the position where you get the most accolade.

Maybe, and I certainly suspect this to be the case, we would be much better as a team with Gouffran played centrally at this point in time, rather than Cisse or Shola. Gouffran's work rate is absolutely fantastic, why you have to bring Ba into this I don't know, but he certainly isn't/wasn't the antithesis of Goufran as you seem to be advocating.

I brung Ba into the equation because it still makes me angry the way he treated us so he could enhance his chances of a move away from the club for more money. Cisse was taking the headlines, Newcastle were winning but Ba wasn't content because he wasn't being noticed anymore. Fair play though because Pardew never had the spine to tell him to fuck off, he got his wish to play CF, he scored goals again, Newcastle's form stuttered to say the least and he fucked off to Chelsea on a nice wage. What a wanker.

Who says he did?

People have very selective memory. We dropped the 4-3-3 when we got tanked by Wigan and we beat Chelsea 0-2 in a 4-4-2. We started the season playing 4-4-2 and Ba scored the opener against  Spurs. Our form dipped, so did Cisse's and Ba's and Pardew gave Ba the bench and we went 4-5-1 against Everton. Ba scores a brace off the bench and he earned his run through the middle. Cisse had yet to register  single Premiership goal at that point. The next weekend Cisse skies a penalty but Ba had already scored. At that moment Cisse started to play a FEW games wide and that's it.

Cisse's been shit because Cisse has been shit.

I brung Ba into the equation because it still makes me angry the way he treated us so he could enhance his chances of a move away from the club for more money. Cisse was taking the headlines, Newcastle were winning but Ba wasn't content because he wasn't being noticed anymore. Fair play though because Pardew never had the spine to tell him to f*** off, he got his wish to play CF, he scored goals again, Newcastle's form stuttered to say the least and he f***ed off to Chelsea on a nice wage. hat a w*****.

Whilst you're completely wrong with everything you say there I don't feel there is a need to be so harsh on yourself.

:smitten:

A real workhorse and provides the occasional touch of class. One of my favourite players at the toon at the moment.

with the added bonus that Jonas will not walk back into the team when available

A real workhorse and provides the occasional touch of class. One of my favourite players at the toon at the moment.

I like Jonas too to be fair but he isn't as effective.

I like Jonas too to be fair but he isn't as effective.

:lol:

I think he's vastly improved since coming here :thup:

Nah, reckon he's always been at this level (more or less) during in his time here. Just not enough "marquee" enough for some IMO, so it's taken a bit of time to impress. Glad he has though.